• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Kyolux

Coping this over to new thread

Just over a month with PSVR - I'm selling it I think, it's neat but it's got too many cables and my room isn't set up for it be out in the open.

I got this fantastic text message today:

These are the usual kijiji/craigslist spam scams.

Got tons of these when I was selling my car 3 years ago.

farisr

99.999999% a scam, but just in case, just reply with, I only take crash or interac payments in the extremely small chance this is some dude who actually doesn't know that paypal is used in scamming people and was just using it for convenience.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Has Amazon just given up on shipping any order you make within a week? It's fucking ridiculous with them lately.

Ventara

Guys, any recommendation for headphones and messenger bags? The current ones I'm using are falling apart and I need new ones. I'd like the messenger bag to be somewhat roomy with a water bottle pocket on the outside, and the headphones need to be closed with detachable audio cable. I'd like to keep them both under $100, but if it comes highly recommended, willing to spend a little more.

MrNineties

Guys, any recommendation for headphones and messenger bags? The current ones I'm using are falling apart and I need new ones. I'd like the messenger bag to be somewhat roomy with a water bottle pocket on the outside, and the headphones need to be closed with detachable audio cable. I'd like to keep them both under $100, but if it comes highly recommended, willing to spend a little more.

ATH-M50x paired with a Mission Workshop 21L Black Camo Monty

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Its 100% a scam, the most popular kind on kijiji.

Heck I remember selling a PS3 like 8 years ago and getting that "I really want to buy this for my son and will give youe extra for shipping" bs.

A friend sold his 3DS last year and got the same shit. Dont even waste your time.

Ventara

ATH-M50x paired with a Mission Workshop 21L Black Camo Monty

Those headphones, though a little on the higher side for me, look solid enough. Will look into them more. The bag is a bit too expensive though (though I didn't look past the website for it; couldn't find it on Amazon), and it doesn't have a water bottle pocket on the outside (I keep my umbrella there for easy storage when it rains). Thanks!

MrNineties

Those headphones, though a little on the higher side for me, look solid enough. Will look into them more. The bag is a bit too expensive though (though I didn't look past the website for it; couldn't find it on Amazon), and it doesn't have a water bottle pocket on the outside (I keep my umbrella there for easy storage when it rains). Thanks!

I thought you might come back on those points (re: messenger) but do some youtubing. super super solid bag, and it's quick access buckles mean it's still easy to grab the brellie in a hurry. Worth every penny imho.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Per @WalmartCanada

"Customers who successfully placed orders can expect to receive their Super NES in 3-10 days."

Orders with backorder notification: "Unfortunately, the customers who receive backorder notifications were not successful in placing the orders in time."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why am I always the one to get the old thread locked? Firestorm do your job and contact a mod as soon as you make the new thread next time. Do your job!

Needham

Per @WalmartCanada

"Customers who successfully placed orders can expect to receive their Super NES in 3-10 days."

Orders with backorder notification: "Unfortunately, the customers who receive backorder notifications were not successful in placing the orders in time."
My Walmart order just updated to shipped. They didn't forget about me.

Vamphuntr

Has Amazon just given up on shipping any order you make within a week? It's fucking ridiculous with them lately.

Huh? I ordered books during the B3G1 and they've shipped during the weekend and will be here tomorrow. Received my SNES classic today that I ordered friday. And Culdcept shipped today and should be here tomorrow.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? I ordered books during the B3G1 and they've shipped during the weekend and will be here tomorrow. Received my SNES classic today that I ordered friday. And Culdcept shipped today and should be here tomorrow.
No shipping notice for my Culdcept. Says I’ll get it Oct 11-16 😒

Madness

Is there any scam free way to get funds that they cannot renege? I would think even Interac isn't safe? Even my friend selling his truck got these scam messages. I will pay double for boat shipping and customs duty costs blah blah etc.

Considering getting Layton's Mystery Journey Katrielle and the Millionaires for the pre-order discount because it doesn't seem like the kind of game that will drop in price, actually I could see it running out of print before not too long, but on the other hand my video game spending was crazy in the past month.

kevin1025

Banned
Per @WalmartCanada

Mine's been sitting in an Amazon warehouse, and I've been told twice now that Intelcom has missed their pick-up of it two days in a row. And yet on the tracking shipment part of the order, it says it's in transit. Yay Intelcom!

