• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Team Meat game officially announced: Mew-Genics

Salsa

http://supermeatboy.com/

Well hello there!, it's been a while since we talked... a lot has happened in the past 5 months, one of the biggest being the release of Indie Game: The movie on Steam and Netflix. We have been getting 100s of e-mails about the movie and we really appreciate all the love. It's very very hard to get back to all of you with worthy responses so let me just do a blanket statement here and say Tommy and i both read all the fan mail we get and really do appreciate it, we have just been amazingly busy these days with 2 new games and dont have much time to respond.. so yeah, THANKS ALL OF YOU!

Now on to the announcement.

As some of you know Tommy and i have been working on a new super meat boy for iOS and Pc for the past few months... but a month or so ago we decided to do a little game jam over a weekend and fell into a totally out of left field project we call...
MEW-GENICS!

mnwWq.jpg

Mew-Genics is by far the strangest project I've ever worked on.. and that's saying something. Tommy and i are very happy with how development has been going on it and decided that Mew-Genics will be the next official Team Meat game. We don't want to spoil too much here, but we can say the game will be randomly generated, strange and involve cats.

We are moving quite fast on it and should be able to start talking about platforms, more gameplay details and screen shots soon.

and SMB fans need not worry, the new Super Meat Boy (SMB:TG) is still in dev, just on hold till we squeeze this little kitten out of our loins.

STAY TUNED!

I dont think this is the previous second big game they had been working on, but rather a little project that they got so attached to that they decided to turn into the next big thing.

anyways: HYPE

This is the game worked on for fun along side the "evolution" themed Ludum Dare gamejam.

It is a new Team Meat game, and it only STARTED as a game jam game, Binding of Isaac started similarly.

Salsa

That's the most misleading thread title I've seen in a while.

And if your first line needs to be a clarification, doesn't that make the issue obvious?

And it's for a game jam? ...why's this s thread again?

it's a "jam" game in the sense that it started small, but it became their next big project due to how they liked working on it

why would this not be a thread? I edited out the first line cause I didnt want it to be confusing

Krabboss

And if your first line needs to be a clarification, doesn't that make the issue obvious?

Uh, they came up with the game during a game jam and have continued working on it. I don't know what you're trying to say.

Nabs

Isaac was created in similar fashion.

Axiom

I am very much at a stage of 'Shut up and take my money' with any project Ed McMillen is involved in.

Looking forward to next gen meat.

StuBurns

Banned
So their 'real' next game is a sequel to SMB, and this is just a side project? I love SMB, but I think that's a bit disappointing.

Salsa

So their 'real' next game is a sequel to SMB, and this is just a side project? I love SMB, but I think that's a bit disappointing.

no, SMB: The Game is a new Super Meat Boy for iOS/Android that's also getting ported to PC, and it's very much a "side" project. We dont know what the second big game they were working on is. They might have abandoned it and turned their focus into this, or they might have put it on hold, or maybe this was it all along. Im sure we'll know soon.

They have three officially announced games, this, Super Meat Boy The Game, and Game #2.

SMBTG is a reimagining of SMB, designed for touch screen control (though it should probably also wind up on PC).

Game #2 is I guess the "big" new game, but nothing substantial has been said about it yet. From what I remember, there wasn't a lot of work done on it design-wise for a long time after SMB was finally done (which was like a year after it's release, what with the Mac porting). Tommy was making his new engine that will be the foundation for all their future games.

StuBurns

Banned
They have three officially announced games, this, Super Meat Boy The Game, and Game #2.

SMBTG is a reimagining of SMB, designed for touch screen control (though it should probably also wind up on PC).

Game #2 is I guess the "big" new game, but nothing substantial has been said about it yet. From what I remember, there wasn't a lot of work done on it design-wise for a long time after SMB was finally done (which was like a year after it's release, what with the Mac porting). Tommy was making his new engine that will be the foundation for all their future games.
They specifically say they're working on two games in the OP's quote though.

They specifically say they're working on two games in the OP's quote though.

Well yeah, they're two guys, I doubt they're working on everything they announce all at once (not to mention there's been teases here and there that what is announced isn't everything).

Gomu Gomu

Well, today I learned Team Meat are developing an all new Super Meat Boy game for iOS, which is touch based & not a port. :eek:

Can't wait.

Corto

Considering The Binding of Isaac, I fear for what we will do to the poor cats in this game. ;)

Also, where is the top cat Snuggler? He needs to know about this. hehehe

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Randomly generated? I'm in.

I'm definitely curious because they mentioned that. I thought The Binding of Isaac looked terrible at first. Then I bought it.

Somehow I put 9 hours into that and I've only completed it once.

Kind of disappointed that it's cats. The internet and it's cat obsession is the worst. That said, I'll buy anything Team Meat makes. Meat Boy was amazing.

Top Bottom