• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Horseress

You know what that icon means.

thumb_8_80bee3a9353ea21a167c42eb24367bcc.png

Yeah, and it's not steam....

The Tekken 7 page on steam still says "early 2017", weird

Pachimari

They need to tell us what the exclusive PlayStation mode is. It's probably VR. And show us the figurine. And tell us what two pre-order characters we are getting.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jesus, the console-exclusive content rivals SFxT, it's so lopsided towards Playstation.

My guess is Sony has some exclusive deal or something. Or maybe Harada and Namco Bandai are just partial to PS since its the default home of Tekken.

We'll never know, but it is a shame that all users miss out in some way.

Alchemist

Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release. I definitely appreciate the apology given, though.

Hahaha. How does this even cross y'all minds.

Yudoken

My guess is Sony has some exclusive deal or something. Or maybe Harada and Namco Bandai are just partial to PS since its the default home of Tekken.

Don't they also have a exclusive vr mode?

Man, this is unfair.

We pay the same and get less.

Wanna grab it on PC but i guess most multiplayer will be on PS4?
What about cross-platform?

Doesn't look to promising, they're considered it but had some false ideas why it couldn't maybe work.

And the ladt statements are a few months ago.

They're pretty quite about the game.

weekev

Banned
Nowhere , but does it strike you a bit obvious or at least weird that literally nothing UE4 is announced on switch , besides a teased megaten ? It's not a door shut tight , but unlikely imo

At the risk of derailing the thread SMTV is confirmed to be on UE4.

On topic, Im glad they are waiting and getting the game ready rather than having another SFV situation where launch essentially feels like a soft launch due to the lack of features.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Don't they also have a exclusive vr mode?

Man, this is unfair.

We pay the same and get less.

Now that i think about it, 360 didn't even get Tekken Hybrid, the HD 1080p/60fps remaster of Tekken Tag Tournament 1 bundled with the Tekken Tag 2 demo with exclusive Tekken Bloodline Rebellion costumes, along with the full movie itself on one disc.

Tekken is arguably my favourite gaming series. I absolutely love it.

However...... This game will be nearly 2 years old by the time it releases on consoles....

Yer I went to New York in July 2015 and played Tekken 7 in an arcade then. I'm used to a 1 year delay between arcade and console for Arcsys games but 2+ years for Tekken is odd.

Malice215

I don't know why people are thinking that Tekken won't be at EVO, They wouldn't have gone through the effort to include the arcade version just to not have the first major console tournament for the game that everyone is going to be watching. June 2 is plenty of time.

I want the PC version, but PS4 is getting all the good stuff. :-/

Yer I went to New York in July 2015 and played Tekken 7 in an arcade then. I'm used to a 1 year delay between arcade and console for Arcsys games but 2+ years for Tekken is odd.

Tekken 6 was the same, November 2007 -> October 2009
TAG 2 was a big exception as it came out a year from the arcade release :p

novabolt

I'm so ready for this, T7 arriving in June. Life couldn't be so wonderful right now. I also like that Namco is going all out with the XB and PS4 versions.

You know what that icon means.

thumb_8_80bee3a9353ea21a167c42eb24367bcc.png

I think Namco was just trolling us or maybe a W10 store version with cross-play is incoming?

Neoxon

The release date seems to be barely in time for EVO. But seeing as they used the arcade version for the last 2 years, the console release date was likely irrelevant either way.

J-Skee

I think I'm more hyped about Jukebox mode than anything else. Glad they're bringing that back from Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Wish Street Fighter V would do the same.

Wagram

That box art is dope! June isn't so bad though. They understand the importance of not repeating Street Fighter V's failures.

Jesus, the console-exclusive content rivals SFxT, it's so lopsided towards Playstation.

They need to tell us what the exclusive PlayStation mode is. It's probably VR. And show us the figurine. And tell us what two pre-order characters we are getting.

huh? the Ps4 exclusive content doesn't look like that much, just a couple of extra costumes

and the VR stuff but that's only because for now Ps4 is the only console with VR, and obviously most Ps4 owners don't have VR so most people buying this game won't enjoy that dlc

Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised.
Third parties ignoring a Nintendo platform is surprising?

However...... This game will be nearly 2 years old by the time it releases on consoles....
This is the part that hurts. The West gets treated like crap and gets scraps well after the fact. I wanted this game two years ago... Now it's finally coming out but it's still not complete and has that season pass crap. It's incredibly frustrating to try and be a fan.

Top Bottom