• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX Engine vs CryEngine 3 - Konami's Office Room Recreated In CryEngine 3

Modder ‘gametime’ has managed to recreate that Konami office room, proving that Crytek’s proprietary engine can compete with Konami’s next-gen engine. As gametime revealed, all of that assets that have been used have a proxy model and the level is in real scale. Many assets have POM to further enhance their realism. Oh, and contrary to Konami’s recreation… this CryEngine 3 office is being shown off at a HD resolution.

Done by a modder, NOT by Crytek.

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...konamis-office-room-recreated-in-cryengine-3/

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=311&t=111454

001ijs2p.jpg

002egsdb.jpg

009fqs21.jpg

007fss94.jpg

006snspc.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Done by a modder... not the engine creators.. PLease make this more evident in the OP so people do not post stuff like this.

My point is that you might be able to recreate the results on other engines but it might be much faster on FOX. In short I don't think this really proves much.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Was there ever a question that CryEngine 3 could compete? Seriously?

spuit*11

Banned
Yeah that is some rancid ambient occlusion.

Way to make it look worse than a current console generation promo shot from a Japanese in-house made engine.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Did Koji Pro make the finest FPS ever made?

No that was CryTek. They later lost their way but you can't take Crysis from them.
Dennis you need to finish the games you take the screenshots in, not just play the first 2 hours. :p

Finest FPS ever made, we need to see how Konami's office looks in id tech 3.

Gestault

Seems like someone was salty. That said, speed is also a factor. Fox Engine might be faster.

My point is that you might be able to recreate the results on other engines but it might be much faster on FOX. In short I don't think this really proves much.

Considering this is just a hobbyist comparison, the only person who seems defensive ("salty," I guess?) in this situation is you.

The things I've seen in Fox engine look more impressive to me.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'd love to see same-size comparison images with the FOX engine shots next to it.

I don't think the Cryengine shots look that good.

Zen

Banned
Man crytek fans are insecure. Insecurity isn't limited to CryTek themselve it would seem.

Remember when some Crytek fans 'recreated' the Killzone reveal?

jaggies in the chair corners it seems... but I'm no expert

similar to the bald head jaggies in the famous crysis head model we always see in forums

TheContact

That's so awesome. Growing up I always wanted to play a Doom level that was a re-creation of my house.

Those pics look almost real. Gat dayamn

This is the biggest image I could find. If I remember correctly A are the real photos, and B are in the Fox engine.

2305824-foxengine.jpg

The Crytek 3 recreation is pretty good if you ask me, though that lighting could use a little tweaking. Not bad for a modder though.

Gestault

I don't recall ever seeing any higher-resolution FoxEngine shots from that demonstration. A real comparison would be pretty difficult without them. We've seen both engines put out some intense visuals.

Fehyd

Banned
Without the comparable images from FOX its tough to tell, although I definitely think FOX might be better with the dynamic lighting.

Top Bottom