• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM (213) March 2007 reviews/rumors

Don't ask me nothin'.

Reviews

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3): 9.5, 10, 9.5 (Game of the Month)
NBA Street Homecourt (PS3/360): 9.0, 9.5, 9.0
Crackdown (360): 9, 8.5, 7.5
Battlestations: Midway (360): 7.0, 6.0, 6.5
Fuzion Frenzy 2 (360): 5.0, 2.0, 4.5
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (360): 8.0, 7.5, 8.0
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia (PS2): 6.5, 6.0, 6.0
MVP 07 NCAA Baseball (PS2): 6.5, 6.5, 7.0
Diddy Kong Racing DS (DS): 5.0, 6.0, 5.5
Lunar Knights (DS): 9.0, 7.0, 8.0
Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner (PSP): 6.5, 7.5, 7.0
Valhalla Knights (PSP): 3.5, 4.5, 5.0

Rumors

Square has another MMO Final Fantasy (à la FFXI) in the work for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Won't be set in Vana'diel, but rather a world from a previous FF. "Our fanboy hopes say FFVII, but our practical mind says FFXII."

Tekken 6 pushed back until 2008.

Mistwalker planning Blue Dragon 2, depedent on U.S. sales. A DS spin-off is also possible.

Wipeout PS3 to hit in 2007, uses the MotorStorm engine.

Mizuguchi working on a Space Channel 5 follow-up.

EA making a kiddie Madden ("for touchdown tykes").

Indiana Jones game to hit with movie in 2008.

ram

Square has another MMO Final Fantasy (a la FFXI) in the work for PS2, Xbox 360, and PC. Won't be set in Vana'diel, but rather a world from a previous FF. "Our fanboy hopes say FFVII, but our practical mind says FFXII."

ps2 would be a odd choice, i am guessing its ps3.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
"Wipeout PS3 to hit in 2007, uses the MotorStorm engine."

YES

Considering that the Square MMO has been popping up here and there tied to the PS3, 360, and PC I dont see where that is the rumor.
Now it taking place in a previous FF land, THAT is good stuff.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yay! Space Channel 5. :D

More Blue Dragon please, right after Cry On.

Please don't do kiddy Madden EA.

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3): 9.5, 10, 9.5 (Game of the Month)
NBA Street Homecourt (PS3/360): 9.0, 9.5, 9.0
Crackdown (360): 9, 8.5, 7.5
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (360): 8.0, 7.5, 8.0
Awesome

Battlestations: Midway (360): 7.0, 6.0, 6.5
Fuzion Frenzy 2 (360): 5.0, 2.0, 4.5
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia (PS2): 6.5, 6.0, 6.0
MVP 07 NCAA Baseball (PS2): 6.5, 6.5, 7.0
Ouch or Don't Care.

Lunar Knights (DS): 9.0, 7.0, 8.0
Awesome

Diddy Kong Racing DS (DS): 5.0, 6.0, 5.5
Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner (PSP): 6.5, 7.5, 7.0
Valhalla Knights (PSP): 3.5, 4.5, 5.0
Ouch

pilonv1

Mr. Spinnington said:
It put shivers in my spine. Now which console is it going to?

Who cares, I'll buy whatever one it's on if I don't already have it. UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT CHU CHU CHU

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Ouch, low score for Valhalla Knights. I thought it looked interesting. :/

And what's up with no R&C PSP review? Was that last month? The game is out in a couple of weeks after all.

Edit: WTF, it's out tomorrow?!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If Miz is working on a SC5 follow up...there's no stopping him in following Rez too. Right? RIGHT?

pilonv1

Wario64 said:
I just hope it isn't on any of the portables

At least PSP wouldn't have sound quality issues. It would be a better choice than DS but hopefully it will be a home console.

