• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Power issue 217 reviews/info(Mario Party 8)

Haven't seen this posted yet, so lock if old...yada yada yada....

-Info on Raving Rabbids 2..one minigame uses the wiimote ala a cell phone in a movie theater and you have to put the phone down real quick when the ushers come by. Then you text the other rabbids to get them busted. Another had you using the waiter pose from WarioWare and balance a sammich and delivering it to the "Rabbid Godfather" without dropping it. A couple screens are shown, looks about the same graphically as the first game.

-Says the Geometry Wars will be a Wii-exclusive and will be a full fledged game with an extensive single player campaign.

-Says on 5-22(tomorrow) smashbro.com will go live and have a daily blog update from director Sakurai himself on the titles progress and other topices. They make a lame attempt at humor saying he will reveal Fabio as a newcomer....

-Says will have exclusive info on Soul Calibur Legends next month.

Cover Story is the Resident Evil games with a first look at UC. Also says the PS2 exclusive parts from RE4 are not straight ports but are redone with the Gamecube engine allowing for better lighting and textures. Hopefully that will put the debate to rest...

-Has a preview for Madden 08 featuring online showing a screenshot showing a lobby, leaderbords, and my profile. One screen looks to have some sort of Mii usage, I'm guessing avatar-only.

Reviews:
Mario Party 8--7.5
Mortal Kombat--8.0
Pirates otC--4.5
Spiderman3--6.0

Next month Big Brain Wii,Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur, and Sqeenix party info

EDIT--Forgot to mention there is also a preview of some of the various mini-games of Mario Party 8. Many are similarly controlled ala WarioWare. The is also a mode called "Extras Zone" minigames 8 in total, 4 unlockable. They show 4 of them being similar to wii-bowling, a table tennis game they say controlls like wii tennis, a moded racing game, and something called variety pack. This seems to be random puzzle games. Also in this mode you can use Mii's instead of Mario characters.

Eteric Rice

Silent_Echo said:

Cover Story is the Resident Evil games with a first look at UC. Also says the PS2 exclusive parts from RE4 are not straight ports but are redone with the Gamecube engine allowing for better lighting and textures. Hopefully that will put the debate to rest...

YES YES YES.

Firestorm said:
Geometry Wars wat?

And I'm already drooling at the daily updates from Sakurai.

Wii is getting Geometry Wars Galaxies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
and this is why I cancelled NP, because someone posts all the info in the magazine two weeks beforehand here on GAF.

oh, and

Mario Party 8--7.5

LOL BIASED!

ant1532

Banned
Says on 5-22(tomorrow) smashbro.com will go live and have a daily blog update from director Sakurai himself on the titles progress and other topices. They make a lame attempt at humor saying he will reveal Fabio as a newcomer....

I hope something more is revealed in the site redesign...

DMczaf

-Has a preview for Madden 08 featuring online showing a screenshot showing a lobby, leaderbords, and my profile. One screen looks to have some sort of Mii usage, I'm guessing avatar-only.

Nice

TrueReligion said:
Terrible magazine.

If you read it, that makes you an idiot for reading something you think is terrible.

If you don't read it, that makes you an idiot for calling a magazine you don't read terrible.

Your call.

Silent_Echo said:
-Info on Raving Rabbids 2..one minigame uses the wiimote ala a cell phone in a movie theater and you have to put the phone down real quick when the ushers come by. Then you text the other rabbids to get them busted. Another had you using the waiter pose from WarioWare and balance a sammich and delivering it to the "Rabbid Godfather" without dropping it. A couple screens are shown, looks about the same graphically as the first game.

:lol

YES. YES.

RBH

Wow, very nice surprise.

Silent_Echo said:
July Issue

:(

And their redesign was pretty nice, too... sure because of the internet (and some other factors) it can never be the early '90s NP again, but still, it shouldn't be canceled. :(

I've always thought that it was great that Nintendo had its own in-house magazine... and more independent than Sierra's old InterAction, too. :)

TrueReligion said:
I'm sorry, but the aside from the RE info, this month's issue is terrible. If you don't agree with me, I don't really care.

Are you basing that off of this thread, or do you have the magazine. If the former, then you are sad.

NP is a good kids magazine. When I was young I really liked it, I hope when they remodel it they make it a little better for the adult Nintendo fan.

Is this the first of many exclusive franchises that will be lost from the 360 for the Wii?

Or is Bizarre simply hoping that people will pay $30-50 for an XBLA game?

TrueReligion said:
I'm sorry, but the aside from the RE info, this month's issue is terrible. If you don't agree with me, I don't really care.
1badass8zz7hx.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ada Missions is redone with GameCube assets? Now this IS a sweet up-port.

