• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek trademarks 'Crysis Warzone'

Wouldn't the "Crysis" trademark cover all of those?

I'm guessing that Coca-Cola hasn't trademarked "Tastes like fuckin' Coca-Cola ultra-ribbed condoms," bur I'm sure they'd sue my ass off if I started selling them.

-SD-

Banned
flunkie4455 said:
Is this supposed to be for a sequel, a port, or DLC? GAF, speculate!
This might have something to do with the news from the May 2008 Crysis Monthly Update:

At this time, there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis. We are aware that this news will disappoint many of you, and we would like to apologize profusely. There is a good reason for this and we hope you understand when you hear more about the reasons why in the very, very near future.

[...]

We are confident that the things we are working on will be appreciated by the community

...or it might not. Time will tell.

Sharp

Is it just me or has this generation produced some of the latest spinoff subtitles of any other?

Kibbles

Someone from Crytek said they are making games for consoles along with the PC (after all the piracy on Crysis, little sales probably) now so...

1-D_FTW

Kibbles said:
Someone from Crytek said they are making games for consoles along with the PC (after all the piracy on Crysis, little sales probably) now so...

There's plenty of blame to go around. A certain review didn't help. It should have probably been delayed a little longer & they should have been aggressive with making bundle deals with 8800GT manufacturers. They should have had better performance at launch. They shouldn't have locked "DX10 features" into Vista and should shipped with the same options that things like Cuban's mod gives you. Amazing game and a real shame sales wise, but they are hardly innocent in this. Nice excuse for the suits, however, to deflect blame away from themselves.

bee

as was said above its almost certainly a multiplayer add on to crysis judging by their latest monthly update

pringles

Sharp said:
Is it just me or has this generation produced some of the latest spinoff subtitles of any other?
..well, yeah.

I thought the end was fairly sudden in Crysis, hoping for some DLC to finish the story.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
World in Crysis is a great fucking name.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Seems like a decent way to make money off an established IP and a dope engine; make a big deal of a pure multiplayer standalone expansion and rigorously control the gateway to sieve out the more casual pirates.

zaidr

I hope World in Crysis isn't an RTS, and its really you getting out of the Jungles and getting into more varied environments while still retaining the "open world" approach that Crysis did so well in the earlier levels. After seeing the redone Bravia advert, i'd love to see what Crytek has in store for more civilized locals.

-SD-

Banned
pringles said:
I thought the end was fairly sudden in Crysis, hoping for some DLC to finish the story.
DLC? Crysis is a trilogy. Crysis 2 is now in development at Crytek Frankfurt...

Top Bottom