• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenaku

It's more amazing than I imagined. Not only does the landscape look great, but those monsters! Those mechas!

Also looks like it'll inherit the "Xeno" name going by the Xenogears style "X".

Tomodachi

It's interesting how they're going with Swano, who's a popular anime composer, instead of Mitsuda though. Considering they got Tanaka back as a character designer, I wonder if Mitsuda turned them down...
And apparently Soraya Saga is back on the team? She tweeted about the event yesterday. Can't contain the hype.

Galang

Banned
^ Edit: My first thought was Final Fantasy XIV as well.

YAY I can watch this without all the annoying lag.

The music and atmosphere is so pretty, I'm crying @ this Direct...

anddo0

So was that Xenoblade 2, an HD remake?
It's Xenoblade that much is true.

I couldn't bring myself to beat the first one. But now it looks like I have to.

kitsuneyo

Yay for the HD version. Graphics and music both beautiful!

Looks like online play or local multi at least.

"X" would be a pretty cool title I reckon.

Aeana

I don't know why people are comparing it to Monster Hunter. It looks just like Xenoblade in terms of large enemies and such.

Anteater

wait what *clicks link* holy shit

omg-catktqa8.gif

p,ga

6ZvbA4v.png

Nasley

Neo Member
OMG. Wait, is this an MMO?!? I don't mean the gameplay; there's that one part where there's a chat box on the left o__o

I guess they did say they wanted to bring people together but

omg

all this new shit made me happy to have a nintendo even if its months off for any of those games it's all i need to see to make me feel like my purchase was worth it.

Ridley327

I don't know why people are comparing it to Monster Hunter. It looks just like Xenoblade in terms of large enemies and such.

Yeah, I don't see where there's any Monster Hunter; it looks just like Xenoblade with a new art style.

And mechs.

Rootbeer

Banned
Best part of direct for me. Not saying much, I guess? Anyway I find it interesting that they showed it off in both the NA and JP directs... does this mean a near simultaneous release is possible?

UberTag

Provided it doesn't go overkill with multiplayer focus, this will probably be the title that sells me a WiiU. Given that we got actual footage I'm assuming it's further along than the new Zelda (non-WW remake) WiiU and SMT x Fire Emblem.

Hoping for a summer 2014 release with a speedy port and no Project Rainfall begging/hoop jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom