• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

So I've hopped onto the PTS and it seems I've ended up at lv132 (very close to 133, might hit it before the patch).

For summer of Smite there is a bonus item called surfer bro AP, it seems kinda like He Bro VP although I'm pretty sure it is a different voice actor. Other things include Nene Kaiju avatar, frame, pedestal, happy sun jump stamp, rainbow emote and Summer of Smite loading card.

The Bacchus skin is, unfortunately, the final reward for buying all 8 skins.

In case people here want to know their new levels I will rank them the top 8 after me (from the clan), will spoiler them in case people don't want to know theirs:

Bamelin:

Spiritreaver:

TheUnluckyCookie:

bleeb:

rygar8bit:

Xelha:

Guitaratomik:

AaronChance:

DeviantBoi

RIP NRG and Obey.

I was hoping NRG would make it to the finals, though realistically I knew they would fall to Dignitas, but I was sure that Obey would make it.

DeviantBoi

FINALLY took down the Hydra!

I played as Nike and got a great Aphrodite. Cernunnos died shortly after the Hydra battle started, but we ended up doing fine with without him.

FINALLY took down the Hydra!

I played as Nike and got a great Aphrodite. Cernunnos died shortly after the Hydra battle started, but we ended up doing fine with without him.

Yeah, the changes to the buffs were a godsend. Before that I could barely even make to Lion with most groups. After the changes I was able to full clear 4 times out of 6 runs, with the two fails being because our Nike didn't have buffs.

Even won one with Mercury in place of Nike, he was crushing everything with those buffs and tanked Hydra no problem lol.

Seriously Hi-Rez, what the hell is this?

seriouslyuhsr6.png

Dude went 0-8 as Cern too.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Hello. o/
I just started playing Smite yesterday and it seems a lot of fun after I played LoL and HotS before. I just created my account so I can still add someone who "referred" me to get/give rewards, so I thought I might ask for someone here. :3
Also about the clan: Is it just on the North American server or can I also join on the Europe server? :eek:

Hello. o/
I just started playing Smite yesterday and it seems a lot of fun after I played LoL and HotS before. I just created my account so I can still add someone who "referred" me to get/give rewards, so I thought I might ask for someone here. :3
Also about the clan: Is it just on the North American server or can I also join on the Europe server? :eek:

You can freely swap servers at any time in the game mode selection screen so the server you choose won't have any effect.
I can shoot you an invite if you're on PC someone else will send it if you're on console. Either way you're gonna need to leave you in-game name so we can send it.

If you have any build or God related questions feel free to ask here!

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
You can freely swap servers at any time in the game mode selection screen so the server you choose won't have any effect.
I can shoot you an invite if you're on PC someone else will send it if you're on console. Either way you're gonna need to leave you in-game name so we can send it.

If you have any build or God related questions feel free to ask here!

Ok. :D I'm playing on pc.
My ingame name is the same as here: Samuraischnecke

After 2 MOBAs it's not that hard to understand the mechanics, but I'll ask if anything else comes up!

Love the new Cupid skin!

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nGWu3At.jpg[/IMG]

I noticed that Cupid skin fires his basics from the left hand where normally he is right handed. As far as I now AMC is currently the only left handed hunter and it has been stated that the difference in the hand he uses actually affects people's play with him, wonder if this will affect Cupid players or if it was even a conscience choice by the devs.

And here are the teams for the NRG Invitational:

DFsej7WUQAAG3ve.jpg:large

Barra has the better team by far, no weakness in any role there.

Just played Chiron for the first time since his buffs. Marking with his 1 just feels so much more natural and he plays so much better because of it, not to mention how much more potent he is as well. I'm really digging him.

Hey people. I've never popped in here before but I play a lot so I thought I should check in. [I'm on console though.]
I play Skadi, Amy, and a little bit of Khumba. Hope to pick up some strats from you guys. I'm currently trying to get decent at a mage.

Navid

Hey people. I've never popped in here before but I play a lot so I thought I should check in. [I'm on console though.]
I play Skadi, Amy, and a little bit of Khumba. Hope to pick up some strats from you guys. I'm currently trying to get decent at a mage.
Some nice beginner mages to try out in my opinion are:

Poseidon - plenty of ways to play him and he is pretty straightforward to play with lots of circles.

Vulcan - lots of area control and poke damage early on and straight up hurts late game if you hit his abilities... his ult can be very satisfying.

Sol - fun and easy to use, very safe and does a lot of damage (with both auto attacks and abilities) throughout all stages of the game.

Ra - a bit more of a utility mage than the above but still does plenty of damage if you hit his line abilities... has great early game clear.

Some nice beginner mages to try out in my opinion are:

Poseidon - plenty of ways to play him and he is pretty straightforward to play with lots of circles.

Vulcan - lots of area control and poke damage early on and straight up hurts late game if you hit his abilities... his ult can be very satisfying.

Sol - fun and easy to use, very safe and does a lot of damage (with both auto attacks and abilities) throughout all stages of the game.

Ra - a bit more of a utility mage that the above but still does plenty of damage if you hit his line abilities... has great early game clear.

Thanks for the advice! I've put some time in with ra, Hades and Chang'e before. I feel I can play them well, but not great.
But I just started playing Hebo and its feeling pretty great so far. All about the pop up.

