• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Avril Lavigne video. 'Heres To Never Growing Up'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

She's ageless and looks amazing *.*

How many pop stars can use the same clothes from 10 years ago?
outside of Beyoncé

The video is not that great but when she came out wearing the Complicated clothes I died
8zdXc.gif

247008_10152782761590023_730349124_n.jpg

Brunette Avril is the superior Avril.
you did not lie.

Raptor

You are not 20 anymore Avril, time for a change of singing style and maybe do a little more mature voice.

besada

Banned
There's something mildly creepy about hearing a nearly thirty year old woman obsessing on the wonders of being in high school.

Pagusas

Elden Member
It's like all of her songs fantasize about not having any responsibility or accountability

to be fair, its better than singing about how terrible your ex-bf was all the time. And honestly, to live a few weeks/months without any responsibility or accountability would be amazing, though a true unrealistic fantasy. So I can understand the fun of it.

Bob White

How the fuck do you sing Radiohead at the top of your lungs?

Fuck this fucking bitch for name dropping a good band to try and gain some credibility. Seriously, if you like Radiohead, you would LAUGH at the fact at marrying that fucking tool from Nickleback. Such a fake and shallow piece of shit peddling this fucking poison top 40 bullshit.

Gah...if you're going to make shit music, keep good bands out of your fucking mouth/lyrics. Oh, and FUCK Cello or whatever his name is for fucking changing the lyrics to "Imagine" by Lennon to "Imagine if all religions were real". Fuck you!

...welp, maybe this shouldn't have been the first thread to click on this morning.

SaintZ

Fuck this fucking bitch for name dropping a good band to try and gain some credibility. Seriously, if you like Radiohead, you would LAUGH at the fact at marrying that fucking tool from Nickleback. Such a fake and shallow piece of shit peddling this fucking poison top 40 bullshit.

Gah...if you're going to make shit music, keep good bands out of your fucking mouth/lyrics.
...welp, maybe this shouldn't have been the first thread to click on this morning.
She's a fucking bitch because she names a band she actually likes in her song? OK.

I miss her genie in a bottle days
NO.

Also wtf, how many people here have listened to more than maybe 3 Avril songs though? The song is just about having fun and being young at heart. I guess people in their late 20s are not allowed to drink or have fun anymore. I'm fucked then. :(

Trigger

Also wtf, how many people here have listened to more than maybe 3 Avril songs though? The song is just about having fun and being young at heart. I guess people in their late 20s are not allowed to drink or have fun anymore. I'm fucked then. :(

Sis you should've known what to expect before you entered this thread.

Dishwalla

Banned

Gah...if you're going to make shit music, keep good bands out of your fucking mouth/lyrics. Oh, and FUCK Cello or whatever his name is for fucking changing the lyrics to "Imagine" by Lennon to "Imagine if all religions were real". Fuck you!

Katy Perry named dropped Radiohead in one of her recent songs(something about listening to Radiohead in the back of a Mustang). Did that just break your heart?

Maybe it's the new trend, pop acts think they are cool because they reference a "deep" artist like Radiohead(kinda like the Mick Jagger trend from a few years back).

Tuck

"What the Hell" was a really good song that she released a year or two ago. But I didn't like the rest of that album. Not a fan of this song, but hopefully she releases at least one really catchy song that I like on her next album.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
to be fair, its better than singing about how terrible your ex-bf was all the time. And honestly, to live a few weeks/months without any responsibility or accountability would be amazing, though a true unrealistic fantasy. So I can understand the fun of it.

I got the impression from Deryck Whibley that she was a pretty awful significant other herself' apparently she was running around on the guy.

Bob White

I could be very wrong but, I'm just adding things about her up in my mind. Looking at the songs she sings, her fake high school punk/pop "tough" image, who she's married to, and how old she is, name dropping Radiohead isn't just some "this will be a nice lyric". No, It was a calculated commercial strike by her and her team. It all screams fake "my act in legitimate. i'm a pop rebel who listens out side the box". Basically, she's using Radiohead to propel her bullshit image.

Fuck this bitch (and her writing team).

Amory

SaintZ said:

I've always loved Avril, both her music and just...her.

She was one of my first celebrity crushes when I was a kid. And I think this song is great :)

Nemesis_

.....because ALL OF THE SUCCESS THIS SONG HAS will be attributed to that first line.

Calm yourself.

ibeZbP4QHvIMnX.gif

Bob White

Katy Perry named dropped Radiohead in one of her recent songs(something about listening to Radiohead in the back of a Mustang). Did that just break your heart?

Maybe it's the new trend, pop acts think they are cool because they reference a "deep" artist like Radiohead(kinda like the Mick Jagger trend from a few years back).

Fuck, didn't know this. Fuck her too then. And you're right, the reference of "deep" artist is such a transparent "my music tastes are good, so my music is good" tactic.

Also, this shows me how Avril's name dropping is even more bullshit than I thought. Unless she taking the piss out of Perry and the whole industry, she's using Radiohead not only to pass the "music credibility" test, but she's using them because she and her team saw some OTHER pop act name drop them.

Come on! This wanton manipulation doesn't make people mad?

Slizz

I could be very wrong but, I'm just adding things about her up in my mind. Looking at the songs she sings, her fake high school punk/pop "tough" image, who she's married to, and how old she is, name dropping Radiohead isn't just some "this will be a nice lyric". No, It was a calculated commercial strike by her and her team. It all screams fake "my act in legitimate. i'm a pop rebel who listens out side the box". Basically, she's using Radiohead to propel her bullshit image.

Fuck this bitch (and her writing team).

Gotta be honest if you didn't bring it up I wouldn't have noticed the lyric or much less cared at all.

She looks the same as 10 years ago its crazy, still tiny and hot.

zychi

Banned
Way too autotuned, sounds like the dude who autotunes Kesha did too much on Avril.

Song sounds like something from her first album, too "early 2000s"

BTW shes basically 30 and singing in a high school prom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom