• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Kolento pointed out you can really feel the impact of Reno being gone from meta. I think it does let faster decks that aren't Pirate levels of fast have room to breath some.

Blizzard

Banned
Seeing some rumblings about packs giving out more duplicate cards than they should. Surely that's not a thing right? Like, I can't imagine Blizzard would screw up in such a huge way two expansions in a row.
I got 11+ dupes of one or two cards out of 80 packs. I had a ton of 7+ dupes in there.

ZeroX03

Banned
Some guy added me after I purposely suicided to make fun of me for being a bad player. Didn't believe I was playing an entirely Overload deck for the quest and didn't care about winning. Some people really need the ego trip.

Blizzard

Banned
Some guy added me after I purposely suicided to make fun of me for being a bad player. Didn't believe I was playing an entirely Overload deck for the quest and didn't care about winning. Some people really need the ego trip.
I never ever accept random friend requests. I assume it's always someone trying to harass.

I just played a priest who finished the quest and then played other things for 2-3 turns instead of going for the 40 HP. They got burst down from 15 HP for that. :p

Having trouble making the Mage quest work. :-/

This happened to me the first time I played it, and I even knew what his secret was, I just didn't even think that it was a regular spell.

It didn't say "spell" when I hovered over it, either.

Pooya

I got 4 dinosizes in like 60 packs. The chances of that happening is very very low...

I mean it's not like there is any doubt that packs in this game are not really random. There is zero transparency about drop rates and everything, all we know is figured out by the community. There is no pity timer officially, there are no offcial drop rates. Shadowverse has all of their drop rates on their website for everyone to see and it checks out for example. What they're doing is becoming illegal soon so we might see some changes.

ZeroX03

Banned
I never ever accept random friend requests. I assume it's always someone trying to harass.

The funny thing is, if I'm purposely using a really weird deck or start losing on purpose (in casual no less), they usually add me and go "thank you, I was trying to do a quest too!". This guy was like "haha sure you're doing a quest you just suck".

Shaman leg and paladin quest out of 70 packs, bad luck, even more considering the second one was in the last pack, at least got a decent number of epics.

Is elemental shaman any good?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just got the rogue quest card

Am I done here? Legend inc?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Handbuff paladin with elemental synergy seems pretty strong, the fireflies really go a long way.

Blizzard

Banned
Quest rogue may be too strong, but at least it's not totally mindless. I keep screwing up by miscalculating mana by 1, forgetting to charge with a minion, using a weapon at the wrong time, or playing minions too early.

AndersK

First encounter with Quest Hunter. Done by turn 6. Endless 3/2 minions with charge due to Tundra rino.

Fun. I really hope there's an overall problem with consistency, otherwise this is a meta with a jade clock, and a 1-drop clock.

Blizzard

Banned
First encounter with Quest Hunter. Done by turn 6. Endless 3/2 minions with charge due to Tundra rino.

Fun. I really hope there's an overall problem with consistency, otherwise this is a meta with a jade clock, and a 1-drop clock.
Try it yourself. The earliest you can play the quest card is turn 5 (turn 4 with coin technically), and at that point you have less than a 50% chance to draw a single raptor. 25% to draw 2 raptors, and it goes down from there. It's extremely unreliable. Anything with a taunt further blocks it.

Oh my god quest rogue is completely bonkers.

I build a ghetto deck of it(The plant that gains 1+ for each card played instead of van cleef, patches replaced with...something else) and oh my god

AndersK

Try it yourself. The earliest you can play the quest card is turn 5, and at that point you have less than a 50% chance to draw a single raptor. 25% to draw 2 raptors, and it goes down from there. It's extremely unreliable. Anything with a taunt further blocks it.

Glad to hear it. Just had one now where the hunter didn't get father than 4/7 in 14 turns.

Not sold on rogue quest being all that impressive deck runs out of steam easily and doesn't have nearly as good top decks as PW. It might be worth it to add the water package.
What spell is crystallize? I can't find anything on Google.
crystallize is the name of the rogue quests effect. Van Cleef enters as a 5/5 then gets +2/+2

Q8D3vil

I feel that this is going to be the worst meta for me. Mainly because i love playing control and reno was my favorite card.

scarlet

What decklist are you running? I just tried building one, but right now it's feeling clunky.

It's clunky, try to minimize overload or play harbringer, devolve was useful in jade meta, in this 5/5 rogue quest it only works against druid and pally. So, I'm not sure about devolve

fire fly x 2
lightning bolt x 1
bloodmage thalnos x 1
devolve x 2
flametongue totem x 2
jade claws x 1
maelstrom portal x 2
hex x 2
hot spring guardian x 2
lightning storm x 1
mana tide totem x 1
tar creeper x 2
jade lightning 2
tol'vir stoneshaper x 1
bloodlust x 2
servant of kalimos x 2
volcano x 1
fire elemental x 1
blazecaller x 2
kalimos x 1

I'm not sure with the one I bold.

FeD.nL

Perhaps I got lucky but in 140 packs I didn't get a single dupe Legendary. Got 8 different legendaries, and the highest epic in terms of dupes was Sudden Genesis at 4x.

Like nothing out of the ordinary.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol, played Ivory Knight and got Dinosize, hunter ignored it and I used Spikeridged Steed to make it a 6/10 taunt, he cleared the first half and I made the second half a 10/10 taunt afterwards.

