• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BrazilGAF |OT| of Samba, Carnaval... and letting GAF have a sample of it all!

DD

Dat sea! very pretty pics man thanks for sharing! I actually never heard of this city. :X

Praia da Costa is the name of the neighbourhood, like Copacabana, in Rio. The city is called Vila Velha, you've probably seen the name on the packaging of a Garoto chocolate (Talento, Serenata, etc...). :p

LuuKyK

Praia da Costa is the name of the neighbourhood, like Copacabana, in Rio. The city is called Vila Velha, you've probably seen the name on the packaging of a Garoto chocolate (Talento, Serenata, etc...). :p

Oh, I know Vila Velha. I mean, never been there, but it is a pretty known place I think. :)

O mundo inteirinho se enche de graça, e fica mais lindo por causa do coxinha.

Not just the coxinha, but the whole set of salgadinhos!
My birthday was last weekend, and as per tradition the person who is on birthday has to pay for the food. And by food, I mean a hundred salgadinhos:
5wvnF.jpg

That's all for R$38,00. A double whooper with cheese combo costs R$18,50 at Burger King, for comparison. But this here fed six people and there were leftovers for breakfast on sunday.
This new baker we found lives near our house and even puts symbols in the food to mark the flavors of the rissoles:
none - ham and cheese
moon - minced mead
star - palm heart
circle - chicken
square-shaped ones - hot dog sausage

There's also cheese balls, mini coxinhas and fried kibbeh. The dough for all of them (except the kibbeh) is the same as a coxinha.
The arrangement was really nice, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture before everyone started attacking.

Zeroth

My birthday was last weekend, and as per tradition the person who is on birthday has to pay for the food. And by food, I mean a hundred salgadinhos:
5wvnF.jpg

That's all for R$38,00. A double whooper with cheese combo costs R$18,50 at Burger King, for comparison. But this here fed six people and there were leftovers for breakfast on sunday.
This new baker we found lives near our house and even puts symbols in the food to mark the flavors of the rissoles:
none - ham and cheese
moon - minced mead
star - palm heart
circle - chicken

There's also cheese balls, mini coxinhas and fried kibbeh. The dough for all of them (except the kibbeh) is the same as a coxinha.
The arrangement was really nice, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture before everyone started attacking.

He should get a Nobel for that. Seriously, it's incredible how this idea is not used everywhere, I hate having to take a bite at food I may not like to find out if it's the flavor I want.

Also (a bit late but) happy birthday!

Ezalc

He should get a Nobel for that. Seriously, it's incredible how this idea is not used everywhere, I hate having to take a bite at food I may not like to find out if it's the flavor I want.

Also (a bit late but) happy birthday!

Cafe near my job somehow writes the flavor on the salgadinho itself, it kind of looks like they burn it into the dough. Looks cool and it's safe to eat.

Aku-Audi

5wvnF.jpg

none - ham and cheese
moon - minced mead
star - palm heart
circle - chicken

my GOD

I feel like I just discovered Moby Dick after 20 years of searching. I need to go back some day soon just to eat.

LuuKyK

5wvnF.jpg

none - ham and cheese
moon - minced mead
star - palm heart
circle - chicken

Oh god! You made me hungry! Damn you! ahhahaha

Salgadinhos are the best!

DD

my GOD

I feel like I just discovered Moby Dick after 20 years of searching. I need to go back some day soon just to eat.
As a nordic guy, what do you think about the average brazilian behavior? I mean, not the ones you lived with (brazilians are always nice with foreigners), but the ones you don't know, the folks on the streets, etc.

I'm just asking because (I swear I'm not elitist) I really hate the lack of politeness and respect (and even self respect) of the average brazilian folk. I know that there are stupid people everywhere in the world, but it seems that half of them live here, oh my gawd! I'm trying to imagine how a person from a civilized country look at this crap.

Ezalc

As a nordic guy, what do you think about the average brazilian behavior? I mean, not the ones you lived with (brazilians are always nice with foreigners), but the ones you don't know, the folks on the streets, etc.

