• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread of Persona 4 raditude

duckroll

Persona 4 (PS2)

- Trailer on DVD
- July 10th release
- 85% Complete
- Looks like Persona 3 but better
- 180+ Personas
- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing

- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

Valkyrie Profile - The Accused One (DS)

- There are clean scans
- Looks kinda meh
- There are pics of the battle system too, looks VP-ish but isometric
- Famitsu says "Action RPG"
- 50% Complete

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aeana said:
Seems like VP DS has a seamless field. Sounds kind of like VP2 + FF12 or something.
That's what I thought of when I saw it too. I can't believe I got the right idea. :lol Still looks like it has the awesome combat though. Looking forward to playing both P4 and VPDS! :D Until then... I'm waiting for that DVD!

If VPDS does get localized that is, but S-E has been pretty good with DS games so hopefully that'll erase any worries VP sales bring about it being localized.

Dascu

P4 in July already? Earlier than expected, but then again, they got the P3 engine to work with. I'm wondering if it might see a Wii port. By the time it gets out of Japan (if it gets out), it would be a bit silly to release it on the PS2 alone. Atlus did it with Baroque, so I think there's a fair chance for a Wii Persona 4.

dili

WHERE IS KANEKO.

He's gone into complete hiding. The last time we saw him he said he was doing artwork for the next Devil Summoner,and then nothing has been know ever since then.

I was kind of hoping Persona 4 would have went with his artwork.

duckroll

Dascu said:
P4 in July already? Earlier than expected, but then again, they got the P3 engine to work with. I'm wondering if it might see a Wii port. By the time it gets out of Japan (if it gets out), it would be a bit silly to release it on the PS2 alone. Atlus did it with Baroque, so I think there's a fair chance for a Wii Persona 4.

No, Sting did it with Baroque. Nothing to do with Atlus. :p

Aeana

dillenger said:
WHERE IS KANEKO.

He's gone into complete hiding. The last time we saw him he said he was doing artwork for the next Devil Summoner,and then nothing has been know ever since then.

I was kind of hoping Persona 4 would have went with his artwork.

Working on SMT4, I hope.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Aeana said:
Seems like VP DS has a seamless field. Sounds kind of like VP2 + FF12 or something.
cant say Im too thrilled about this being seamless.

will wait for trailer and more info.

Great. 2010 for PAL release then. :(

VP DS sounds more and more meh as more information are leaked. But I have faith in tri-Ace.

Dascu

duckroll said:
No, Sting did it with Baroque. Nothing to do with Atlus. :p
Did Atlus publish it in Japan? I think the Wii version was Atlus' idea. It seems kind of weird how Sting would decide to port it.

duckroll

Dascu said:
Did Atlus publish it in Japan? I think the Wii version was Atlus' idea. It seems kind of weird how Sting would decide to port it.

No, Atlus has nothing to do with Baroque outside of the US publishing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
monkeylite said:
Great. 2010 for PAL release then. :(

VP DS sounds more and more meh as more information are leaked. But I have faith in tri-Ace.
what info? aside from the seamless bit.

can the ps2 die already? i like the ps2 but its actually hurting the ps3 since games that could be on the ps3 are on the ps2. NIS has moved on with disgaea 3 and persona 4 needs to be on ps3 instead.

duckroll

Don't stay up for the trailer, whenever someone gets it it'll definitely be hosted. Don't worry about it.

More P4 details:

- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ChaoticBlue said:
can the ps2 die already? i like the ps2 but its actually hurting the ps3 since games that could be on the ps3 are on the ps2. NIS has moved on with disgaea 3 and persona 4 needs to be on ps3 instead.

Somehow I doubt that the PS2's death would lead to more PS3 games

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The sprites really are small in VPDS, the clean scans really make it clear... the combat looks really faithful though, hope it works well in real-time.

ChaoticBlue said:

Disgaea 3 still looks like a PS1 game though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
Don't stay up for the trailer, whenever someone gets it it'll definitely be hosted. Don't worry about it.

ok, zzzzzzz

More P4 details:

- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours

Looks out window, ah fuck

duckroll

jj984jj said:
The sprites really are small in VPDS, the clean scans really make it clear... the combat looks really faithful though, hope it works well in real-time.

But it's still turn based. It's only realtime within each turn, just like all the other VP games. I imagine it'll be more like VP2's battle system, I doubt it's really seamless. It really doesn't look that way to me.

duckroll said:
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours

Awesome.
Awesome.
Ew.
Awesome.
Awesome.
Awesome.

So far so good.

Top Bottom