Meta snapshot:

Jade druid shits on everything new
Rogue quest shits on everything new and old.
Hunter quest sucks. Elementals suck.

Only other option is to try to stall out games with boring ass priest or warrior until people figure out mage quest.

I declare this expansion pretty poor.

Rogue quest combo is interesting

You have to have the right hands if you want to get it by turn 5

Hrmm....it definitely depends on your very first cards.

fertygo

Feel this meta is worse version of shadowverse game, where most of shit in that game is tempo oriented deck, but the thing is the game is designed around back and forth tempo swing, I don't think Hearthstone has mechanic to support that kind of games, every game decided in blow out way.. no come back mechanic at all

Atram

Quest Rouge is more Cancer than Pirat Warriors ever was and will make this expansion with its good variety the worst of all

Blizzard fucked this time up in a big way

cHinzo

Aight, finally managed to open my 85 packs. Managed to get 5 legendaries, which I consider pretty lucky, since I only got like 2 with the 80 packs from Gadgetzan.

Got Tyrantus on my 63rd pack, Unite the Murlocs on my 33rd pack (took fcking 30 packs for another legendary QQ), Open the Gateway on my 25th pack, Fire Plume's Heart on my 18th pack and The Voraxx on my 8th pack.
Also got 16 epics.

No Pally stuff though sadly. :\

So an interesting detail on Rogues quest-

every 5 turns the 'minion' needed gets reset. So on the 5th turn after using it(5th mana crystal and subsequently 10th mana crystal), you can place a different minion and have it proc the quest

squidyj

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/789814-quest-rogue
This is the current version of quest rogue I'm running. with the exception of the saps I've tried to build it to win the mirror which amounts to more consistently and quickly completing your quest as well as keeping your opponent's board tidy so they are less able to benefit from the quest when they complete it and finally having chargers for when you complete the quest with an empty board.

I could even see cutting a sap for a shiv since for the cycle and kill potential
You can also try to hard tech a dirty rat to disrupt their combo generation, either by pulling out a minion they've invested in or getting ferryman/brewmaster out of their hand. I might try it out tomorrow, it could help with aggro and otk mage

The paywall is real this time.
Bought 35 packs with gold, got mostly trash.

So now with my syl/rag dust I can scrape together one(!) quest deck.

And with three expansions a year there won't even be enough time to save gold for the next time. Won't even have a fraction of ungoro complete until then.

F2P is going to be rough from now on. Can't even imagine what the new player experience feels like.

FeD.nL

Bye bye quest Rogue

pRCr8nL.jpg

I'm beginning to like Hunter, took some time to figure out but I think this list has potential.

Blizzard

Banned
So an interesting detail on Rogues quest-

every 5 turns the 'minion' needed gets reset. So on the 5th turn after using it(5th mana crystal and subsequently 10th mana crystal), you can place a different minion and have it proc the quest
I don't think that's the case. It just shows you the name of the minion that's "winning" the quest. If there's a tie, I think it shows the first one.

As soon as another minion breaks the tie, that one gets shown.

Blizzard

Banned
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/789814-quest-rogue
This is the current version of quest rogue I'm running. with the exception of the saps I've tried to build it to win the mirror which amounts to more consistently and quickly completing your quest as well as keeping your opponent's board tidy so they are less able to benefit from the quest when they complete it and finally having chargers for when you complete the quest with an empty board.

I could even see cutting a sap for a shiv since for the cycle and kill potential
You can also try to hard tech a dirty rat to disrupt their combo generation, either by pulling out a minion they've invested in or getting ferryman/brewmaster out of their hand. I might try it out tomorrow, it could help with aggro and otk mage
Mine is extremely similar except:

No Patches (can't afford)
No Thalnos / Van Cleef (can't afford)
Only one Preparation (can't afford)
No Swashburglar (don't own the expansion)
No Sap

Instead of those 8 cards I have 2x Assassinate (filling the role of Sap), 2x of the more expensive brewmaster, and 2x each of the elementals that give you little fire elementals.

However, I'm not winning too much so I probably really do need the more expensive cards in your version or Dog's version. At minimum I want to earn another Preparation.

Bye bye quest Rogue

I'm beginning to like Hunter, took some time to figure out but I think this list has potential.
If you can reliably kill by turn 6 like that, why do you even need the quest card? =P

I don't think that's the case. It just shows you the name of the minion that's "winning" the quest. If there's a tie, I think it shows the first one.

As soon as another minion breaks the tie, that one gets shown.

I dunno.

I used 2 novice engineers, didnt shadowstep any of them. Turn 5 I put my 2nd swashbuckler down and hes counted for quest. Once I got a couple shadowsteps and the brewmastwers, I started doing the combo with my firefly. And I keep doing it. Isnt till turn 10 where he takes effect.

Hmm. Gonna have to test it out..

Bye bye quest Rogue

You have discovered that aggro hunter works if you get good draws.

This is true.

The quest just gets in the way of this. It really sucks.

FeD.nL

You have discovered that aggro hunter works if you get good draws.

This is true.

The quest just gets in the way of this. It really sucks.

Yeah this was the nut draw ofc.

Tried pure aggro without the quest and you just run out of steam against the slower decks so quickly. Quest has been good to me in those matchups. Still figuring things out. It just gives the deck that bit of extra juice and the 1-drops are good for chaining with stampede later on in the game.

Top Bottom