• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential Xbox One Day One Edition+Forza 5 outed? [Seemingly Real]

Edit 2:
UPDATE 2 (15:55): GAME has relisted the Forza Motorsport 5 bundle for £429.99.

VideoGamer.com is still awaiting further response from Microsoft.

Edit:
UPDATE: ShopTo has also listed the same bundle on its website, offering Day One Edition customers the option to choose between FIFA 14 or Forza Motorsport 5 as the free download.

shopto_forza.jpg

Apparently this was pulled down from GAME's website:

GAME posted an image showing the Xbox One Day One Edition appearing to be bundled "with Forza Motorsport 5" on its website soon after Xbox One's release date announcement earlier this afternoon.

But the image was quickly removed, only to be replaced by a standard Xbox One 'Get In The Queue' graphic.

Microsoft has yet to announce an official Xbox One: Day One Edition Forza MotorSport 5 bundle, but has previously confirmed that all European Day One customers will receive a free digital copy of FIFA 14.

At the time of the announcement, however, Microsoft also added that FIFA 14 would be "the first game included", hinting at the possibility of additional freebies.

When contacted by VideoGamer.com this afternoon, a Microsoft representative said that it had "nothing to share" on GAME's listing.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/f...lso_come_bundled_with_forza_motorsport_5.html

game_forza.jpg

Krakn3Dfx

Wording on that banner is pretty vague, like most ads. Could just as likely mean that Forza 5 is a game that's available for XBO.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Seems more like a "Forza 5 or FIFA 14" not "Forza 5 and FIFA 14". (See other thread). Would be still awesome, though, I would prefer Forza.

Omni

Eh, they need to just hurry up and just get the launch lineup out there. I hate having to revise my preorders because of the late announcements of Limited Editions and deals.

G17

Just saw this on twitter.. it just might be real.

No idea what the source for this picture is though.

BTU5ZhUCQAAJxGK.jpg:large

Microsoft said:
The Xbox team gave gamers another great reason to choose Xbox One as their next generation console, with the news that all pre-order Xbox One consoles in Europe will include a digital version of a blockbuster game and the first game included will be the best-selling sports franchise FIFA 14.

All pre-orders to date and future pre-orders will include FIFA 14, while supplies last.

I would love Forza 5 free with my day one edition XB1. Would allow me to pick up ryse or dr3 as the one game I plan on getting on launch instead of FM5. Please MS make it happen

VERY interesting overall. I can't believe Microsoft is going moneyhat to this level.

Good to see the Sega Saturn business model lives on

Top Bottom