• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

Dantis

NEW SMT

AH

GOD

WHAT

Don't even know what it is and I AM HYPED TO SHIT.

EDIT: Wait, is this Hashino's surprise collaboration? IS HASHINO WORKING ON THIS?

HOLY FUCK THE POSSIBILITIES AAAAAAAAAAH

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, I dunno what the fuck this is. Will it be a SMT game that has Fire Emblem characters? Will it be a Fire Emblem game with SMT demons?

DON'T CARE.

I love both of these franchises, and I want the ever loving fuck out of this.

And hey, it's SMT... and not on a portable. That's a victory.

Dantis

I just watched the trailer.

Oh my life I am excited.

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man

Thank God I kept my Wii U! ;_;

Dantis Wii U purchase redeemed.

It will be interesting to see how this shit goes down really...this game could literally go any direction...

SRPG grid movement, turn based combat ala devil survivor, with permadeath + press turn weak/strength system. Holy Shit. This could be amazing.

scy

I don't know what to think about this.
I wonder what kind of game it is. Hopefully not a fighting game.

Bringing us back down to earth with this post :x I think everyone immediately went into "SRPG RIGHT? ITS SRPG YUP SRPG SMT x FIRE EMBLEM SRPG"

If it's a fighting game, the GAF meltdown may be the greatest of the year.

Instant kill magic meets crit chance and permadeath!

RNG x RNG

Ricker

the weirdest announcement out of the Direct

can't wait to see this clusterfuck how are they gonna do this?

First person dungeon crawls and the battles will change to a grid system,like Kings Bounty or FE on a smaller scale maybe??...

Darrcyphfeid

Neo Member
I've never been so bewildered by an announcement before. Potentially cross-developed by Intelligent Systems and Atlus (is R&D1 still a thing, officially?), this is... literally a dream come true? Doesn't really even matter what kind of game it is; I'm obligated to be there day one.

Odds of Persona 5 appearing on Wii U just jumped significantly too, I imagine.

randomkid

Hmm, never had any interest in Fire Emblem but I can't understate the good feeling I got seeing Kaneko's art featured once again.

I hope this game comes out years from now, whatever it is, I'm still in the middle of SMT1 so SPOILERZ are a big concern!

I've never been so bewildered by an announcement before. Potentially cross-developed by Intelligent Systems and Atlus (is R&D1 still a thing, officially?), this is... literally a dream come true? Doesn't really even matter what kind of game it is; I'm obligated to be there day one.

Odds of Persona 5 appearing on Wii U just jumped significantly too, I imagine.

R&D1 is split into two teams after Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga, P-Studio, obviously the Persona (also Catherine) Team, and Team Maniax, the Nocturne Maniax/Raidou/SMT Strange Journey/SMT 4 team.

MrT-Tar

The first megatonne of the year, I actually muttered 'wtf' out loud. This is so strange, yet it seems so perfect at the same time.

Tiu Neo

Got into both series last year. My god, it's like Nintendo is reading my mind.

Will buy 10 copies if it comes west.

scy

It's being made by people by an SRPG developer and a RPG developer with experience making SRPGs.

"WHAT IF IT'S NOT AN SRPG???"

Oh you guys. I think we can call this innocent until proven guilty, yeah?

dani_dc

Well, this was the most unexpected announcement of a good while.
I welcome this new title and it jumps right up for one of my most wanted ones.

Now to hope it actually comes out in a a timely manner (if at all) in Europe.

Codeblue

This will probably just be an SRPG like Devil Survivor.

Hopefully Int.Sys. is doing the heavy lifting if that's the case. Didn't like the turnbased combat in ever encounter and it wasn't terribly interesting from a strategy perspective. Chaos Wave + Double Attack + Put all points in strength allowed me to steamroll the game as soon as those skills became available.

I did dig the characters and art though.

MrT-Tar

What are the chances this is the start of a greater Atlus-Nintendo partnership? Personally, I find the thought very interesting.

The theoretical reaction/meltdown of a Nintendo exclusive Persona 5 would be comparable to FFXIII going multiplat.

Top Bottom