• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain |OT| BUYING THIS GAME IS Not up for Nagoshiation

I'll tell ya my first run was on Survivor, and from Chapter 4 all the way to the beginning of Chapter 5 I felt like the knuckle on my pointer finger was going to melt away. The barrage of bosses that are thrown at you, while thrilling, literally had me in some physical pain.

Awesome, awesome game.

keep playing it, stop playing mass effect 3. just kidding buddy

Bought also.

I went one step further and picked up the 360 version and a headset today..

I was using a Bluetooth headset on the Ps3.. and the recognition was terrible with the demo.. with the final version and the 360 wired headset, recognition is almost perfect for me..

I can't get a few phrases/words to pick up.. "Fuck" and "shit" being two of the problem words.

Can't wait to play more when I get home.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How's the co-op in this game, is it just survival mode?
Co-op is pretty underwhelming. There's a mode called Invasion where you can pick different classes. It's sort of like the horde mode with four players, but just not that fun. I would have liked a campaign co-op option though, would have been great.

Firebrand

Ah, that's a bit disappointing, I was mainly interested in this for co-op play. Still, with the GMG discount and dollar prices I might grab it anway to check it out.

Beat this last night after getting sidetracked by some other games for the last couple of weeks.

Overall I just absolutely loved this game. I feel like I just played the current gen version of a game I would have been way into when I was in my early teens, and I mean that in the best way possible. The gameplay/story/characters just really gives me that same feeling. Team Yakker has me locked in for anything they do, I will be there to support it.

gaf counsel me..
is this game worth it, and if it is, is there any chance it'll become rare?
as things stand, i'm sitting on an huge backlog, so i'd wait for a price bomba, for i doubt i'll be plaing before say 4-5 months..

see5harp

Forgettable.

Well that sucks. I actually think this game is better than Vanquish in every way aside from mechanics (and even that is close). They both rely heavily on repetition with the standard enemies but the characters and story executed at a high level here. Some of the bosses here are really fucking great.

duckroll

Well that sucks. I actually think this game is better than Vanquish in every way aside from mechanics (and even that is close). They both rely heavily on repetition with the standard enemies but the characters and story executed at a high level here. Some of the bosses here are really fucking great.

The multiplayer isn't actually terrible on its own, but the matchmaking and the generally dead player base makes it pretty unfun. The concept is pretty sound for the competitive modes, and I actually enjoyed some rounds I played with certain random groups. Most of the time it ended up frustrating and not very fun though.

see5harp

I'm actually sorta shocked at how decent some of the character models and lip syncing looks. I just saw an (admittedly cheesy) sequence which apparently was triggered based on the relationship mechanic and I'm somewhat impressed and optimistic about Sega moving forward. Vanquish was really forgettable IMO as far as characters and variety in the levels and this was a big improvement to me. The only really terrible sequence so far was the jet ski . It hurts me to say this but it probably would have been better to make that sequence another car chase on rails type thing.

gaf counsel me..
is this game worth it, and if it is, is there any chance it'll become rare?
as things stand, i'm sitting on an huge backlog, so i'd wait for a price bomba, for i doubt i'll be plaing before say 4-5 months..

Well if Vanquish and previous Yakuza's are of any indication, not really, you can pick up all of them for like 10$ now.

But your money would matter a lot to the developer and publisher right now.

I started playing this last night..

I think I just completed chapter 2..

I just took down the spider boss

Game is awesome.. my crew is starting to gain respect for me..

Voice is working pretty well.. some mis-recognized things.. but I'm finding that the in-game works well.

Can't wait to play this on the PC..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finished the game when it first came out. Thinking about starting a second run through tonight to kill time until Xenoblade. I still think they should've let you play other party members on the second run through. I can't see what it would change as long as you have Dan along.

Pretty excited to start playing through this again soon. Last playthrough I didn't put Charlie or Rachel on my team by choice even once, and I'm curious to see what happens/doesn't happen when I have certain team members trust levels way up.

Is there a trophy for getting each characters trust levels to max? The closest I came to maxing out trust was with Faye and Big Bo, but neither of them quite made it there.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just finished Chapter 5, epic moments! This game is lasting me longer than I thought. After the truck episode I expected to be close to the end so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I wonder how much of your choices on a team affect the outcome of some cut scenes?

just finished my 3rd play through of the game. Maxed out ALL my characters, maxed out my weapon, maxed out 4 other character's weapons, and got the best possible ending. Game is still awesome.

Played this all night yesterday. Feels a little rough around the edges in ways, and the aiming took some getting used to, but after all is said and done, it's a fun, if campy, game. The cut scenes scream Yakuza and make me all kinds of giddy. Gameplay wise, it really does feels like Vanquish minus the fast or slow, or whatever ability. :lol Toshihiro Nagoshi is unstoppable this gen. Best part of Sega in years.

I was a little annoyed that Sega announced a PC version so soon, but after digging in, I'm ready to double dip. Right now, Sega. Right. Now.

Tried the demo, didn't feel convinced by the voice recognition in my native language, and there's no option to change it...
It's particularly infuriating to say something like "Cover yourselves" and the game recognizes it as something like "asshole".

Tried the demo, didn't feel convinced by the voice recognition in my native language, and there's no option to change it...
It's particularly infuriating to say something like "Cover yourselves" and the game recognizes it as something like "asshole".

Don't worry about issuing commands anyway. Kinda useless in the game.

LiK

I just played two hours. OMG SO IN LOVE. Fantastic story presentation as usual from Team Nagoshi. Also...Faye <3

megamerican

I'm loving it so far. It oozes charm and personality. Only jarring thing so far is Shindo having abysmal VO work in a game that has otherwise fantastic voice acting. Is there something I'm missing? Is he supposed to sound muffled / mumbley?

I'm loving it so far. It oozes charm and personality. Only jarring thing so far is Shindo having abysmal VO work in a game that has otherwise fantastic voice acting. Is there something I'm missing? Is he supposed to sound muffled / mumbley?

No, he's clearly the worst VO. It's really jarring because everyone else performs so well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
When does this actually come out on the PC? GMG has it listed for April 30th and Steam doesn't have a specific date.

Finally beat the game last night.
Saved Faye, but not Bo. Probably missed on that by a maybe 2-3% on Cain's meter.
Really, really great wrap-up that put the game easily in my top games of the year. Except for one character it was almost MGS1 level VO.

If:
- It had come out in a holiday slot
- It had co-op
- It had a more varied setpiece style of level design (something to combat "Gears clone!")
- It had non-horrible boxart

...I think it would be getting a lot more attention, sales, and maybe even a little award attention. But as it is, it was basically sent to die in that classic Sega style.

And while it has nothing to do with sales, dammit, where's my new game mode+?!?

Hagi

I just finished it also, such a fantastic game. I'll agree it wrapped up really well
i also had Faye alive and Bo dead
which i never really expected. The characters were pretty cool, only one i didn't like was Charlie but maybe that was intentional.

I really hope we get a sequel but considering SEGA's financial difficulties i doubt it'll ever happen :/ I only rented it but i'm definately going to but it now.

Question
what happened to Cain? Is there another ending?

Top Bottom