• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humans not responsible for global warming . . . Satan to blame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Thank goodness Jerry Fallwell is on earth to set the record straight!!

http://www.wric.com/global/story.asp?s=6140669

The Reverend Jerry Falwell says global warming is "Satan's attempt to redirect the church's primary focus" from evangelism to environmentalism.
Falwell told his Baptist congregation in Lynchburg yesterday that "the jury is still out" on whether humans are causing -- or could stop -- global warming.

But he said some "naive Christian leaders" are being "duped" by arguments like those presented in former Vice President Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth. Falwell says the documentary should have been titled "A Convenient Untruth."

Falwell said the Bible teaches that God will maintain the Earth until Jesus returns, so Christians should be responsible environmentalists, but not what he calls ... quote ... "first-class nuts."

Well to be fair, Hell is underground at the center of the Earth. That's a fact. Hell is hot, that's also a FACT! So he has a point.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I can't stand apocalyptic traditions in Christianity. man that shit bugs the hell out of me. it's giving everyone an excuse to trash and **** over everything that could be deemed important because they think jesus is coming back.

whytemyke said:
I can't stand apocalyptic traditions in Christianity. man that shit bugs the hell out of me. it's giving everyone an excuse to trash and **** over everything that could be deemed important because they think jesus is coming back.

So here's a fun one. What if (i'm realllllly reaching here :lol) he does come back, full carpenter power and all that jazz. How you think he'll take people wearing his death around their necks?

Dear Lord,

If you have to send somebody to hell, please send these religious freaks. We dont want them on Earth.

Have a nice day, say hi to my relatives over there.
Bye

Zaptruder

Banned
I'm sick of these right wing ****s manipulating religion into a right wing propaganda machine.

It's so tiresome hearing about politics and religion in america. Wish you could nuke the whole hypocritical edifice and start again on a belief system predicated on logic.

ToxicAdam

Jerry is just upset he didn't figure out how to fleece the guilty, rich liberal first. Fleecing the trailer park trash isn't nearly as profitable.

MaddenNFL64

So, by 'naive Christian leaders', who is he calling out? I would love to see a war of words happen between pastors. I need more entertainment.

Satan: Hmmm...if I have my unholy minions stoke the flames of hell just 3 degrees hotter, I may be able to divert God's followers onto the red herring of environmentalism and away from their mission of saving more souls...it's just crazy enough to work.

Saddam: Hey Satan.....look at this!

Satan: Oh, Saddam. *sighs*

"Global Warming" is cyclic. it's happened in the past. the earth's temp heated up by something like several whole degrees in the middle-ages. it's been much hotter in the past than it is now.

all the global warming fear-mongering is part of the NWO's agenda for the U.S. and the world.

ohhh Global Warming is so bad ====> Global Government.

oh and F**K al gore and his Convenient Lie :)

besides, global warming is GOOD. it lets more crops grow longer, and in parts of the world they normally would not. makes for milder winters etc.

I love global warming. :lol

Link1110

The Reverend Jerry Falwell says global warming is "Satan's attempt to redirect the church's primary focus" from evangelism to environmentalism.
Falwell told his Baptist congregation in Lynchburg yesterday that "the jury is still out" on whether humans are causing -- or could stop -- global warming.

But he said some "naive Christian leaders" are being "duped" by arguments like those presented in former Vice President Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth. Falwell says the documentary should have been titled "A Convenient Untruth."

Falwell said the Bible teaches that God will maintain the Earth until Jesus returns, so Christians should be responsible environmentalists, but not what he calls ... quote ... "first-class nuts."

Wait, so God is maintaining the Earth, but somehow Satan is able to do something as major as global warming?

TheIkariWarrior said:
"Global Warming" is cyclic. it's happened in the past. the earth's temp heated up by something like several whole degrees in the middle-ages. it's been much hotter in the past than it is now.

all the global warming fear-mongering is part of the NWO's agenda for the U.S. and the world.

ohhh Global Warming is so bad ====> Global Government.

oh and F**K al gore and his Convenient Lie :)

besides, global warming is GOOD. it lets more crops grow longer, and in parts of the world they normally would not. makes for milder winters etc.

yeah, all those droughts and floods I keep hearing about are doing us all a world of good.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Between those three statements, too many logical fallacies to count.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So religion and environmental responsibility are conflicting, incompatible idealogies, then? How is that?

ziegen

Doesn't that satan guy ever do anything good to help us out.....all I ever hear about is the bad stuff. sheesh

maybe if people just gave him a chance.....

AntoneM

whew! and I thought I would have to start driving less, using less heat/AC, and switching my light bulbs. Suck it Satan! I ain't changin'!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
ziegen said:
Doesn't that satan guy ever do anything good to help us out.....all I ever hear about is the bad stuff. sheesh

maybe if people just gave him a chance.....
devilalpacinooh0.gif

"I'm here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began. I've nurtured every sensation man's been inspired to have. I cared about what he wanted and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him. In spite of all his imperfections, I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist. Maybe the last humanist. "

Phoenix

Nut job Falwell said:

Earth isn't going anywhere...

ronito

fallengorn said:
devilalpacinooh0.gif

"I'm here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began. I've nurtured every sensation man's been inspired to have. I cared about what he wanted and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him. In spite of all his imperfections, I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist. Maybe the last humanist. "
Oh man, I loved the devil in that movie.

zon

Zaptruder said:
I'm sick of these right wing ****s manipulating religion into a right wing propaganda machine.

It's so tiresome hearing about politics and religion in america. Wish you could nuke the whole hypocritical edifice and start again on a belief system predicated on logic.

I have found the answer!

satanic_bible.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
TheIkariWarrior said:

Europe and its dependency on the gulf stream says "hi".
are you informed ?
Of the grand conspiracy to defile my bodily fluids? Absolutely.

Armitage

Shig said:
So religion and environmental responsibility are conflicting, incompatible idealogies, then? How is that?

Humans can't go extinct, the bible CLEARLY states that the Rapture will take believers away into the coulds.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I love how some people think that when god said we're stewards of the earth, he really meant we could do whatever the **** we wanted and he'd clean up after us.

Armitage

Verano said:
Evangelical dumbass- -100 to the infinite power

Ok, so, it's been a while since I did calculus, but wouldn't -100^infinty be as much a positive number as a negative number?

zon

Zaptruder said:
Are you mocking me? Or did you just out yourself as a satanist? :/

Come on dude, the thread is about a preacher who blames Satan for global warming, how can I not whip up a pic of TSB when someone wishes for a new religion in that thread? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom