• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to launch on December 29th

L~A

As a certain "luny" member would put it "sighsighsigh".

It's just a placeholder. It's the last release date possible for a 2017 release, so that's the one Amazon chose.

December 15th is a more likely date, honestly. No way Nintendo is going to release a game on December 29th, it's a dead period in the west (just after Christmas and right before New Year).

TDLink

Definitely just a placeholder. It might come out in December but no way Nintendo releases this after Christmas.

Probably before Christmas right? But if that is the case then I expect Skyrim in November and also the game that gets good marketing then and Rocket league December as it wouldn't really clash and be a good game for people not interested.

I was hoping for the first days of december so i can play it all i want i hope that's not true, besides why lost christmas sales.

To be fair lots of potential sales after and usually school holidays end late January while many get money and gift cards etc to spend. I have seen games big released right after Christmas before just can't think of the titles right now so it isn't unprecedented.

Also in Europe minus the UK? Biggest sales in the year is the days between Christmas and New Year's. Our version of black Friday.

Lucreto

Placeholder

It would be the worst time to release a game.

The first week of December to mid January is basically a no go for new games. People have other priorities like Christmas and New Year on their minds.

Nekketsu Kõha;247464821 said:
To be fair lots of potential sales after and usually school holidays end late January while many get money and gift cards etc to spend. I have seen games big released right after Christmas before just can't think of the titles right now so it isn't unprecedented.

Mass Effect 2 released in January IIRC.

LAA

Thinking about it, that is probably place holder, but I would laugh if that was the release date.

That would be a very stupid day to release your game, so short after the Christmas season.

Pretty sure it'll release in November, which would make way more sense.
I mean, Nintendo is trying to sell this game, not let it die a quick and painful death.

Smasher89

Would much more likely be december 8th, since that date i know they have released games before iirc, and the Wii was released that date in europe back in the day.

Does sound like a placeholder, but would be hilarious if true. I always believed they could make 2017... this would be pushing it though!

silva1991

I can't believe some people are still calling the December 29th release place holder for games a rumor. I wonder if they will announce the date at TGS.

basefree

I honestly can't see this releasing by the end of the year. February seems like a more likely month to release this.

Localisation for an RPG of this scope, at least in Europe, where all Nintendo games are Multi-5.

I still believe this can slip to 2018.

There were rumors that this would be the case for Zelda where US and Japan would get theirs earlier than Europe and it turned up worldwide at launch in 7 different languages.

Judging by this title, the only localization needed was probably textual. Which is still an undertaking but likely factored into the Holiday 2017 date.

There were rumors that this would be the case for Zelda where US and Japan would get theirs earlier than Europe and it turned up worldwide at launch in 7 different languages.

Judging by this title, the only localization needed was probably textual. Which is still an undertaking but likely factored into the Holiday 2017 date.

Sure, but Zelda is a cornerstone in Nintendo history.

Xenoblade is just a niche IP.

I would definitely believe Nintendo would release this in December but not at the end of the month when it's the holiday season lol It's either gonna be as early as December to as late as February for Xenoblade 2 tbh

TheMoon

Video GAmes 101:

amazon dates are not rumors
amazon dates that are December 2X are placeholders in 100% of all cases because a game only has the year as it's release and that's what they put in their system

please close this thread. there is no rumor.

Video GAmes 101:

amazon dates that are December 2X are placeholders in 100% of all cases because a game only has the year as it's release and that's what they put in their system

this

please close this thread

Video GAmes 101:

Oh really now? I will send this to gamezone and say I work at Nintendo!!

Top Bottom