• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

casiopao

I wonder who will Juventus pull today for the next UCL lol.^^

All 3 teams is scary for us here.T_T

Edit: I wonder what team would love to face us here. I guess Real and Atletico would love getting Juve there.

Damn. That Ugo Ehiogu news is heartbreaking.

When we used to play Wembley in school or up the park we'd all choose which player we want to be. Often I'd pick Ugo because it's such a fantastic name.

He always came across as one of the good ones in the game.

RocknRola

Nice! We were always going to get one big match in the semis, interesting thats the actual derby :)

I think Atletico have a much better chance this time, since it's two matches, but Real is never an easy team to beat either (and this is their favourite competition too).

Monaco vs Juve should be fun too. Attacking football vs full on master defense! Bring it on, I say! :D

TimmmV

Shame Monaco got Juve, they are probably the team most capable of stopping their attack.

Will be crossing fingers for an Atletico vs Monaco final

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I guess we are set for a Real - Juventus final.

Atletico has been far from their best form this season. And while Real has quite a lot of moments of weakness, I don't think Atletico has what it takes this time.

RocknRola

Whelp, so much for the hopes of a Champions League spot for Man.U lol

Celta on a good day is very hard to beat. Plus Man.U just lost Ibrahimovic too (at the very least for the next few games).

casiopao

Welp really Monaco huh.O_O

Damn i am not that confident now hiks.T_T That lively offence is going to be scary.O_O And the Revenge effect is also another thing to be considered.

Hope Mad Max is able to drill them some sense so they don't get too overconfident.

RocknRola

ajax

lyon i have a bad feeling

Eh, after yesterday I don't think you should fear any of the other teams :p Down 1 man, losing 3-0 already during the extra time and then managing to score 2 goals is nothing to sneeze at for sure. Especially against a good team like Schalke.

Celta was the best draw for united.

Was it? We'll see, but I don't have high hopes for Man.U right now. Would like to see them prove me wrong though :)

Beefy

@FabrizioRomano
Monaco have started talks for Youri Tielemans. He's main target for next season. #transfers #Monaco #Anderlecht

casiopao

Shame its Juventus v Monaco so soon, I was hoping that would be the final. Seriously hope it doesn't end up Juve v Atletico at the end.

Well, at least we won't need to had the chance of seeing another Madrid Derby in final lol.^^

Juventus vs Monaco is going to be so interesting here.

A Mature Defensive focus team vs A young hungry Offensive team focus lol.O_O

I actually rate Monaco to be the team Napoli should strive to be and the fact that we lose our last game again Napoli kinda makes me afraid here.O_O Lets see how well the game will be. Now Juventus focus should be for Genoa match to make sure us hold the 8 point lead and take a revenge for the team which beat our arse last time.^^

DBT85

Just seen the news about Ugo. So sad.

No idea ow I feel about Celta in the Wafer Cup. You don;t get to the last 4 of a cup competition if you're easy to beat. We continue to look like we don't want to concede too many goals though and with Ibra probably out it might hopefully mean Rash gets more time up top to just run past people.

Ibra out for the rest of the season :(

Think that was pretty obvious, considering there's not too much left of the season. Now the question is when will he back... or will he even come back?

Surprised at some Man Utd fans who says this injury might be a blessing in disguise, so Rashford gets to play more. But have you seen how many goals Ibrahimovic scored for you guys this season? Like 20+ right?

DBT85

Think that was pretty obvious, considering there's not too much left of the season. Now the question is when will he back... or will he even come back?

Surprised at some Man Utd fans who says this injury might be a blessing in disguise, so Rashford gets to play more. But have you seen how many goals Ibrahimovic scored for you guys this season? Like 20+ right?

Yeah he was always going to miss the rest of the season I think, the question was always whether it was ACL or not.

Not a blessing as such as he's clearly been hugely influential not just on the pitch but off it this season. He's scored a ton of important goals, but he's also been quite wasteful at times. His shooting accuracy is only 40% compared to Kanes 53% and Lukakus 50%, and hes only converted 14.7% of his shots at goal compared to Kane and Lukakus 25%. He's done supremely well in a team that had Rooney shuffling around the first 11 for 6 months and in his first year in the PL and he was clearly the hero we needed this year, just like RVP in Fergies last season.

I'd rather have him in the team than not expecially with the Wafer Cup to play as well and 3 big games in our run in, but with him out Rashford will almost certainly be the main striker which he's not had the chance to do this year purely because Zlatan has been the first name on the sheet in every game except the Chelsea match. He's also been wasteful, but he's only going to get better.

Wish he wasn't injured, truly. He's been huge in that dressing room and he's been the leader Mou needed on the pitch as there is nobody else out there who can do it.

ACL & PCL

It's over

If the unconfimred reports are true, I'd have to think so.

A Portuguese newspaper is reporting Zlatan is going to announce the end of his career. Weird they would make this shit up. Not that they don't, but bullshit is usually for local news not international ones.

Jarnet87

ESPN reported in an article Zlatan could be out until January, maybe longer. that would line up pretty well with recovering from the injury and then playing in the MLS since they start in March.

Peru

Interesting to see Lyon and Man City tomorrow, could potentially get ugly, best bet for Man City probably to put up the wall.

DBT85

ESPN reported in an article Zlatan could be out until January, maybe longer. that would line up pretty well with recovering from the injury and then playing in the MLS since they start in March.

Do we know who had the option on his second year at United, or if it was just a target he needed to hit?

Top Bottom