• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Review Thread

GSR

"Goes about 10 hours longer than necessary" is something I totally disagree with. My end time was 105:29, and I felt like the game ended too soon in terms of what was done and what wasn't.

I think it's that the game could have better spent some of its runtime. A few late game characters and plot points could have afforded to been explored a bit more thoroughly, IMO.

The Jimquisition review is weird because Laura spends 2 paragraphs being annoyed its not on the Vita.
Presumably she judged the game for what it is instead of what it isn't, but rpgs in general feels a lot better on handheld than sitting on the couch for me.

Maybe both she and I will get our wish, when Persona 5 Ruby rolls around for Vita or Switch.

mollipen

I think it's that the game could have better spent some of its runtime. A few late game characters and plot points could have afforded to been explored a bit more thoroughly, IMO.

Yup, absolutely. For various reasons, I was shocked when the end of the game appeared, because I wasn't at all ready for it. A number of things were just getting up and running, there were expectations from previous games, and so on.

Jolkien

Now the real question is do I go for everything using a guide on I do two playthrough... I don't really look forward to puting 200+ hours on it but on the other hand going in blind... -_-

Kazaam

mdubs

Banned
Only a 93 on Metacritic? I thought that the critics were going to like this game more, too bad.

Edit: 94 now which seems better given the insanely positive coverage this game was getting

Nesther

Now the real question is do I go for everything using a guide on I do two playthrough... I don't really look forward to puting 200+ hours on it but on the other hand going in blind... -_-

I'll go blind. Best way to enjoy a game like that in my opinion.

Machina

Banned
It's fine. Not every game needs to be Zelda. I'll be okay with an almost game of the generation too.

Yeah don't be too downer about it guys. The fact we're getting two 90+ games within as many months is pretty much insane in this day and age, and 2017 hasn't even started to sing yet.

mollipen

If you want to do everything in one play through, you're going to have to hardcore use a guide. That's all I'll say.

Burbeting

Banned
From the EGM review:

Japan has some complex cultural opinions on LGBT issues, but how a company like Atlus—a studio known for putting care into more “fringe” types of characters—could so blatantly portray gay men as child predators bothered me. It’s especially disappointing because Persona 5 features one other prominent LGBT character, and I found them not only to be a fun foil for another NPC, but also pretty spot-on for people I’ve actually met in Japan. Atlus is the Japanese company I look to the most with hope for some well-written and developed LGBT characters, and yet, this is now three games in a row where we’ve gotten examples of queerbaiting and/or gay panic from the studio.

This sounds extremely disappointing. Maybe even thread-worthy :(

Top Bottom