• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Rock Band coming to Wii + details (from focus group)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Linkzg said:
wait, so no covers? or does this mean its some crappy bands no one heard of?

No covers I'm guessing. I think they're getting access to the master stuff this time

I'm not so sure splitting the community over so many systems is the best plan of attack for this socially-oriented
, expensive
game. Hopefully they'll be able to work with Nintendo for online support.

I'd buy the 360 version over the Wii one (I have a 360 guitar, and achievements, BITCHES) but it made no sense not to put this on Wii in the first place. It has enough storage for simple stuff like audio files to be downloaded and it's already got the wireless tech in place. You could probably insert the Wiimote in to a guitar and make it wireless.

Duh.

But is still costs alot.

It would be funny if both the Wii and Rock Band were supply contrained in holiday 08.

and keep your ****ing microtransactions out.

That's nice, I guess, but I will be forever skeptical until they reveal the song list.

I mean, hell, it's like Chadwardenn says, "it's all about dem GAH-MES!"

Bebpo

Banned
Wario64 said:
Bundle with game, wireless guitar, drum kit, micrphone with possible price range of $150-$200

I think they didn't get the memo on "casual appeal" and "Wii audience".

B E N K E

I was under the impression that there would be multiple bundles (some with only guitar, some with only drum, some with only mic)... It doesn't makes sense only to sell the "mega-bundle", it will only limit the audience.

TJ Spyke

$150-$200? Goodbye to any chance of me buying it. I was interested in the idea of the game, and MAYBE would have paid $80-$100 for it, but at least $150? No.

TJ Spyke said:
$150-$200? Goodbye to any chance of me buying it. I was interested in the idea of the game, and MAYBE would have paid $80-$100 for it, but at least $150? No.

*sigh*

Do people really expect the only way to play the game is by buying a $150 mega-bundle?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Good luck with the price. :lol

Linkzg said:
wait, so no covers? or does this mean its some crappy bands no one heard of?
Harmonix let MTV buy them out for a reason
other than money

Eteric Rice said:
If this is true... + 1 more game for the Wii.

Wow.
They never denied a Wii version.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I could almost buy another effing Wii for that price :lol :lol

Kafel

Banned
$150-200 is the biggest bundle with everything packed in.

Usually you buy this game with only 1 instrument.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dont know about you guys but the bundle priced at $150 seems like a good deal.

Guitar Hero 2 for X360 is $90 and that includes a WIRED guitar controller and the game.

For double the price, you get Rock Band, a WIRELESS guitar, a drum kit and microphone. It doesn't sound too bad if you want the whole shebang. Of course, I doubt the bundle will be the only option, considering some of us already have a guitar to play this game.

Depending on the price, I'll probably just pick up a drum kit and the game if given the option. Already got the Xplorer guitar, don't care about a wireless one.

Chao

People don't want to sell their right kidney in order to buy this game, so Rock Band gets my "insta-bomba" seal of approval by now.

Chao said:
People don't want to sell their right kidney in order to buy this game, so Rock Band gets my "insta-bomba" seal of approval by now.

Good thing people won't have to sell their right kidney? Harmonix isn't going to require that you buy all the peripherals! That's madness!

angelfly

If it does in fact to Wii I'll pick it up. I myself would get the big bundle since I'd like to be able to play all the instruments.

Wario64 said:
I dont know about you guys but the bundle priced at $150 seems like a good deal.

Guitar Hero 2 for X360 is $90 and that includes a WIRED guitar controller and the game.

For double the price, you get Rock Band, a WIRELESS guitar, a drum kit and microphone. It doesn't sound too bad if you want the whole shebang. Of course, I doubt the bundle will be the only option, considering some of us already have a guitar to play this game.

Depending on the price, I'll probably just pick up a drum kit and the game if given the option. Already got the Xplorer guitar, don't care about a wireless one.
Eh, that's probably the lowest of the very low. A good rule of thumb is to always pick out the highest end of the spectrum when a company gives us the estimate.

The Mighty Chen said:
someone didn't get the memo :D guess you were out poopin'

it's online :)

Oh, it is? I just thought that since it's the Wii, online would be low priority, and I agree with them. I couldnt care less about online rock band.

I was indeed, pooping.
For real

Link316

Banned
to the people complaining about the price, this game obviously isn't targeted at you cause Guitar Hero + 2 guitars costs the same amount and that's had no problem selling

chibcicylist said:
Eh, that's probably the lowest of the very low. A good rule of thumb is to always pick out the highest end of the spectrum when a company gives us the estimate.

Oh, it is? I just thought that since it's the Wii, online would be low priority, and I agree with them. I couldnt care less about online rock band.

I was indeed, pooping.
For real

i thought you meant rock band, period. :(

i am very sorry. i do not know if it is online for wii. since the other version is i thought it might be.

once again, i am very sorry.

chibcicylist said:

Yes, remember when Nintendo said the Wii would be less than $250?

Hmm seems like it's coming to the Wii then with this news and this...
US, April 2, 2007 - During a conference call to announce its latest music game Rock Band for release on Xbox 360 and PS3, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos hinted strongly that a Wii-specific version of the title would be coming out in the future. When asked if there was any chance Rock Band would arrive on Wii, Rigopulos said without hesitation, "Absolutely."

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," Rigopulos said. He added that Harmonix would optimize future versions of Rock Band to fit the strengths of the platform. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/777/777553p1.html
It seems like a done deal.

Drummania for PS2 cost almost $150, and that was just the drum controller and game. If they can pull off the game + all 3 peripherals for $150 (and if the controllers are good quality), I'll be amazed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bobbyconover said:
Drummania for PS2 cost almost $150, and that was just the drum controller and game. If they can pull off the game + all 3 peripherals for $150 (and if the controllers are good quality), I'll be amazed.

I'm guessing they'll make up the cost with microtransactions.

Jammy

Banned
I'm wondering more how big the bundle/box will be when it retails... My parents are going to shit a brick because I'd be bringing home dance pads for DDR, bongos for DK Bongo Bash, and stuff like this for Rock Band. And there's definitely not much room for stuff like that back up in my dorm.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Link316 said:
to the people complaining about the price, this game obviously isn't targeted at you cause Guitar Hero + 2 guitars costs the same amount and that's had no problem selling
I got Guitar Hero I & II with a guitar for $50 CAD on Amazon in December. :D

Top Bottom