• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Screenshots (by DeadEndThrills)

Album here http://deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=141

I'm guessing more shots will be going up before release

theearthandthesky.png
theearthandtheskyalt.png
instinct.png
theheightsofpassage.png
stillwater.png
skinflower.png
690990872373153792_czjro0a.jpg
tumblr_o1h0tn2xQX1qkq7tbo1_1280.png
tumblr_o1ko1l5RQJ1qkq7tbo2_1280.png
tumblr_o1ko1l5RQJ1qkq7tbo4_1280.png
tumblr_o1ko1l5RQJ1qkq7tbo3_1280.png
tumblr_o1knawFwY61qkq7tbo1_1280.png

Details on the screen captures:

Rendering: Custom resolutions @ ~40megapixel
Antialiasing: Two-pass colour-based offline AA (this is like... SMAA? I dont know)
Methods: Free camera w/ FOV and rollIn-engine tonemapping and depth of field control
Tools: Debug build supplied by Crystal Dynamics, Assembly hacks for Aspect ratio correction, SRWE for high-resolution hotsampling

I bought the Asus GeForce GTX 970 STRIX OC Edition last week and received the code for tomb raider. I'm really happy to see this screenshots, I've played the game on a friends Xbox and I really liked. I can't wait to play on my PC.

Vertti

First game was good fun but nothing too special. I wasn't to going to buy RotTR but much later.

But here we are. I have RotTR in my stream library before the game hasn't even been released. Helped it cost only 30€ but still.

Game looks gorgeous and impressions I have read have been really good. Can't wait.

Kezen

Banned
Not really. Looks like the Xone version running at a much higher resolution and with proper anti aliasing.

You contradict yourself here.

There is little doubt the PC version will be a very significant leap over the xbone on capable hardware, the 60fps alone will make for a nice change bearing in mind the unstable framerate on Microsoft's console.

This will be the first current game I'll be running on my new PC.

Anyone know roughly how well a i5 4460 and 4gb R9 380 will run this? I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as those screenshots, but I'm hoping it'll be a noticeable improvement over consoles.

Kezen

Banned
This will be the first current game I'll be running on my new PC.

Anyone know roughly how well a i5 4460 and 4gb R9 380 will run this? I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as those screenshots, but I'm hoping it'll be a noticeable improvement over consoles.

A 380 should neat you a 60fps experience using xbone settings, going by the gap in capabilities.

That assumes AMD don't screw up.

Sky Saw

Banned
Why has every Tomb Raider thread over the last few days resulted in an argument about how it "Doesn't look much better on PC than on xbox one" or a framerate argument?

If you own the game on console that's fine, I don't understand why people feel the need to come into PC threads and shout about it?

It is clearly looking better on PC and it will clearly have a better framerate, these are objective facts, end of discussion.

Now can we please focus on how beautiful this game is? My goodness me *drools*
Of course some people will downplay the superior version to make themselves feel better about the version they own. I just kind of expect it in these type of threads, I doubt they'll ever go away.

Why won't they?

It's Square. They never add photo modes. They probably don't want to pay Nixxes to add in a whole new mode on top of porting the game. They got DET to take screenshots for them and they're probably happy with that.

I'll try and hack in free camera and timestop for myself though :)

AO will be different on top of other things (tessellation, vegetation interaction apparently). So it is not just an up-res. THat, and things that we do not know.

Cool.

Still doesn't look that much better. I mean it looks good, but maybe I just don't like the overall art or graphics or something.

Top Bottom