And still budget price?
All they have to do is tell me they confirmed some additions to Mercenaries mode (since I know they didnt add any in-game content) and this is a sure-fire purchase.

TrueReligion said:

Strike Two. Is it three strikes and your banned? I forgot.

I hope the smash site has more than just a blog added.

cartman414 said:
Any VC schedule for the coming month? (Not that it'll be very accurate.)

Yes, though some may already be out(I'm not in a wi-fi/high speed area):

Paper Mario-N64
Battle Lode Runner-T16
Mighty Bomb Jack-NES
Ninja Spirit-T16
Ordyne-T16
ToeJam&Earl Panic on Funkotron-Genesis
Virtua Fighter 2-Genesis
Final Fight-SNES
Pac-Man-NES
Punch Out-NES
Shockman-T16
Streets of Rage 2-Genesis
Wonder Boy in Monster World-Genesis

TrueReligion said:
Terrible magazine.

True, its only for us Ntards who like games like RE4 or Rayman. Anyway, some cool news in there. Nice to hear Paper Mario is coming out soon. News to me at least.

Ashodin

Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64Paper Mario-N64

FROTHING DEMAND

Edit if I may: Paper Mario seems to be the only one on that list not out yet. NEXT WEEK CONFIRMED?

Haunted

Silent_Echo said:
The is also a mode called "Extras Zone" minigames 8 in total, 4 unlockable. They show 4 of them being similar to wii-bowling, a table tennis game they say controlls like wii tennis, a moded racing game, and something called variety pack. This seems to be random puzzle games. Also in this mode you can use Mii's instead of Mario characters.
:D :D GOTY

Silent_Echo said:
Yes, though some may already be out(I'm not in a wi-fi/high speed area):

Paper Mario-N64
yay! 1 of the 5 games I'd buy points for is coming to the VC!

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Silent_Echo said:
-Says the Geometry Wars will be a Wii-exclusive and will be a full fledged game with an extensive single player campaign.
Geometry Wars - You can't play this on Xbox360

Meesh

Pirates otC--4.5

I don't know what's worse, me for believeing a movie to game tie in would be good, or that pittiful score...

...I was hoping it would do better. I really am a naive :(

Silent_Echo said:
Haven't seen this posted yet, so lock if old...yada yada yada....

-Says on 5-22(tomorrow) smashbro.com will go live and have a daily blog update from director Sakurai himself on the titles progress and other topices. They make a lame attempt at humor saying he will reveal Fabio as a newcomer....

Reviews:
Mario Party 8--7.5
Mortal Kombat--8.0
Pirates otC--4.5
Spiderman3--6.0

Next month Big Brain Wii,Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur, and Sqeenix party info

EDIT--Forgot to mention there is also a preview of some of the various mini-games of Mario Party 8. Many are similarly controlled ala WarioWare. The is also a mode called "Extras Zone" minigames 8 in total, 4 unlockable. They show 4 of them being similar to wii-bowling, a table tennis game they say controlls like wii tennis, a moded racing game, and something called variety pack. This seems to be random puzzle games. Also in this mode you can use Mii's instead of Mario characters.

Could you comment on Madden visuals, please?

Innotech

Banned
the last Nintendo Power issue I bought was the niGHTS JOD cover. Previously, I think the only one I bought was one of the post-E3 pre-launch issues for information. Its not a magazine I hate or anything and Im kinda sad to see it go after so many years.

Im definitely getting Mario party 8 though. Having enjoyed 6 and 7 immensely with my friends, Im looking forward to it. My roomate, well she practically worships Mario Party and would raid nintendo HQ if it were delayed again.

Rlan

Evilink said:
Pirates otC--4.5

I don't know what's worse, me for believeing a movie to game tie in would be good, or that pittiful score...

...I was hoping it would do better. I really am a naive :(

I downloaded the Xbox 360 demo. It felt like I was playing a really bad PSX game with some gloss.

MiamiWesker said:
So any new info on RE: UC cause that would be kind of important.

I only gave it a quick skim over, but I didn't see anything we didn't already know. Says there are only 2 weapons as of right now, a pistol and a shotgun. They said they would be adding grenades and the like, but were unsure about other firearms. Though I really can't see them only having the 2. Says there will not be any "hidden" branching paths, they will all be obvious when you come to them. The fire button is mapped to the "A" button, but they say it becomes second nature very quickly. Almost everything is destructible and the fountain statue from the Mansion can be destroyed for hidden power ups inside.

As for Madden visuals, they looked about the same as 07. Maybe a tad better.

Top Bottom