Navid

Wow, Artio is next level busted.
I think she is very strong but I also think the effect is exacerbated due her being new and people not really knowing what she does. I feel like silences shut her down hard as she is very much an ability spam character... if you are playing as Artio into a Nox and Ganesha it can quickly become a very rough experience.

Think the increased cooldowns on her two key abilities that is coming in the next patch (4.15) will be a good change.

One day a developer will make a team based multiplayer game that isn't a total nightmare to solo queue.

Me and my friends (3 of us regularly play on X1) get egregiously bad mm as a team often. The game figures our 2.5k mmr is fine carrying brand new players in Conquest vs average 2k mmr team. Nope.

I remember being disappionted how weak Cuchulain felt at first, but Artio is showing me how nice it was to not have a new god be so ridiculous op.
Yeah I'm backing down off my earlier statement already lol.

DeviantBoi

3x worshipers this weekend!

Which means that I'll be placed in teams trying to their gods to rank I and pitted against teams trying to get their gods to rank X.

Malrend

3x worshipers this weekend!

Which means that I'll be placed in teams trying to their gods to rank I and pitted against teams trying to get their gods to rank X.

Oh yeah, I should get Artio to rank I this weekend..

After I get Ullr and Xing Tian to X.
Edit: While staring at my friend getting FabAFChiron to X.

DeviantBoi

I've got a lot of Assassins to get to rank I and a lot of 2x worshiper boosters to burn.

Two losing games with each should be enough to get most of them to rank I.

I really don't like melee gods. I can't box for hell.

Malrend

Funnily enough I am almost the complete opposite.
I am absolutely terrible at Hunters (even the more ability-based ones), except for Izanami and Ullr, both functioning in melee range.
Then we have Mages where Ao Kuang was my favourite for a long time, although I do have an easier time playing Mages than I do Hunters (possibly due to the smaller selection of Magical Power items).
Ultimately I prefer playing Warriors though.

Warriors are my least-played god type.

I really prefer mages over all else. I feel like even if my K:D isn't that great, I can still contribute to Arena games by wiping out minion waves.

Boy it never gets old. Handily winning, and then the entire team decides the artio Aphrodite combo is where every drop of their damage needs to go.
Oy.

DeviantBoi

Opened one of my Cutesy Avatar chests to get a 3-day booster.

I'm getting 26 worshippers for every loss and 52 for every win.

Had 58 masteries when i started. Now I'm at 75 and not even halfway through the weekend.

I think I might hit 90 if I continue playing a lot.

Ganhyun

Not sure if pc or PS4 see this meta, but a multi guardian meta has emerged on XB1 with the 4.14 patch.

One artio, and two other guardians, a mage, and one physical of some sort and ur unstoppable.

u get guardians who can tank anything a team tosses at them putting out 1200+ damage in 2-3 hits wrecking players.

hoping 4.15 fixes this.

Not sure if pc or PS4 see this meta, but a multi guardian meta has emerged on XB1 with the 4.14 patch.

One artio, and two other guardians, a mage, and one physical of some sort and ur unstoppable.

u get guardians who can tank anything a team tosses at them putting out 1200+ damage in 2-3 hits wrecking players.

hoping 4.15 fixes this.

Not seen that, but i do love guardians a lot so sounds fun! And broken...

I also wish Hi Rez scrapped Bracer. Totally stupid item on a Herc or Guardian, not needed. Aegis is enough of a crutch for players, bracer is pure troll.

Not seen that, but i do love guardians a lot so sounds fun! And broken...

I also wish Hi Rez scrapped Bracer. Totally stupid item on a Herc or Guardian, not needed. Aegis is enough of a crutch for players, bracer is pure troll.

AntiHeal and it basically does nothing.
People do it to me all the time.

Malrend

I'd prefer it if Aegis was scrapped.
Or at least changed back to its original form, where you couldn't move while it was active.
Bracer keeps the game going, while Aegis just stops flow of it for a few seconds.

Also, this was a good weekend.
I got Ullr, Xing Tian, and Choo Chulainn to X, and I now have one Diamond of each class, woop!

Time to stop playing Smite.

DeviantBoi

Final weekend stats:

Arena matches: 48
Victories: 24
Worshiper Boosters used: 13
New rank I Masteries: 32
1-game masteries: 18

I now have the shiny "90" avatar!

I wish I could have had time to level up Nu Wa or Cernunnos, but I really wanted that avatar.

Oh, and Artio is so broken on consoles. I not only hated facing her, but I also hated when we had Artio on our team and the guy didn't know how to play her.

Navid

Managed to save a team-mate with an Anhur pillar yesterday in the new Adventure Arena mode... Also found out the hard way that Camazots can't actually fly over the holes in his ult, he falls down as soon as he passes over where the edge is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBf4SwE3Dsw

It's funny how much peoples mentality and play-style changes in that mode compared to regular arena.

This adventure is borderline unplayable.

Amaterasu that builds only attack speed with 0 protections. Bastest that dies 23 times in a 12 minute match.

I wish you had to take an IQ test to play Smite.

Edit: Oh boy, a Hercules with 0 protections. Instead he opted for Ninja Tabi, Transcendence, Hydra's Lament and Hastened Katana.

Top Bottom