• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Shred (Session) Announced (iOS/Android)

SFenton

Mobile-only.

No skateboard required, I guess... looks fun so far?

Shred Session is getting its finishing touches right now, and like all free to play games, will feature a brief soft launch before a worldwide roll out. The soft launch is scheduled inside of the next few weeks with a "full" launch coming this summer. In spending the day with Tony, one thing was clear: He's really excited for this game, and he's poured tons of time and attention in to it. If that's not reason enough to be similarly stoked, I don't know what is.

Green Yoshi

A lane runner?

I think I will stick with this one in my Gameboy Micro:

00531ayex.jpg

bigkrev

What is the microtransaction element? Couldn't tell from the video, and there is no way they are charging money for this

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember when Tony Hawk (2) was hip as hell and everyone bragged about how much points they could gather up within the 2 minute time-limit in the PS1-demo.

Alienous

Hopefully they can expand on the concept in the future. Seems very Temple Run-esque.

But this feels like the right market. And I've always appreciated Hawk's hands on approach to the THPS series.

SFenton

There were only 100 sequels to that game? And if you are talking about the 2 minute run style of games, Tony Hawk HD was for you

Yeah, if you liked terrible physics and a soulless husk of two fan favorites, without even any splitscreen so compensate.

Top Bottom