• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M! Games Teaser: "Xbox 360 on fire: The four biggest exclusive franchises return"

GavinGT

Banned
Give this man a cigar and you have my axe. Give me some damn Perfect Dark already damnit!

Because 2005 Rare already couldn't handle making a Perfect Dark, let's just see how the Rare of today does.

Yeah, that sounds like something Microsoft would get behind.

Halo, Fable are givens. Gears seems likely given that we've had all these rumours about something else existing in that IP even if they haven't come to fruition yet.

can i hope for a proper Alan Wake 2 reveal now that American Nightmare came out? it would be a logical time to confirm the existance of the game if it is indeed in development as we all think it is... unless that rumour about it being for the next Xbox is also true.

S1kkZ

Because 2005 Rare already couldn't handle making a Perfect Dark, let's just see how the Rare of today does.

Yeah, that sounds like something Microsoft would get behind.

rare changed a bit in the last months (if the rumors are true). they hired some of the ex-bizarre and codemasters guys.

Jadedx

Banned
4 franchises return

Why would it be Halo, Fable, Gears, Crackdown or Forza? Those games have not gone anywhere. We know MechAssault is one them because of the Day 1 teaser. My guess for the other 3 are probably Crimson Skies, and 2 ips from rare. I don't think PGR5 will be shown till 2013.

Funny thing, when I was typing MechAssault I spaced it out and IE10 told me it was misspelled then I spelled it with a capital M and a lowercase a and it autocorrected to MechAssault.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Blinx The Time Sweeper
Grabbed by Ghoulies
Vodoo Vince
Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver

Yep definitely those 4

Maybe even Fuuuuuusioooooon Frenzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If it's Banjo, Conker, Kameo or Blast Corps (yeah not really big), I'd not only be there day one, but I'd be very, very thankfull, too. Would be around the right time, too, because without Rare's franchises, I'm absolutely not sure if I'll buy another Xbox when itt launches.

Xater

So I guess GDC will be the time when MS reveals a little bit of those games and then we get gameplay blowout at E3? Sounds about right to me.

I can't think of any past exclusives that would be really exciting when they come back. I guess a Banjo game would be cool, if it had emphasis on platforming.

4 franchises return

Why would it be Halo, Fable, Gears, Crackdown or Forza? Those games have not gone anywhere. We know MechAssault is one them because of the Day 1 teaser. My guess for the other 3 are probably Crimson Skies, and 2 ips from rare. I don't think PGR5 will be shown till 2013.

Funny thing, when I was typing MechAssault I spaced it out and IE10 told me it was misspelled then I spelled it with a capital M and a lowercase a and it autocorrected to MechAssault.
That teaser turned out to be an unrelated F2P mech PC game.

"Biggest franchises"
=
Halo4
Gears of War (Epic has to be working on something)
Mech assualt
last but not least the most obvious, "Flight simulator"

Xater

4 franchises return

Crimson Skies and Battletech are not owned by Microsoft. The teaser was for Mechwarrior Online by Piranha Games. Also Rare franchises are not exactly big these days except if they are for Kinect.

This is MGS, do you think they care?

Did you really think Blinx even had a shot at a resurrection? The Mistwalker games have a better shot, lol.
No hope. I don't think the MW RPGs have much hope either tbh, MGS doesn't seem to give a shit about Japan anymore. :(

This thread makes me said by being reminded about so many great franchises exclusive to the OG box that are all gone now.

Phantom Dust
Jade Empire
Mech Assault
Crimson Skies
Unreal Championship
Advent Rising

We already know Halo 4 is one of them. Fable is likely the second. Everything else is a big question mark unless they are including the PC exclusive new mech warrior F2P title

Please be Crimson Skies.

Sales wise they have Halo, Gears, Dance Central, Kinect Sports I suppose. Those blow away any top four for the PS3 sales wise in comparison. Wouldn't be as good as Nintendo though. That's kind of expected, it's Nintendo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I can't see it being Gears, didn't Epic say they were not working on another Gears game yet? No way Gears 4 is this year, no way Gears 4 is until the next Xbox.

Satchel

Banned
I can't think of any past exclusives that would be really exciting when they come back. I guess a Banjo game would be cool, if it had emphasis on platforming.

Really?

You font think there'd be at least a small handful of people excited for the possibility of:

Perfect Dark?
Killer instinct?
Crimson Skies?
MechAssault?
Project Gotham?
Viva Piñata?
Amped?

Mind you Microsoft is sitting on a whole heap of other IPs they haven't touched in years. Rallisport, Blinx, Azurik, Brute Force, Conker, fusion frenzy, phantom dust plus a few others.

Will any of these be resurrected? Probably not. But that doesn't mean the possible return of some of these wouldn't get some people excited. You're covering a decent amount of genres there and I think all of them could make good games if handled appropriately. IF being a key word here.

well they can still return. Since when is there a time frame when something returns? I can go away for a minute and still return.
Stop it, when you have a headline like that, people are going to expect a franchise that's been away for a while, not one that was out a year ago, or some months ago.

Top Bottom