• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGDA (not) stepping up to possibly remove Tim Langdell from board

Check out the comments:
http://www.gamerbeef.com/article2474.html

http://twitter.com/carltonholder

Email to one of the concerned members:

Re: Researching Tim Langdell Re: Researching Tim Langdell
Hi Brian,

I would be glad to give you whatever info I can. Tim Langdell is a very fraudulent person. He is trying to claim rights to my project. I am not in business with him. I am not a partner of his and he has nothing to do with my project Teenage Wasteland. I was talking to him early on about having him do the game, but I quickly realized he did not have the capability of doing a game and his past is steeped in suspicious activity and shady business dealings. I have asked him to take my show off his site. He refuses. He is keeping it on there because he thinks if I have a pending deal with a Hollywood company (I am a Hollywood writer) they will see his site and he can try to claim rights. What he does not realize is he is infringing on my copyright and will face a severe copyright infringement suit. The guy is a creep and a coward (He won't even pick up the phone when I call). He thinks he can strong arm me, but he does not have any idea of the people I deal with.

I have also asked the people at GameBeefer to take down their posting, but they will not respond to me.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This was the e-mail the IGDA sent out today:

Dear IGDA Members,

As many of you are aware, the IGDA website was recently exploited to send emails to members. This use of private data occurred in the context of a group's efforts to gain signatures for a petition. The day after the exploit we received the petition with signatures. The method used to gain these signatures has complicated an already complex situation. We have heard from those who feel they were justified in taking such measures, those who are concerned their privacy was violated, and many other perspectives, opinions, and concerns.

The debate over the issues at hand has had a negative impact on the association, and our ability to move forward on member programs and initiatives. Rather than continue a public and internal discourse on the circumstances and validity of the petition, Bob Bates and I have decided that the least damaging approach for the organization is to call a special membership meeting, as the co-Chairs may do as per the by-laws.

Since the IGDA does not yet have a policy for how to hold special membership meetings, at our Aug 5th meeting the Board chartered a Task Force comprised of IGDA Board members Tom Buscaglia and Coray Seifert, and at large members Darius Kazemi, Dustin Clingman and Brian Robbins, with the Executive Director acting in an advisory role to the Taskforce. The Taskforce will evaluate and recommend a policy regarding the methodology and procedures for holding special meetings of the membership of the IGDA, that serves the intent of the by-laws.

Once this course of action is established, it will be possible to fix the other details of the meeting, which needs to occur at least 35 days after the date is announced. We all share the goals of a fair and professional process that can let our organization move beyond this controversy, and I appreciate your patience as we work out the details.

Thank you,
Tobi Saulnier
Co-Chair
IGDA

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The IGDA seems to have more of a hardon for the mechanics of running an organisation that serving and protecting it's members.

Talk about missing the elephant in the room ...

jstevenson said:
This was the e-mail the IGDA sent out today:

Seriously? This is an organisation people actually give money to for some reason? I mean...wow. They don't have a way to call "special meetings" so theyve constructed a SPECIAL TASKFORCE to devise some ingenious way in which to contact members (hey, seems your other members figured out a way just recently!!) to be in the same place and time at once, and then after that it will be 35 days until this BRAND NEW WAY of real-time meeting to do things can proceed and move forward doing...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
typical petty bureaucracy crap

I can't wait for the report from the special subcommittee report on committee procedures commissioned by the standing committee on organization by-law enforcement! After that, they can select members for a recommendation subcommittee to discuss the viability of coming up with a recommendation report to discuss the question of whether or not the IGDA should address the stated issue.

Dear White People in Suits,
Go to a pub, order some burgers, put down the Roberts Rules of Order, do your jobs. Right now you look like a university chess club trying to figure out what to do about the treasurer kissing the member-at-large at the club bowling social.

The amount of effort that goes into writing constitutions and bylaws and guidelines for mid-tier organizations far exceeds the amount of effort it'd take to come to an ad hoc consensus every time an actual controversy arises.

Just pitiful.

scy

They need an edgy name for this special taskforce.

I really do feel sorry for the people who give money to the IGDA with the way it's currently "handling" things.

Slavik81

Relaxed Muscle said:
What a joke of a organization.

Videogames it's still in baby steps in regard a lot of things.
What? A crippled bureaucracy obsessed with procedure is a sign of industry maturity, not of youth.

edgefusion

Can we not just do away with this whole IGDA thing, Tim Langdell included? It doesn't sound like they're a particularly useful or effective organisation. They can't (or won't) protect their own members and even seem unable to call a meeting. Just what is the point of such a thing?

Top Bottom