• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically Virgin Gaming is the absolute worse company at running tourneys, they have announced but not gone through many big tourneys like Madden to last years Battlefield 3 1.6 million dollar tourney.

Basically this partnership has killed any kind of big potential tourneys outside grassroots stuff.

I can't speak about Virgin gaming but your bolded statement is a complete farce mate. Any quality big tournament will stand on its own regardless. The cream rises to the top.

If your latter statement was true one could reasonably argue MLG narrowing the sandbox ruined opportunities for more casual tournaments. Clearly neither is the case.

So MLG does a significant MP reveal/tourney to get hype up for Halo 4 and then Microsoft gives the competitive rights to Virgin? This is the Windows ME of Halo games.

Just speculation here but more than likely a timing thing regarding no official MLG settings since that initial tourney. Also what's wrong with multiple tournaments? All your examples of WoW etc have many developer, third party and region based tourneys. Seems to me the more events and variety helps competition, awareness and develops community segments better.

I think 343i are being undersold here.

CyReN

I can't speak about Virgin gaming but your bolded statement is a complete farce mate. Any quality big tournament will stand on its own regardless. The cream rises to the top.

If your latter statement was true one could reasonably argue MLG narrowing the sandbox ruined opportunities for more casual tournaments. Clearly neither is the case.

Just speculation here but more than likely a timing thing regarding no official MLG settings since that initial tourney. Also what's wrong with multiple tournaments? All your examples of WoW etc have many developer, third party and region based tourneys. Seems to me the more events and variety helps competition, awareness and develops community segments better.

I like your post because it shows the complete lack of knowledge while deep-throating.

heckfu

Banned

I like it when you post because somehow you make people forget how dumb MY posts are. Thanks!!!!!!!!

I like your post because it shows the complete lack of knowledge while deep-throating.

No wonder why main stage, spectators, sponsors, developer interaction and playlist population have been declining for years with MLG or "competitive Halo gaming". Maybe you can remain mature next time?

Here you have a player like me that has disposable cash, travels to Halo events, has been with Halo since day 1 and agrees with diversity/customisation to support MLG for some playlists and more...but what do you do? Shit on it rather than actually debate using logic.

You might have even found out what could attract a veteran default Halo player back to try MLG again. Even someone who tried to like playing or spectating MLG with Halo 2 and 3 only to see the exact same thing in Reach MLG once again.

Good luck bringing the masses back to your stale "classic Halo".

Karl2177

Good luck bringing the masses back to your stale "classic Halo".

I love whenever you bring this up, because 9/10 times it has nothing to do with anything. The Virgin/MLG thing has to do with buying out the exclusive "tournament" whether it is a live event or an online season. It isn't because the competitive community is trying to craft competitive settings from the husk of Halo 4. But continue with the "personal agenda against 343i" viewpoint that you think we all have. It's honestly funnier than Big Bang Theory.

I watched that live on TV lol, love bowling.

Ozzy the issue at hand is you don't really understand anything going on, now this isn't a issue because a lot of people on the internet spew bs but sometimes you have to be called out on it.

What was BS exactly? My statement that one casual tournament does not equal the end of a competitive one? I hope you realise how many partnerships a Fortune 500 company like MS is capable of, just look at their PC side of partnerships in the last 20 years.

More than enough room for all player types. In reality this is the first majorly backed casual default settings Halo tourney that has potential to get more players/spectators converting to more hardcore MLG tourneys, for example.

CyReN

What was BS exactly? My statement that one casual tournament does not equal the end of a competitive one? I hope you realise how many partnerships a Fortune 500 company like MS is capable of, just look at their PC side of partnerships in the last 20 years.

More than enough room for all player types. In reality this is the first majorly backed casual default settings Halo tourney that has potential to get more players/spectators converting to more hardcore MLG tourneys, for example.

Do you have any idea what kind of history Virgin Gaming has with tournaments?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

There are a lot of things about H4 that drive me nuts and even piss me off. But I can't deny it looks amazing considering the hardware it's running on. It blows my mind the X360 is capable of this game - and it cements my earlier belief that Bungie's 360 Halo games were less than stellar looking - something I was regularly chastised for believing.

I love whenever you bring this up, because 9/10 times it has nothing to do with anything. The Virgin/MLG thing has to do with buying out the exclusive "tournament" whether it is a live event or an online season. It isn't because the competitive community is trying to craft competitive settings from the husk of Halo 4. But continue with the "personal agenda against 343i" viewpoint that you think we all have. It's honestly funnier than Big Bang Theory.

You can let go of that one comment, sure you're not a chick...feels like an ex highschool girlfriend stalking me ;)

Do you have any idea what kind of history Virgin Gaming has with tournaments?

Reread the first few words of my post. I was replying to your second paragraph. Even if this Virgin tourney sucks it doesn't automatically ruin future Halo tourneys in general. That is my beef with your latter comments.

heckfu

Banned

If I wanted to see casuals play I would record my own games and rewatch them. But I don't, I want to see an actual time-tested company host competitive players. It's a formula that works where the alternative tourneys have failed often and failed hard. How can you argue with fact like that?

CyReN

Reread the first few words of my post. I was replying to your second paragraph. Even if this Virgin tourney sucks it doesn't automatically ruin future Halo tourneys in general. That is my beef with your latter comments.

That's enough for me there to realize you have no idea what's going on, thanks.

If I wanted to see casuals play I would record my own games and rewatch them. But I don't, I want to see an actual time-tested company host competitive players. It's a formula that works where the alternative tourneys have failed often and failed hard. How can you argue with fact like that?

Opinion is why. I don't watch MLG or play it because it's quite boring and repetitive. I've tried to engage MLG as a player and spectator a number of times over the years but just find myself not caring.

I'd like to see pros or MLG embrace far more of the sandbox for spectating and relatability reasons.

That's enough for me there to realize you have no idea what's going on, thanks.

Good luck to you.

So Virgin Gaming got the exclusive rights for organizing Halo 4 tournaments? What is going to happen with Arena Gaming? Or don't they count as a professional tournament like MLG?

A Halo player with an opinion, same as everyone else. Who do you think you are? Halo's second coming?
1nl7Z.gif

Honestly my exact reaction to this post.

Is ozzyoz 343 PR or something?

That would be funny but in light of not seeing salty comments regarding Starcraft money over Halo main stage at MLG and 343i still showing competitive interest for Halo 4 outside of Virgin gaming I find myself literally finding far less value here at HaloGAF.

Tunavi

Banned
A Halo player with an opinion, same as everyone else. Who do you think you are? Halo's second coming?
Listen you little bitch. That badass of a man you call scum has fuzz under his big toe that's worth more than your whole life. He fought off a fuckin alligator and saved a little dog while you would have run off screaming like a five year old girl. If you have any kind of girlfriend or wife, surely she would leave you for this man after seeing how you react to a man defending his dog. No woman wants a man who can't defend what is his, and your girlfriend or wife would be fifty times happier with this 72 year old stud than your sorry ass wimp of an excuse for a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom