• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Romania press release hints at a new Siren game for PS4

nampad

The press release: http://ro.playstation.com/news-and-features/ps4announsero/index.html

Via ReNeGaDe124:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I cannot make a new one because I'm a junior.

Sony Romania made a press release today regarding the launch of the PS4 in my country. Among those details they mention that a new Siren game is in development: http://ro.playstation.com/news-and-features/ps4announsero/index.html

Here is the translated text that mentions it:

Sony Computer Entertainment studios from all around the world are developing over 30 titles and among them are games like InFamous™: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Siren, Hell Divers, Shadow of the Beast and Everybody’s Gone to The Rapture.

Please Sony do it!

Siren was one of the greatest horror games last gen, in fact the only ones that were better were PC /Mac indie horrors like Amneshia.

A PS4 Siren would probably be pure nightmare fuel though and I don't know quite how intact my sanity would remain after playing through it.

Replicant

OMG OMG This is the true megaton for me if true. No one can make horror like Keiichi Toyama, the father of Silent Hill and Siren.

Could this be Bend's game? Shu did say their game would make us panic...

Unlikely. I would think a Sony Japan team would be working on this, maybe even the original team after they finish up Gravity Rush 2.

Crash Bandicoot is thought to potentially be Bend's game.

synce

Interesting... hopefully this one drops the TV show nonsense, it completely broke the immersion for me

Paracelsus

Sony should have thrown a few bucks at Konami to get Silent Hill for one entry and give it entirely to Team Siren.

"Play 1-3, then make your own imagining of the series".

Could work... survival horror for next gen is pretty much an open goal right now. No competition anywhere... unless you want to call Evil Within survival horror I guess (I wouldn't).

Hope this is true.

Laranja

Sony should have thrown a few bucks at Konami to get Silent Hill for one entry and give it entirely to Team Siren.

I know it'd never happen, but this.

Anyway, I'm not sure if a PS4 Siren game would be my cup of tea. Blood Curse has been on my backlog for a long time, but I don't really feel compelled to play it.

The creator of Silent Hill currently leads the Siren team (Toyama). So he'd have a pretty good idea of what to do with the series, but I don't think that'd ever happen. Sony doesn't seem to want to put their developers on series that they don't own. Which is very smart after what happened with Crash and Spyro.

Top Bottom