• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atsushi Inaba annoyed on twitter, tells people truth about Revengeance clear-time

https://twitter.com/PG_inaba

About to post some important tweets, so please pay attention. It seems someone posted their MGR results screen and that people (mainly in the West) are shocked it says the clear time is 5.5hr. Here's the truth: First of all, cutscenes ARE NOT INCLUDED in that counter.Next: For every chapter you play in the game, it ONLY COUNTS YOUR FASTEST TIME. It doesn't track your total play time.What that means is if you replay a chapter for 10 hours, but you finally clear it in a time of 10 mins. Only 10 mins will be counted.
So please don't get fixated on that end screen Clear Time being total game time because it is not. As I said, it is not how long you've had the power on playing MGR, it is a record of your best efforts playing the game. We came up with this clear time counting system as a way to fairly evaluate players. It hasn't changed since Bayonetta. However, I will say it is really disappointing that people try to use a single screen in the game to try and create negative buzz.

Inaba dropping truth bombs.

(Thread title is a reference to the Kamiya thread...)

Mechazawa

I'm sorry Papa Inaba, I contributed to this. :(

But at least we more or less cleared up, on this forum anyways, that the timer probably wasn't accurate.

DaBoss

If IT IS a good game, then so it should be fine. Though there is always something gamers have to complain about. :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I didn't know people were complaining about it to begin with. These type of games are never that long, what are we whining about here?

Unless there's no replayablity, which I'd be very surprised

Multiply that 5 hours by at least two, because there's no way I'm just gonna play through this thing the once if that demo is anything to go by.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Multiply that 5 hours by at least two, because there's no way I'm just gonna play through this thing the once if that demo is anything to go by.

Seriously. I played through the demo seven times and had to delete it to keep from going back for more. It's an old build too so it's not even as polished as the final game will be. I cannot wait for this. Even if five hours was accurate, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

rvy

Banned
Uh oh...

So 5 hour gameplay, 10 hour CG... Yep it's a MGS game alright.

KuGsj.gif

Wrong on all accounts. And Rising not being an MGS game is great.

Reiko

Banned
Wow. PG actually made a full on MG game. Even in total play time.

The longest MG I own is actually Peace Walker...

blind51de

Banned
Is kneejerk spazzing over people's opinions on clear-time some sort of defense measure if you think your gameplay is bad and won't stand up to multiple playthroughs?

Because MGS2 was short as hell. But I replayed at at least ten times over because I loved the gameplay. Then again, most people at the time were complaining about Raiden. Look where we are now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yea 5 hours without cut-scenes.

It doesn't count deaths and retries either. Say you die on a section twice but the first time you played for 10 minutes and the second was 5. Despite you having played for 15 minutes, it'll only count the five. It'll only keep track of your fastest completion time for a section.

2San

Put me in the camp that doesn't understand what the fuss is about. That seems about the expected length.

It really has to suck for developers, having to deal with bullshit "controversy" like this. Just look at the idiots in this very thread that seem to have trouble reading.

Ixion090

Meh, I don't care if it's short. I have had more fun with games like MGS or Portal 1 and 2 than with long games like Skyrim. So it's more about the quality, not the quantity. In other words, you better give me a good game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I remember being really confused when I played Madworld and it said my completion time was 3.5 hours, even though I knew I had played significantly longer than that. Seems like this is the same kind of counter.

Top Bottom