• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces a new Mana game...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Come on girl, why do you do this, why do I have to wish bad things to happen.

Hero

Kagari you're not allowed to make threads with click-bait names. You're better than this. This is something Wario does.

Takao

Banned
hippos lab Co., Ltd. is an amazing developer name, and hey, at least they didn't put up a countdown clock for this one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kagari you're not allowed to make threads with click-bait names. You're better than this. This is something Wario does.

I think "Square Enix announced" + "thing you could conceivably want" + "it's not Eidos" usually implies a social/mobile/browser game, a title that will never be localized, or a sequel you probably didn't ask for.

crinale

Star Galaxy, Theatrhythm and now this. But I won't blame them anymore.
They are really doing their best, and this is all they can do for now.

Thank you Wada-san, for laying off too many engineers. Now you guys can not make a single console game anymore :(

I think "Square Enix announced" + "thing you could conceivably want" + "it's not Eidos" usually implies a social/mobile/browser game, a title that will never be localized, or a sequel you probably didn't ask for.

If there's no platform mentioned in the title, you can expect this. It's always browser based or mobile or something of the sort.

Seda

If the title of an announced game is not in the thread title, platforms aren't given and ends in an ellipses....

If you thought anything other than mobile/gree/browser... come on it's obvious

Hero

Oh, I know. After the whole TWEWY announcement hype I vowed to never get excited for another Square Enix tease ever again.

But people should expect this kind of treatment from Square Enix by now!

I expect the treatment from Square-Enix, I just don't expect you to be the messenger of false hope. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If the title of an announced game is not in the thread title, platforms aren't given and ends in an ellipses....

If you thought anything other than mobile/gree/browser... come on it's obvious

One day we'll have "New Chrono Trigger announced..." and it''ll be for next-gen consoles yet no one will open it because they think it's a GREE game.

I'm actually more surprised that they didn't put out a countdown for this.

Then again, the series has been run into the ground so far that, I guess it wouldn't make sense to bother, haha.

Eusis

One day we'll have "New Chrono Trigger announced..." and it''ll be for next-gen consoles yet no one will open it because they think it's a GREE game.
And it'll be one of the best games ever, but people are so disillusioned they'll refuse to acknowledge it even exists.
If a mod does this than who can we trust?
Let's be honest: when you end it with periods like that you KNOW it's not news you want. If it was news we'd want, it'd be including a dedicated handheld/console in the title.

Emitan

S-E can't get me excited anymore. Announcing FFXII Zodiac edition will be ported to Vita and sent for free to my house wouldn't even make me care. BECAUSE SOMEHOW IT WOULD BE A FUCKING CARD GAME

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
S-E can't get me excited anymore. Announcing FFXII Zodiac edition will be ported to Vita and sent for free to my house wouldn't even make me care. BECAUSE SOMEHOW IT WOULD BE A FUCKING CARD GAME

It wouldn't even be that bad if they were actually card games and not shitty pyramid schemes.

Yep this has become the norm for SE ,
Everyone should see this coming now.

Esura

Banned
I understand cell phone games is a big part of their strategy for profit but it seems like they announce more cell phone games in a short span of time than games for consoles and handhelds this entire generation.

What the is hell is a gree?

Oh, iOS junk, thread makes much more sense now.

JAPANESE exclusive to rub salt in the wound.

At least if this was an iOS / Android release there'd be the chance of localization.

Not a single S-E GREE title has (or will) be localized.

neoanarch

JAPANESE exclusive to rub salt in the wound.

At least if this was an iOS / Android release there'd be the chance of localization.

Not a single S-E GREE title has (or will) be localized.

Are any of them even worth playing? SE makes a ton of these things and I've never heard a good or bad thing about them. I fear for the day the Enix brands start going down this path.

Top Bottom