• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
These are all pitfalls of a sport still in phase one of going mainstream. We got fighters evolving in skill and athleticism, but the rules never change to reflect that reality. The method of scoring fights also needs a serious overhaul.

TheNatural

My Member!
These are all pitfalls of a sport still in phase one of going mainstream. We got fighters evolving in skill and athleticism, but the rules never change to reflect that reality. The method of scoring fights also needs a serious overhaul.

The unified rules aren't going to get changed soon until MMA is uniformly legalized in all states (specifically New York.) Scoring, I don't know if it will ever get changed. Look at boxing and the fuckjobs that happen there, there was just one of ridiculous proportions this past weekend.

yacobod

Banned
BJ Penn said:
I'm opening the UFC gym, the B.J. Penn/UFC gym in Oahu. I've been doing that and I've been watching my gym at home. I've just been kind of teaching and training, I like it. Just go to the gym when I feel like training I train, and if not I watch my daughters. That's all I do.

There's tons of match-ups out there. There's great athletes. The UFC is the best athletes in the world, but I don't know. In a perfect world, I can't even see the scenario right now this moment. It's just something that if I feel it, I feel it, and if not we'll just sit back and watch all the other guys kick butt in the Octagon.

MMA Legend BJ Penn on retirement.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The unified rules aren't going to get changed soon until MMA is uniformly legalized in all states (specifically New York.) Scoring, I don't know if it will ever get changed. Look at boxing and the fuckjobs that happen there, there was just one of ridiculous proportions this past weekend.

Boxing isn't doing itself any favors with 334343 belts orgs and to a certain extent weight classes. NYSAC not legalizing MMA yet is a fucking travesty. I remember hearing rumors they were gonna do it just in time for UFC 100 (supposedly in MSG) and look at this shit now. We're probably way over 50 events later (counting the unnumbered cards) and still nothing.

TheNatural

My Member!
Boxing isn't doing itself any favors with 334343 belts orgs and to a certain extent weight classes. NYSAC not legalizing MMA yet is a fucking travesty. I remember hearing rumors they were gonna do it just in time for UFC 100 (supposedly in MSG) and look at this shit now. We're probably way over 50 events later (counting the unnumbered cards) and still nothing.

Well the main asshole in the opposition is retiring so it might be enough to turn the tide - as long as his supported successor doesn't get in office. I think UFC is probably going to lobby and give funds to all political candidates in New York that support it being legal.

Heel

Bob "The Beast" Sapp said:

Dreams do come true...

ibjwyGRhZRXrXq.jpg

Also, Mario Pudzianowski.

Heel

When Ariel calls Ben boring he gets alpha.

When Uncle Dana calls Ben boring he turns beta.

Why even step to tha gawd like that?

TheNatural

My Member!
Brian ‏ @FrontRowBrian

SHO/Zuffa relations very poor as exposed by @MMAjunkieJohn. Espinoza won't take anything laying down. Want to steal assets? Ur gonna be sued

2h Brian Brian ‏ @FrontRowBrian

Ppl suggesting Zuffa to cut Melendez from SF and re-sign him to UFC. SHO prez Steven Espinoza has already threatened a lawsuit against Zuffa

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
They're banning gifs here now? Wow this forum is getting shittier and shittier the longer I'm here. Soon enough they'll make it mandatory for all replies to be one paragraph long.

Heel

I think Evilore basically said no piling on with gif after gif at a single post. Somehow that got overblown into "no reaction gifs"

Denzel lives on.

yacobod

Banned
They're banning gifs here now? Wow this forum is getting shittier and shittier the longer I'm here. Soon enough they'll make it mandatory for all replies to be one paragraph long.

no way its so much better now with segregated OTs, so threads like why are dicks darker than the surrounding skin get their moment in the sun.

dream

Hey put it on WWE Monday Night Raw SuperShow right now if you want to watch this wretched company completely ape a UFC countdown.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think Evilore basically said no piling on with gif after gif at a single post. Somehow that got overblown into "no reaction gifs"

Denzel lives on.

Just watched Training Day. Wow what a great movie. And so many GIF worthy stuff no one has used yet. Would love to see the double silver pistol firing Denzel moment into a gif.

Judging from the lineup, I have a feeling you should be able to get tickets below face value on StubHub or something a day or two prior to the event, or even the day of. Probably $150 a head for seats up top that aren't horrible.

If you don't want to see the fights in person you can either go to the MGM grand and pay less to watch it on closed circuit TV right there, or go to a place like Lagasse's Stadium which is a great sports bar inside the Palazzo that I would recommend.. I'm pretty sure that they'll show it there but you may want to double check.

As for K-1, if that comes to LA I will be there with floor seats if they're not too expensive. So hyped for that.
Late reply, but thanks for the info. Will probably stay on the strip as I doubt I'll be in the condition to travel very far heh.

TheNatural

My Member!
That is every denzel movie ever made.

Denzel in Training Day just fits everything better since he's a blow smoke up your ass asshole, as compared to his other movies where he's a white hat hero. I haven't seen all his movies but does he play that kind of bad guy role in anything else he makes? He's always the risk his life hero in everything I see (John Q, Man on Fire, that one weird ass movie where he can see into the past to solve a murder and is chasing past cars through a camera and shit.)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just watched Training Day. Wow what a great movie. And so many GIF worthy stuff no one has used yet. Would love to see the double silver pistol firing Denzel moment into a gif.

Pretty sure that is a gif. And I have seen Training Day, just not enough to remember every scene.

Late reply, but thanks for the info. Will probably stay on the strip as I doubt I'll be in the condition to travel very far heh.
Looks like there is a slight possibility you may now have Silva/Sonnen 2 as your main event when you go.. In that case, I recommend you buy tickets right when they go on sale because demand for that will be through the roof.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
In honor of big fight week, I'm about to watch some Training Day. Mandatory viewing for MMA OT, unless you're a loser or something and never have seen it. *cough* Chamber *cough*

don't like denzel. hate bones. meh on the nba.

If UFC was smart they would have Sonnen/Silva 2 on fox and stack the fucking card with fights but show them this time. I bet fox and UFC could make a shit load of money on ad space.

Top Bottom