• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Influences Episode 5 - Shawn Elliott

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Pikelet said:
awesome, however there must be a better picture picture of Shawn than the one used in the blog :p

i am currently trying to find a decent head shot of Shawn, will update when found

Pikelet

i am currently trying to find a decent head shot of Shawn, will update when found

lol its fine, just looks funny in comparison to the classy shots of all the other interviewees.

Will update when i have listened and have something more relevant to say :D

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That Shawn Elliott guy needs to use his sweet development money and buy a laptop that doesn't heat up as much. :-D

Corto

Hey you! You went silent for a while and then... BAM... Shawn Elliot bitches! Nice. Real Nice! Great work, keep'em coming. :D

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Corto said:
Hey you! You went silent for a while and then... BAM... Shawn Elliot bitches! Nice. Real Nice! Great work, keep'em coming. :D

i had to take a break due to other work commitments, but I have loads of time to make some podcasts now.

so expect more to come.....soon.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shawn was really great, but I was disappointing by the breadth of questions or the follow-through on some questions.

For instance, Elliott clearly doesn't have much to say about achievements, yet the interviewer spieled about it for so long, relating his own experience with little regard for what Elliott had just said. He was on a whole other wave-length.

StuBurns

Banned
Rez said:
Shawn was really great, but I was disappointing by the breadth of questions or the follow-through on some questions.

For instance, Elliott clearly doesn't have much to say about achievements, yet the interviewer spieled about it for so long, relating his own experience with little regard for what Elliott had just said. He was on a whole other wave-length.
I think it would have been more interesting to go into how developers go about designing something addictive in a broader sense. What pressures cause those design decisions. How they skew the game away from the initial vision etc.

Saying that, Irony from BioShock was my personal favorite achievement. I hope there are some surprising ones next time around too.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Rez said:

Yeah, no offense Paul, but I thought during the John Davison interview you talked too much about yourself. Didn't notice it during the Ashley Riot and Jeff Green episodes though.

Zen

Banned
stryker1138 said:
Damn, Shawn's looking much more fit these days. Also, where the hell did this podcast come from? It's pretty awesome.

WHERE DID SHAWN'S PODCAST WITH N'GAI and JEFF GREEN GO? It just dissapeared and we never heard anything again.

Out of the Game needs to come back.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zen said:
WHERE DID SHAWN'S PODCAST WITH N'GAI and JEFF GREEN GO? It just dissapeared and we never heard anything again.

it's back soon, I think. apparently it was recorded this past weekend?

T-Matt

When he said he had things to say about what he hopes happens in gaming I was hoping you would ask him about that.

So was this a big joke? How come nobodies mentioned the drowsy, half-assedness of the whole thing? I'm sure it was agreed upon to sound like you're both on sedatives but man it got annoying after a while. I'm sure that was all by design, though.

Good grief, no wonder Shawn kept his hat on so much!

Time to beat that receding hairline by shaving the head and growing a stylish beard, Mr. Elliott. :)

I was confused at first reading the thread title, and thought this was Irrational's PR podcast. I clicked with crazy thoughts of Elliott interview himself in a bizarre piece of editing.

Zen said:

It is coming back, but scheduling a time that's good for everybody is hell.

big_z

Rez said:
it's back soon, I think. apparently it was recorded this past weekend?

you fucking better not be lying rez. dont break my heart bro.

fake edit: holy shit shawn needs to shorten his hair. looks like a combover in that pic.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
ICallItFutile said:
Yeah, no offense Paul, but I thought during the John Davison interview you talked too much about yourself. Didn't notice it during the Ashley Riot and Jeff Green episodes though.

none taken, and I totally agree, I did talk too much with the JD episode.

big_z said:
you fucking better not be lying rez. dont break my heart bro.

fake edit: holy shit shawn needs to shorten his hair. looks like a combover in that pic.

Robert Ashley said (on his twitter) they tried to record an episode but something fucked up but there going to try again soon.

Top Bottom