• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

RoninChaos said:
I can't browse everything at work, but some of this work is stunning. I saw some people mention office depot for printing. Is there a specific type of paper I should ask for? What's the dimensions for xbox 360 and ps3 game cases? Average cost per print?

Also, does anybody know where I could get some spare xbox 360 cases? A few of mine are broken.
Thanks for the replies on the cases. Any suggestions for paper or dimensions? Average cost per print, etc?

Slayer-33 said:
Damn son

Has anyone printed this stuff themselves and gotten pro results? What kind of paper etc?
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to get pro results rather than having it look amateur. The art that the people in this thread have come up with is amazing, so I'd like to print it out in a way that will reflect that.

demosthenes said:
Same cover but on PS3?

And can we get some Devil May Cry HD Trilogy attempts :D?

I assume you are talking to me, but even if you aren't here is a PS3 version in case someone wants it!

I had to shift some things around to make it fit the PS3 case. Again, I can make adjustments if desired!

Throavium said:
I have, but it's not minimalistic, pardon me.

ibSxADp6rLZM9.png

Download link here: http://i.minus.com/iHlWvrqYmlcWl.jpg?q=0.76485703348

Thank you sir. :)

Ghost Lynx said:
I assume you are talking to me, but even if you aren't here is a PS3 version in case someone wants it!

I had to shift some things around to make it fit the PS3 case. Again, I can make adjustments if desired!
Gorgeous! I'm going to ask you the same thing I asked someone else: care to do one for Resident Evil 5? There are none!

Throavium said:
I have, but it's not minimalistic, pardon me.

http://i.minus.com/ibSxADp6rLZM9.png[IMG]

Download link here: [url]http://i.minus.com/iHlWvrqYmlcWl.jpg?q=0.76485703348[/url][/QUOTE]
PS3 and PC...? This one looks great, very reminiscent of AA's title screen. I love it.

AuthenticM said:
Gorgeous! I'm going to ask you the same thing I asked someone else: care to do one for Resident Evil 5? There are none!
Hard to believe no one has made any for RE5. Here a couple I just threw together.

RedSwirl

Ghost Lynx said:
Hard to believe no one has made any for RE5. Here a couple I just threw together.

I tried man, I really did. Mind telling me where you got that logo from? I wasn't even ever able to find a good logo art.

I was gonna use the front cover art from the Japanese version but couldn't find a clean print of it.

Blackheim

Alright, so I've decided to create my own cover for Gundam Crossfire. This is what I've got so far and would welcome comments or suggestions if someone thinks it could be better:

syndb.png

jh0E0LKY8vUp8.png

AuthenticM said:
SWEET! Thanks a lot! I don't want to sound too demanding, but how about one where Wesker is the central element of the cover?

It was difficult to find a decent high res image of Wesker. The pickings were slim! :)

Not the most exciting, sorry.

RedSwirl said:
I tried man, I really did. Mind telling me where you got that logo from? I wasn't even ever able to find a good logo art.

I was gonna use the front cover art from the Japanese version but couldn't find a clean print of it.

Here are the logos I used:
Logo (high res)

high res w/alpha

Hopefully this helps!

Wonko_C

OK I'm a lousy Forza Motorsport 4 photographer, still I wanted to share these two. The first one is frankly the laziest one, I didn't even bother to put the logo since the watermark is already there. :p
Y7xAn.png

Download Link

The second one took a little more effort. I don't know where did I copy the "split frame" idea from but I wanted to take a stab at it.
dGQnG.png

Download Link

I'm not too happy about them, I could've chosen a better color but I don't want to spend another hour uploading then downloading the two bigshots needed from forzamotorsport.net again, I want to actually play the game sometimes also, LOL.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreweyes said:
Might make a Professor Layton London Life cover. :)

Any word on the contest so far for the best covers?
I was gonna enter but then I saw those Dark Souls covers and realized there's no possible way I could win, lol. First, second and third place with those I think.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Has anyone printed a boxart?!

I just attempted to print one and it looks DULL :(

I got the dimensions right and all but damn.. I havent chosen the "vivid color" option on the printer, might try that next to see if that fixes the problem.. Ugh I have the right paper.. Because the paper looks exactly like the one used in game covers...

My printer is a Canon Pixma 882

-edit please tell me that I need it to DRY over a certain amount of hours (I think I heard it needs to) because this shit looks dull... Ugh.. I printed a photo on photo paper and it looks professional but not my box art..

The paper I used is called brochure paper by HP

Glossy, 40lb, 150g g/m squared (2)

It's laser paper not inkjet but I read reviews saying people used it on inkjet.. My printer is inkjet :|

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AKRJSQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Jeseus

i am searching for the original cover for BF3 Limited Edition on PS3 (front+back) because mine is damaged ... anyone please ?

I'm going to make an attempt to put out the three Uncharted game covers but with matching spines.

Of course if someone else wants to do that, who already has good materials... that would be great too. I would like it though if they had the actual official black bars that are on the top of the covers, as I think that they look kinda cheap otherwise once you actually print them.

I know that's a popular thing here, but I honestly don't care much for them without the black bar.

Top Bottom