• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK confirms Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for 2017

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
This is your typical PR response. It's not like they're going to say it's delayed before Monolith and NCL decide they need to.

Yes, but I imagine the "Monolith" that helped in Zelda isn't the same one that makes the Xenoblade series. Monolith is a weird studio in that it's actually two branches, one in Kyoto and one in Tokyo. Tales from my ass, but I bet the Xenoblade team (Tokyo) weren't heavily involved, while the Kyoto team (largely focused on asset creation previously) I'd guess were involved in Zelda.

This isn't true, the credits are out and the game designers from Monolith worked on Xenoblade X. The art staff probably is mixed though, since as you pointed out their focus is asset creation. It wouldn't make sense for Monolith Kyoto to have so many people in the game design section when they don't do that.

Axass

So basically what you're saying is we should never trust any release date? That's silly, give them the benefit of the doubt with 2017 but don't put all your hope into it.

No, what I'm saying is that both Zelda and Xenoblade have a history of delays, so don't expect it on time.

The Giant

Banned
Switch Year 1

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey
(Potentially Pokemon)

Its already a monster

And Nintendo still hasn't fully shown the rest of the 2017 lineup.

asagami_

Banned
Lol I feel like I'm the only person who thinks Xenoblade 2 will make it this year.

I hope a worldwide release is a Nintendo trend. I think FE Shadows of Valentia was already finished months ago haha. Maybe Xenoblade 2 is the same thing. Around E3 we will know, anyway.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
2.5 years of development. Really hope the game doesn't feel rushed.
Well they are litterally just using assets from Chronicles X obviously with some additions. They my just making a much more linear and story focused game but it likkely won't be a massive juggernaut in length.

Xenoblade 2 seems set for 2017 Japan but I'm still iffy on it making it in the west this year. The game is seemingly further along than the first Xenoblade and XCX when they were revealed though.

hatchx

Banned
I'd be surprised if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ends up releasing this year outside of Japan. The first one took 8 months to localize, so I see this realistically hitting early 2018 for NA/EU. I really hope the holiday Pokemon Stars/Smash rumours are true.

I'd also be surprised if Fire Emblem Warriors gets delayed. Tecmo-Koei are pretty good at pumping those games out, and it was ~9 months between Hyrule Warriors announcement and release.

Top Bottom