• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Medal Of Honor Announcement Teased With BF3 Insert, Presumably Unveiling Soon

Here I am once again posting a unboxing video,new Medal of Honor anyone?On the other side of the online pass is a teaser for which I believe is the next Medal of Honor game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZwD0R4Op4

moh1-810x1024bq27.jpg

Proxy

Nirolak said:
That one seems to be advertising the existing Medal of Honor game unless they tend to put up a teaser on Battlefield 3's release date.

Hmm.. it has the ESRB Rating Pending logo on it. So either it's an entirely new game or EA is using some old marketing material.

rdrr gnr

MoH was an abysmal game that should have never been made.

Hopefully, this one has a modicum of originality and MP that isn't fundamentally broken.

NBtoaster

Last game was okay. I guess this is to fill the lack of BF in 2012.

Wish they would try some of the mechanics from Medal of Honor: Airborne again. MOH is alright as a more sedate version of COD but Airborne could have been amzing with more polish.

Majanew

Banned
On BF3:
Were you able to access all of the content (installed) with just one disc in or do you have to swap?

How's the framerate/screen-tearing?

Deadbeat

Banned
NBtoaster said:
MOH is alright as a more sedate version of COD but Airborne could have been amzing with more polish.
Airborne could have been amazing if it didnt get all retarded at the end. Also if it was longer.

NBtoaster

Deadbeat said:
Airborne could have been amazing if it didnt get all retarded at the end. Also if it was longer.

Well yeah..Nazi supersoldiers carrying MG42s was more like Wolfenstein than MOH. But dropping anywhere onto a battlefield to head to an objective of your choice has enormous potential. And the weapon upgrades..

Nizz

Good news is that this game'll use Frostbite 2 so the game will feel more cohesive. Medal of Honor really did feel like two games in one. I hope they can come up with an interesting MP that doesn't feel like a slightly altered Bad Company. It was fun for what it's worth.

Deadbeat

Banned
NBtoaster said:
Well yeah..Nazi supersoldiers carrying MG42s was more like Wolfenstein than MOH. But dropping anywhere onto a battlefield to head to an objective of your choice has enormous potential. And the weapon upgrades..
I still liked it more than MOH 2010. It was the better game overall.

Kyoufu

I didn't ask for this...

Is the multiplayer going to be by DICE? Are they eternally set to go after the "COD money" ?

LQX

MoH: AA and Spearhead are my favorite FPS's ever but the last few MoH have been crap. They just feel so off but I'm always glad to hear another one is coming in hopes they live up to the originals.

JJD

LQX said:
MoH: AA and Spearhead are my favorite FPS's ever but the last few MoH have been crap. They just feel so off but I'm always glad to hear another one is coming in hopes they live up to the originals.

Those ones were made by the Infinity Ward guys right?

spats

I thought the MOH reboot was complete trash. The campaign was one of the most boring fps campaigns I've ever played through and MP was broken for me both times I tried it so I never bothered with it after that.

If they take their time with the new MOH and really polish it up, maybe it could be interesting. I have no interest in another broken, rushed and fragmented game ( 2 engines and you have to basically boot out to get to the other one, really?)

Allied Assault is easily one of my favourite shooters ever so I'm still secretly hoping that one day they can reclaim that glory. :(

Danger Close did a decent job with the MOH reboot. I really dug the story and how they transitioned between the characters and play scenarios.

The MP felt a little tacked on. There were some really cool map designs though, although they were a bit small for the player count.

Really looking forward to see what DC can achieve with MOH2 using FB2.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh awesome. I knew about that since the Blog post by the reboot's executive producer, but it's good that it will come along indeed.

And damn the haters, the SP of it was awesome and done with heart. I will expect wonderful things from Danger Close now that they have more experience.

PerZona

Great. I'm looking forward for this game, especially it's kinda confirmed that they will be using the Frostbite 2.0 engine.

I liked the MoH's single player, but the MP is not so hot. Not to mention that it has some pretty graphics on the PC version. It's just too bad that the MP is really bad, oh well.

Great news, I'm ready for another excellent MoH SP campaign. Maybe they'll even put co-op in this time around. Hopefully we get a reveal soon.

Nert

SmokyDave said:
Oooh, I can barely contain my excitement. Will it feature guns and a modern setting?

Nah, it's a turn based JRPG featuring lawyers starting their own practice in an effort to uncover the truth of it all.

The last boss is God.

Sephiroth503 said:
Never played the last one, is it worth a pop? SP obviously as I assume the MP is dead and buried by now.
Yeah the SP is pretty great (but short, as others have said). I'm sure you can get it for a song now.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah the SP is pretty great (but short, as others have said). I'm sure you can get it for a song now.

Let's no get overboard with that. The SP is at best, decent.

A 4 hour game with only the second half being good.
Even then, the "good" parts are littered with bad game design & terrible amateurish scripting.

Top Bottom