I'm just asking because (I swear I'm not elitist) I really hate the lack of politeness and respect (and even self respect) of the average brazilian folk. I know that there are stupid people everywhere in the world, but it seems that half of them live here, oh my gawd! I'm trying to imagine how a person from a civilized country look at this crap.

People in my city are pretty polite, this is coming from a half gringo.

Aku-Audi

Well by the time I lived there the ones I knew slowly started treating me as everyone else, which varied from family to family.

I actually felt that people on the street, the normal streets where you could walk that is, were fairly free spirited and if anything upbeat, which certainly was an adjustment for my cold Norwegian heart. People there hug eachother, people here stand on opposite sides of the bus stop. No one in Brazil struck me as a very experienced outside of their own turfs however, very few had much of an idea about even neighboring countries, even middle class families, but I'm not to judge that, I don't know how the education system works towards teaching that. I was never fluent in Portuguese so maybe I just never got to fully experience what you are referring to? I did experience some racism though, just for being foreign.

I can only speak from my own experience of course, but the rich circle in Itaim was sort of removed from common human compassion and empathy. They had what they needed and unless you or or something related to you would impact their finances, for better or worse, they treated you like trash. I have a lot of contempt for the rich in Brazil, and my ex came from a family of higher class status so I got to experience the very ugly side of that. I usually spent most of my time helping the maids, who were very friendly and down to earth.

Mobius 1

5wvnF.jpg

none - ham and cheese
moon - minced mead
star - palm heart
circle - chicken

Why did you do that? :(

DD

Well by the time I lived there the ones I knew slowly started treating me as everyone else, which varied from family to family.

I actually felt that people on the street, the normal streets where you could walk that is, were fairly free spirited and if anything upbeat, which certainly was an adjustment for my cold Norwegian heart. People there hug eachother, people here stand on opposite sides of the bus stop. No one in Brazil struck me as a very experienced outside of their own turfs however, very few had much of an idea about even neighboring countries, even middle class families, but I'm not to judge that, I don't know how the education system works towards teaching that. I was never fluent in Portuguese so maybe I just never got to fully experience what you are referring to?
I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting, but it really pisses me off how some people have no respect, like not giving the elders or pregnant woman their seats on the public transport, or driving like horses, or listening to music, horning or shouting late at night...

Seriously, what's wrong with these people?!

I did experience some racism though, just for being foreign.

I can only speak from my own experience of course, but the rich circle in Itaim was sort of removed from common human compassion and empathy. They had what they needed and unless you or or something related to you would impact their finances, for better or worse, they treated you like trash. I have a lot of contempt for the rich in Brazil, and my ex came from a family of higher class status so I got to experience the very ugly side of that. I usually spent most of my time helping the maids, who were very friendly and down to earth.
Oh, wow! Really?! What happened?

As I said, brazilians really love "gringos", try to be close, are friendly and communicative, helpful...

It's odd to me what you are saying.

Curitiba. I mean, people here are generally colder, but they are courteous. Unless it's a bus driver in traffic, then they're all assholes who think they own the road.
Curitiba is a nice place. Went ther twice. :)

I love Paraná and Santa Caratina.

Platy

Never heard of "afu = a fuder" thing. Actualy I never heard of "a fuder" as an expression xD

But ... should be noted that "fuder" is something like "fuck" and those that you said are closer to a "fuck yeah" than actualy bad cursing or sexual things

Also, in a unrelated news,
We suck at the competing spirit that is like "it is ok, you tryed" and everything that is about the olympic feel =P

Gurí, its funny that PoA e Ctba have a lot in common, like starting a conversation talking about the weather. Every fucking time! hahahahah

Everywhere is like that =P

Even Paralamas Do Sucesso has a song about this

CPCunha

felipepl, dokish, norante and me...bhGAF strong as steel.
but seems like only Felipe and me on videogameGAF...you guys gotta step it up.

DD

Denunciado por calúnia e difamação. Aguarde seu ban.

Never heard of "afu = a fuder" thing. Actualy I never heard of "a fuder" as an expression xD

But ... should be noted that "fuder" is something like "fuck" and those that you said are closer to a "fuck yeah" than actualy bad cursing or sexual things

Also, in a unrelated news,
We suck at the competing spirit that is like "it is ok, you tryed" and everything that is about the olympic feel =P

Everywhere is like that =P

Even Paralamas Do Sucesso has a song about this

As I was saying...

Balneário Camboriú GAF representing.

To put it in perpective for the international users, here's what so great about my city.

Brazil has the most beautiful women.
In Brazil, the south reagion has the most beatiful women.
In the south, Camboriú has the most beautiful women.

So it's like, the best of the best here. And, of course, the city has a nice beach too.

DD

To put it in perpective for the international users, here's what so great about my city.

So it's like, the best of the best here. And, of course, the city has a nice beach too.

LOL

LuuKyK

Indeed. Went to Warung one time and its impossible not to agree with that statement! Hahha

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

There are definitely some awesome beauty genes going around in Camboriú.

Aku-Audi

Holy shit guys, holyyyyyy shit, it seems my Brazilian brothers here on GAF brings luck and bundas a plenty up north now

hgvUX.jpg

I found this today at the store. Do you realize what this means? I'm not sure if I should stick my dick into the can or have it sleep next to me so I can keep it safe and sheltered. Fuck my cat, he can find another spot to sleep in his own filth.

Fat Goron

Denunciado por calúnia e difamação. Aguarde seu ban.

Você não é mais moderador. Chora aí.

Holy shit guys, holyyyyyy shit, it seems my Brazilian brothers here on GAF brings luck and bundas a plenty up north now

hgvUX.jpg

I found this today at the store. Do you realize what this means? I'm not sure if I should stick my dick into the can or have it sleep next to me so I can keep it safe and sheltered. Fuck my cat, he can find another spot to sleep in his own filth.

You know.... I really don't like any Guaraná soda...

But still... I think the brazilian Coke tastes so much better than the american one. I have no fuckin' idea why, but whenever I go to US, Pepsi is the only way to go.

http://i.imgur.com/hgvUX.jpg

Drinking the soda might be a better course of action :p

DD

hgvUX.jpg

Hmm, Guaraná Antarctica is good!

Você não é mais moderador. Chora aí.
SAI DAKI!

LuuKyK

It was good besides Bnegao or whatever his name was. They wouldnt show all they could, it really was a preview only. I am afraid though, but not about our openning ceremony, just the organization in general. :|

DD

So... any thoughts regarding the presentation in the olympic ending ceremony?

Can't really say I liked it...

I really enjoyed. I mean, it's our own culture, so it's not so exciting for us...

EDIT: c'mon, Alessandra Ambrosio was there! How can that not be exciting?

LuuKyK

I really enjoyed. I mean, it's our own culture, so it's not so exciting for us...

Yeah, but still: Adriana Lima > Alessandra Ambrosio.

Lets guess what will be featured in the Opening?

índios/Colonization;

Carnaval;

Futebol;

Bahia;

Samba;

What else?

Platy

Exactly !

They showed the SPICE GIRLS !
How cliche is that ? =P

Of course ours would be our cliches.
I'm just happy that they didn't choose the bad cliches xD

LuuKyK

NO WAAAYYY!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!!!11!!1 :p

She is the ultimate goddess.

Also, were you a mod? When? x_x

Exactly !

They showed the SPICE GIRLS !
How cliche is that ? =P

Of course ours would be our cliches.
I'm just happy that they didn't choose the bad cliches xD

What's our cliches?

I bet we will have Ivete Sangalo, Jota Quest, Lulu Santos and Alcione.

And Nx Zero.

And Michel Teló.

And Gusttavo Lima.

lol

Ezalc

felipepl, dokish, norante and me...bhGAF strong as steel.
but seems like only Felipe and me on videogameGAF...you guys gotta step it up.

I go over there sometimes, don't post much though.

EDIT: Luu you forgot Restart. lololololololol

Top Bottom