• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Influences Episode 4 - Ashley Riot

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
In this episode I chat with Lead Concept Artist at Armor Games & Freelance Reviews Writer at GamePro Media Ashley Riot. We talk about the differences between been on both sides of the games scene. We also share our thoughts on "looks over substance" in regards to female journalists and female developer.

There will be a short break between this episode and the next one.

Thanks for the support guys over the past few days.

iTunes Link

Direct Link

RSS Feed

Official Blog

snap0212

You should also post the photos in here. Might get you more downloads.

ashleyriot.jpg

Already subscribed to your Podcast. Love the format. :)

Badass family name, gives the "read the riot act" line a whole new meaning.

I'll DL this when I get home. Been listening to the Jeff Green one at work and it's ace.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
VoteForPedro said:
Badass family name, gives the "read the riot act" line a whole new meaning.

I'll DL this when I get home. Been listening to the Jeff Green one at work and it's ace.

Thanks dude ^_^

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
snap0212 said:
You should also post the photos in here. Might get you more downloads.

ashleyriot.jpg

Already subscribed to your Podcast. Love the format. :)

so should I have used this pic of Jeff Green to get more downloads?

n838275121_7540.jpg

Dandy said:
Thought this thread was gonna be about Vagrant Story, haha.
This is immediately what I thought, and then I thought some more about this - since Ashley Riot isn't exactly what I would call an influential character. There really isn't anyone else quite like him.

Jerk

Banned
The lack of Vagrant Story in this thread is disappointing.

With that said, that is one badass name.

Thanks for interviewing me Paul! I had a good time discussing everything with you.

hahaha :lol Yes, my real name is Ashley Riot. I was born Ashley, but changed my last name to Riot later for personal reasons and because it's awesome.

ezekial45

Banned
thebaroness said:
Thanks for interviewing me Paul! I had a good time discussing everything with you.

hahaha :lol Yes, my real name is Ashley Riot. I was born Ashley, but changed my last name to Riot later for personal reasons and because it's awesome.

Yes! I knew it was you.

I'm not crazy after all.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
thebaroness said:

Thanks for agreeing to take part ^_^

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Metalic Sand said:
What is the music thats used in the end of the podcast? love that tune.

it's 未完成ラブストーリー by Yoko Kanno

StuBurns

Banned
I completely disagree that Gabe 'apologized' about anything. His original complaint was the PS3's architecture makes his job harder, and that Sony designed an obtuse CPU in order to force developers to lead their coding with the PS3 in mind so that PS3 SKUs would be superior. That didn't really work out like that because their installbase was shit, but regardless, Gabe didn't change his mind whatsoever from the looks of the E3 conference.

As for Jade Raymond, that comic strip is mocking Ubisoft, not Raymond, I really don't see why it's offensive, I didn't at the time either. They 'whored' her out to sell their game. If anyone's action were questionable, it was Ubisoft's.

snap0212

Damn, now I look like an idiot/perv for suggesting to post her pic to get more downloads. Didn't think she'd read this thread. :lol

StuBurns said:
As for Jade Raymond, that comic strip is mocking Ubisoft, not Raymond, I really don't see why it's offensive, I didn't at the time either. They 'whored' her out to sell their game. If anyone's action were questionable, it was Ubisoft's.

Sorry sir, but it is offensive. It implies that she had no talent whatso ever as a creative member of their team. It's direct defamation of her personal character. She always appeared in very modest clothing; she always presented the material professionally. It is no fault of her own that Ubisoft decided to push her into the limelight. If the artist wanted to insult Ubisoft, and they used a faceless/unamed girl engaging in those acts then I see the justification, but she never did anything to warrant attacks on her character.

Top Bottom