Kagero

My brother got his SNES today (bestbuy) still waiting for mine (Walmart) the irony is I bought mine in the morning and told him about BB opening up theirs at noon. In the end, I’m not even sure I’ll be getting mine :(

Anyone get a code for early beta access for battlefront 2? Chatting with amazon support makes me think it's not a thing in Canada (at least 3rd party retailers) or not a thing for amazon.ca

Anyone get a code for early beta access for battlefront 2? Chatting with amazon support makes me think it's not a thing in Canada (at least 3rd party retailers) or not a thing for amazon.ca
I didn't even realize we were suppose to get early beta access for pre-ordering. I haven't gotten anything from Amazon either.

zroid

Banned
I had the same reaction to the SNES upon opening the box as I did to the Switch

doesn't matter how many times I've seen these things in videos and comparisons and everything else. it's still startling how small it is.

Madness

I had the same reaction to the SNES upon opening the box as I did to the Switch

doesn't matter how many times I've seen these things in videos and comparisons and everything else. it's still startling how much small it is.

Yep. When my damn S8+ is bigger than this thing I too was blown away. Makes me want an NES Classic so bad. I didn't even see preorders or see that in stores before it was discontinued.

Apples_89

Early access to the beta isn't offered through Amazon, I had to preorder at EB to get my code.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Still Backordered even though I placed an order while it was available. for fucks sake.
will they honor the order when they get some.

Shit man.

I was worried about mine, wondering if I should have ordered with Amazon too, but it seems I got lucky.

Hopefully they come through, I really should have ordered another just for the people who got unlucky with their orders.

mdubs

Banned
I hope the Last Guardian goes on sale soon. It hasn’t dropped any further than $50 and that’s a bit too rich for me. $30 would be great and I hope we get that for Black Friday

Re: that Kijiji scam for PSVR above ... Can someone please explain to me how PayPal can be used as a scam? Are my eBay transactions through PayPal at risk?

I hope the Last Guardian goes on sale soon. It hasn’t dropped any further than $50 and that’s a bit too rich for me. $30 would be great and I hope we get that for Black Friday

It was $29 digital at some point for a week early this year or late last year, can't remember. Hasn't dropped at all from $49 since then :(

jokkir

Wuh oh, my backup order for the SNES Classic shipped from Amazon. I placed the order just incase the fist order cancelled.

Now what to do with this.

farisr

Re: that Kijiji scam for PSVR above ... Can someone please explain to me how PayPal can be used as a scam? Are my eBay transactions through PayPal at risk?
https://myria.com/how-to-avoid-some-common-craigslist-paypal-scams

As for ebay, selling intangible items like digital codes and what not are the biggest risk. All the buyer has to do is claim it was not them and it can result in you having to give them a refund, or worse, if they decide on being extra shity, they contact their credit card company directly and cause a chargeback via paypal.

And thanks to their policy of not letting sellers leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, you never know who might be a scammer. And there are instances where legit accounts get hacked and used as well.

Physical items you can at least get serial numbers, documented proof that you had the item in posession and sent it out to a specific address with a tracking number and can also get insurance via the postal service you're using. It's relatively safe. But there's no real way to outright dodge a scammer if you're selling.

If you're a buyer though, nothing to worry about. Ebay will bend over backwards to rule in your favor as long as you didn't directly get in touch with the seller and send them the payment off of ebay.

Considering getting Layton's Mystery Journey Katrielle and the Millionaires for the pre-order discount because it doesn't seem like the kind of game that will drop in price, actually I could see it running out of print before not too long, but on the other hand my video game spending was crazy in the past month.

Don't do it. I played through the entire thing on my phone and it's an awful Layton game with lame puzzles and crappy mundane cases. It wasn't even worth the $21 price on the play store, no way in hell it's worth more than double that.

BubbaGum

Neo Member
Anyone else have Culdcept Revolt pre-ordered? Wondering if I should cancel it or try it out as it'd be my first in the series.

Top Bottom