• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wait is over - First PS3 Ad

Aeon712

Like every PS3 ad/banner I'm gonna need this one explained to me. Why can't they just use the dust balls :(.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Something about standing on rooftops that makes me think Nocturne.

Awesome ad.

saw, this ad in the theatre before the departed..

it's awesome in the theatre..

thought it was a movie ad for spider man 3 at first lmao.. j/k

I love the artistic metaphor of the perception of the fact the philosophical meaning behind this piece means that it was utter bollocks.

fse

bleh, i couldn't tell what they were trying to sell in the ad.
Many would not know its the ps3.

Deku

Banned
It's a feel good ad and it serves its purpose.

Except for that 9 year old, the wait very likely won't be over come this november. lol.

Maridia

Wow, domination of post-rock loving nine-year-old demographic confirmed. Brilliant. Reminds me of the way they locked down dustball fetishists with the PSP. Anyone have time to do a parody? I'll save you the conceptual stage. Kid looking at sky.

THE WAIT IS OVER

11/17/06

PLAYSTATION 3

*cut back to skygazing third-grader. it starts raining*

$600 US DOLLARS

*kid cries*

WalkMan

Banned
Awesome ad. I can only imagine how it was shown in the theatre, but really needs more mention of an actual Playstation 3.

Wollan

Maxwell House said:
Also, why do the kids have red backpacks on???

It's the theme color for PS3. Black and Red.

Edit: I'm amazed on how much people are taking this Spiderman font out of proportions.

alterego

Very cool ad. There's a sense of something grand approaching.

Anyone else notice the time on the wall clock - almost 3.

I thought it was a cool ad but the look is really misleading.

You could easily replace the end text with:
War is coming

I don't mean console wars but a real war. Add in zeppelin-like imagery flying overhead, bleak gray landscape and it's a rather grim and odd ad.

Duderz

Banned
Pretty cool ad. I like all the subtle 3's it gives, but I can see people definitely thinking this would be a Spider-Man ad or something. It is way too ambiguous, and shows nothing of the product at all. More of a teaser than anything else.

Nice music, too.

Branduil

I hate these commercials that don't show anything of the product. It was cool one time, when Apple did it in the 1984 commercial. It's not cool anymore.

Top Bottom