• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
What do yall think Cavs should do in off season?

Anyway you can get PG13 or Jimmy Butler to the Cavs

I think Dahntay, JR, Shump, RJ, Frye, Felder, Tavares and Love should all be traded

Keep Kyrie, LeBron, DWillx2, Korver, James Jones

Don't know about TT honestly, this series gonna determine it

edit: oh and Lue gotta go as well

Lakers vs Celtics for the next 5 years
Ainge x Magic did it

Aldridge will be traded for Thompson if CP3 goes to the Spurs
CP3 gets a new Deandre
LeBron gets an all star that can shoot and not limited

Spurs are done with him

Who are the best 3 point shooters of this draft?

Lakers vs Celtics for the next 5 years
Ainge x Magic did it

Aldridge will be traded for Thompson if CP3 goes to the Spurs
CP3 gets a new Deandre
LeBron gets an all star that can shoot and not limited

Spurs are done with him

Thompson, as in Tristan? The hell would Spurs do with that albatross.

Bron should try to get Cousins. I think it makes some sense.

jbug617

Banned
Fultz in Boston
DBmsMXUU0AEJMHc.jpg

Finally found this.

James Johnson and Dion Waiters (Dion indicated he was willing to take a discount for Miami) back to Miami. I bet Miami gets one of Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or, idk, Paul Millsap.

Nets end up with one of Otto Porter, KCP, or Tim Hardaway Jr. I just feel like one of their restricted agent offers is gonna go through

Cheebo

Banned
Finally found this.

James Johnson and Dion Waiters (Dion indicated he was willing to take a discount for Miami) back to Miami. I bet Miami gets one of Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or, idk, Paul Millsap.

Nets end up with one of Otto Porter, KCP, or Tim Hardaway Jr. I just feel like one of their restricted agent offers is gonna go through

Pistons are adamant about matching any deal, max or otherwise for KCP. He isn't going anywhere.

Pistons are adamant about matching any deal, max or otherwise for KCP. He isn't going anywhere.

Tim Hardaway Jr. in a mix up depending on if they keep Millsap and basically the direction the new GM wants to take.

Porter depends on if the Wizards want to lock in, what Wall thinks (he has said he won't sign the super-max extension until he sees what the Wizards have planned for the future), and what they think they can get out of Kelly Oubre.

They're gonna do whatever Wall tells them to do. That probably means keeping Porter, but who knows.

My main bet for this off-season is that Miami gets a star, or star-prospect.

Unless I'm wrong the Wizards are going to be capped out anyways. You may as well sign Porter and trade him later if need be. There's absolutely no reason to just let him go for nothing.

Bread

Banned
The Nets are gonna offer so many restricted guys maxes this year and it will destroy a lot of team's cap situations

The Nets are gonna offer so many restricted guys maxes this year and it will destroy a lot of team's cap situations

It's actually sorta funny to think about. By the time they're done recovering from the Celtics trade massacre, they will likely have screwed with a decent number of teams' cap situations themselves.

This summer, the major restricted free agents are:

Tim Hardaway Jr., Otto Porter, Nerlens Noel, KCP, Kelly O, Joe Ingles, Jonathon Simmons, JaMychal Green, and Tony Snell (who the Bucks somehow made into a Klay Thompson-lite in the playoffs)

Their biggest holes are definitely shooting guard/wing, and power forward. They want a modern offense that can shoot 3s. Basically every single one of these, asides from Noel, who is just good upside, is likely to get an offer from the Nets

I see Porter, Noel, KCP, and Snell staying with their teams. Green will probably stay if the Grizz are smart. Hardaway Jr. is the biggest coin flip. Simmons is very likely gone.

Kelly O I'm not entirely sure about, he seems to fit the bill, and I'm pretty sure he leaves, but unlike, say Crabbe, he doesn't really have the upside they would be looking for. Idk, it seems to fit, but something just feels off in my gut about it. That being said, he would be a great back-up/6th man behind Brook Lopez, and great for lineups with Bropez that just mean to shoot endlessley.

DBsQXUqWsAAExC-.jpg

They have a ton of potential but I'm not sold on anyone on that team yet.

If Simmons and Embiid are healthy? That team rivals or maybe even beats out the Bucks and Timberwolves in terms of best young core.

If one is healthy? They're decently up there.

If none? Still have a chance, but it's tricky sailing.

I mean I'm a Sixers fan and I doubt they're able to do much in free agency besides making teams like Wizards with Otto or the Pistons with KCP pay. Maybe sign a shooter or two like Patty Mills/Redick, not too bothered tho, I'm fine with extending Covington and paying him his money, taking the 3 pick and just hopefully have a year with a healthy Embiid/Simmons and continuing to develop some of the guys they have. I'd think next off season is the one to go after a star or someone better a than decent role player who can shoot.

Given good health they'll be fighting for the 4/5 seed. Unfortunately that's hard to bank on.

I mean I'm a Sixers fan and I doubt they're able to do much in free agency besides making teams like Wizards with Otto or the Pistons with KCP pay. Maybe sign a shooter or two like Patty Mills/Redick, not too bothered tho, I'm fine with extending Covington and paying him his money, taking the 3 pick and just hopefully have a year with a healthy Embiid/Simmons and continuing to develop some of the guys they have. I'd think next off season is the one to go after a star or someone better a than decent role player who can shoot.

Given good health they'll be fighting for the 4/5 seed. Unfortunately that's hard to bank on.

They could go for Dion, tbh. Would be a decent pick-up.

They could go for Dion, tbh. Would be a decent pick-up.

Depends who they come away with in the draft, but I'd rather not, if they draft a PG i'd like a low usage catch/shoot guy, not a gunner like Dion even if he can be a bit fun. Plus we have some guys I'd like to get minutes into and would rather he not take away from that.

Chase17

That Jalen/Kobe clip was pretty funny. Guess it's not surprising that the show didn't get picked up though. Would have needed lots of cameos lol.

ViciousDS

Banned
at this point now that Lonzo said hes willing to play for any team......

Bulls should just 1:1 trade butler for the number 1 pick.

It's obvious the bulls aren't going anywhere in the next few years with golden state there.....might as well just build now with Valentine and either Fultz or Lonzo

Tall4Life

It's obvious the bulls aren't going anywhere in the next few years with golden state there.....might as well just build now with Valentine and either Fultz or Lonzo

But the problem is that we don't want Butler right now

I'd rather have the pick.

that's cool, you guys aren't the folks running the show......you just get to yell at your team for being a terrible number 1 seed, with need of talent now not later XD

Being a terrible 1 seed seems like a good reason to not trade the pick for Butler. Oh and I am the one running the show.

Top Bottom