Haunted

Mr. Spinnington said:
Mizuguchi working on a Space Channel 5 follow-up.
I'd say HOLY ****ING CRAP if they hadn't claimed that he was working on a follow-up to Rez sometime last year. (November?)

kenta

Has no PEINS
An MMO in Ivalice would be my first MMO, no questions asked. As long as it has Yoshida and Sakimoto with some semblance of Matsuno's combat system then I'm all over it for sure.

Wipeout in 2007 sounds too good to be true but dang if it doesn't make me perk up though

keanerie

Blue Dragon DS? Hell yeah.

After the 1up Show and these scores, Lunar Knights seems promising. Parish likes it enough to give it a 9...maybe I'll check it out.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Why would WipEout PS3 use the Motorstorm engine when Sony Liverpool (WipEout Devs) are doing F1 CE whereas Evolution Studios(Motorstorm dev) have no connection to WipEout at all...

WipEout PS3 using the Formula One:CE engine makes a lot more sense to me :/

Vyer

Nice scores for NBA Street. Surprising. I haven't played one in a long time, I'll have to look this one up.

Also, the article on Viral Marketing in this issue is pretty damn alarming.

bluemax

Banned
So would kiddie Madden compete with the Backyard sports series?

Wipeout Pure sold me on the PSP, I wonder if the PS3 one can do the same for me on that console.

Kolgar

Tekken 6 pushed to 2008? ****!!!!

Wipeout PS3 for 2007? Incredible! Almost makes up for Tekken, if true..... but this seems unlikely.

Dammit, Namco, what gives?

Bad_Boy said:
hmm...I wonder why not use the F1 engine?

EGM probably just doing their usual shit at the wall routine. Why would Liverpool have to co-opt Evolution's engine? We're not exactly talking about a small studio here, they already have F1 in the can and their own R&D within SCEE. It's not like game engines can be retrofitted to another game/studio at the snap of a finger either. This isn't middleware.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Kleegamefan said:
Why would WipEout PS3 use the Motorstorm engine when Sony Liverpool (WipEout Devs) are doing F1 CE whereas Evolution Studios(Motorstorm dev) have no connection to WipEout at all...

WipEout PS3 using the Formula One:CE engine makes a lot more sense to me :/
As Bad_Boy suggested, maybe they'll be putting a damage model in there with realistic explosions and crap. I also like the way the physics feel in MotorStorm, it would be a great fit for Wipeout

Vyer said:
Nice scores for NBA Street. Surprising. I haven't played one in a long time, I'll have to look this one up.

Also, the article on Viral Marketing in this issue is pretty damn alarming.
Look for a certain internet forum cameo. Just sayin'

But yes it is and for the most part can burn in hells.
Ike said:
Can I get a consolidated transcription of the VF5 review?
VF5 is best fightar evar u will liek this gamez srsly awesome play4happy

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if the miz is really working with sega again, he needs to do a new rez. post haste.

timnich

Square has another MMO Final Fantasy (à la FFXI) in the work for PS2, Xbox 360, and PC. Won't be set in Vana'diel, but rather a world from a previous FF. "Our fanboy hopes say FFVII, but our practical mind says FFXII."
Didn't Shane mention a new cross platform Square-enix game on the latest 1upyours podcast?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
kenta said:
As Bad_Boy suggested, maybe they'll be putting a damage model in there with realistic explosions and crap. I also like the way the physics feel in MotorStorm, it would be a great fit for Wipeout

F1 CE has a pretty good damage model too, it seems...

I just don't buy the "WipEout PS3 running on Motorstorm engine" deal, but thats just me...

Ceb

drohne said:
if the miz is really working with sega again, he needs to do a new rez. post haste.

They should just do a PSN/XBLA remake of Rez and call it "Hi-Rez". :)

J-Rzez

Surely if Wipeout is to hit this year it had to be in the works for a bit of time? If true, makes you wonder what else is under wraps that may surface over time... (PLEASE something from Zipper, or something with "uncharted" in the title!)

Nice scores for VF5... will be mine day one...

I didn't mind FFXI... I'd pick up a follow up...

Top Bottom