• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House planning ‘Made in America’ week

Maximo

Remember this?

gettyimages-514394400_wide-943b3b99b491c9f867f28a35869569a0e2e87d7e-s900-c85.jpg

He so badly wants to display his stuff on the White House lawn. He probably will I'm sure.

His jacket and pants looks like he borrowed them from his dad being a size or two bigger then himself.

Cheerilee

“For too long our government has forgotten the American worker. Their interests were pushed aside for global projects and their wealth was taken from the communities and shipped overseas,” said Ferre. “Under the leadership of President Donald Trump, not only will the American worker never be forgotten, but they will be championed.”
Isn't that what the Bolsheviks said right before Russia turned Communist?

How American of you, Comrade Trump.

Pfft made in America week, while workers are struggling.

Most Presidents realize the night they get elected that the entire country has to become their base. Eight months later and Team Trump still doesn't understand this. It's like they think being president is just a four year extension of the campaign or something.

It's what happens when you have an ego the size of Mt. Rushmore.

Lil Marco

Banned
They could easily use Tesla as a "made in america" showcase but of course electruc carz are 4 fuckin La-La-Land liberal snowlfakes and Musk is stealing our hard earned tax dollars to fund his scam company amirite. Instead we'll just parade around GM's disgusting, manchild-designed muscle cars

Made in Moscow.

Trike

I legitimately thought this was about "Coming to America" for a second and was cautiously excited/confused. Really disappointed that it's just going to be something stupid instead. "here are some products that you'll maybe buy one of and complain that it costs so much"

cameron

WaPo: Trump officials open border to 15,000 more foreign workers
The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage, seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump's "Hire American" rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from the fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.

The increase represents a 45 percent bump from the number of H-2B visas normally issued for the second half of the fiscal year, said senior Homeland Security officials in a call with reporters Monday.

The visas are for workers taking temporary jobs in the seafood, tourism, landscaping, construction and other seasonal industries -- but not farm laborers.
Asked how allowing more foreign workers aligns with Trump's America First policies -- especially as the White House kicks off what it has promoted as "Made in America" week -- one of the Homeland Security officials said the increase "absolutely does" fit in with Trump's campaign promises.

"We're talking about American businesses that are at risk of suffering irreparable harm if they don't get additional H-2B workers," he said. "This does help with American businesses continuing to prosper."

Another official said the government made the decision after "considering the interest of U.S. workers" and has created a tip line for reports of worker exploitation and abuse.

"[Secretary John Kelly] first and foremost is committed to protecting U.S. workers and strengthening the integrity of our immigration system," she said.

The officials briefed reporters in advance about the new policy on the condition that they not be named.
Trump in February had called on Congress to pursue a “merit-based” immigration system that would favor high-skilled workers and close off avenues to lower-skilled immigrants and extended family members of permanent U.S. residents.

But Trump himself has used H-2B visas to hire temporary workers at his golf resorts in Palm Beach, Fla., and Jupiter, Fla.

Ithil

I would say they should consider a "Make America" week but they seem to be in line to run 52 of those this year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They sent out the big dog:

Zeke Miller‏ @ZekeJMiller

@PressSec talks around question about Ivanka/POTUS products that are not made in America

Zeke Miller‏ @ZekeJMiller

@PressSec says “it’s not appropriate for me to stand up here and talk about a business” but POTUS/Ivanka retains financial stakes

Ok so what the fuck did trump mean when he said
"Mccains gonna get better soon, faster than the other one"

Or something like that, I'm paraphrasing, but who is he referring to?

Tovarisc

Ok so what the fuck did trump mean when he said
"Mccains gonna get better soon, faster than the other one"

Or something like that, I'm paraphrasing, but who is he referring to?

I think he refers to Republican who got shot in that baseball practice.

His name escapes me atm.

HOLY SHIT

reciprocity is trumps favorite word!!

rec·i·proc·i·ty
ˌresəˈpräsədē/
noun
the practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit,especially privileges granted by one country or organization to another.

Hahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahah

Tit for tat. Like seeking out your country for money.Fuck you life.

Edit jakes on CNN DESTROY HIM JAKE

Foffy

Banned
This administration sure as shit is playing the game of politics more than the actual "establishment."

Double-meanings everywhere. Made in America is just PR to these con artists.

If any new Russia leaks this week match last week's in terms of significance, nobody is going to be talking about Made in America week, it will literally disappear. Bring it on.

Ithil

In case you were uncertain before, it is made clear again that Trump doesn't know what a legislative bill is.

LakeEarth

So he's bringing back US manufacturing! But he's not going to lead by example and move manufacturing of Trump products to the US. Because that would be a poor business decision.

Wait...

Tovarisc

Asked About Trump Products Made Out Of The U.S., Spicer Says That’s ‘Out Of Bounds’
In an off-camera return to the lectern Monday — the first day of what the White House has dubbed “Made in America” week — White House press secretary Sean Spicer dodged questions about the Trump Organization and daughter Ivanka Trump’s companies manufacturing products overseas.

Asked if any of the Trump family brands will commit to no longer manufacturing goods abroad, Spicer said the president’s agenda focuses on making sure “all companies can hire here, can expand here, can manufacture here.”

On the Trump family’s companies, however, Spicer said, “It’s not appropriate for me to stand up here and comment about a business. I believe that is a little out of bounds.”

Spicer was also asked by a reporter Monday about the Trump administration’s “policy remedy” for companies like Ivanka Trump’s that claim it’s not possible to manufacture certain products in the U.S.

“I can’t answer that question, in the sense that I’m not — but I can tell you that it depends on the product,” Spicer said. “There are certain things that — certain industries that we don’t do as much anymore, and there are certain things that we do do more .... In terms of scalability, there are certain things that we may not have the capacity to do here, in terms of having a plant or factory that can do it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016&section=politics

Top Bottom