• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just played CTF on Solace. There was at least one or two guys constantly camping their flag with camo and one guy camping with Promethean Vision. You can't sneak in, and you sure as hell can't sneak out.

It's not fun.

Just played CTF on Solace. There was at least one or two guys constantly camping their flag with camo and one guy camping with Promethean Vision. You can't sneak in, and you sure as hell can't sneak out.

It's not fun.

I agree. That waypoint on the flag carrier, especially, has to go.

--

Also, that Harold Ryan interview was excellent. I'd love to see what Bungie is working on. They're so modest about it.

MrBig

I just finished making the map for Nascar, now just waiting on 343 to put out a non butchered variant of Infection :)

The warthog has more traction now so it wont be quite the same though

I wonder if when 343 play this game and get killed by a crouching camo sniper, they smile to themselves and say, "yesssss, this is the game I dreamed of making."

Considering a top snipers tip in the bulletin was to find camping spots I wouldn't be surprised.

Edit: not hyped for destiny at all - seems like its a genre I don't like made by a game company who has done a bad job of making games in more recent years. I imagine it will revolutionise the playspace though and I can't wait to see what ancillary awesome features bungie cooks up.

PNut

Banned
I just finished making the map for Nascar, now just waiting on 343 to put out a non butchered variant of Infection :)

Yeah there are a lot of great custom games using infection that I'm missing. Hope they make it happen.

Did download some classic mp Halo maps tonight and played a few games with BR starts score to win 50 on Lockout, The Pit, Sanctuary, Narrows and oh yeah.... The Cage. Maps are good being the first batch made. Frame rate is good. Even on the Guardian remake.

You can search fileshare for GT- Jed05 to download them.

Is it? I apologize. I don't know why you think I'm doing it, but it's not to be funny or annoying or anything. I'm going through some pretty severe mental issues at the moment and it is very hard right now. Stuff I've been dealing with for three-quarters of my life that I should've seen someone about a long time ago, but I didn't and now it's very bad. I'm seeing a psychologist about it all now.

I almost didn't go to NYCC because of what I'm dealing with, and I was pretty distant there. The trip was worth it at least for Frankie signing my Halo 3 copy, which means so much to me. And everyone there was great.

And at times I've considered not posting here for a while because I am so afraid that in a passing comment I'll something on here that I shouldn't, and I can't let that happen. But I guess if I'm saying that I should stop posting here for a bit. Believe or not, and I know it might not make any sense, but it's helping me cope. They're just terms of endearment, nothing more.

Sorry for everyone that I annoyed. I don't know what to do; I'm pretty messed up in the head at the moment.

Damn I hope everything gets better for you man - I honestly think you should post what you need to post - this is probably the safest outlet.

I think all of us are rooting for you.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, After playing many games with the Light Rifle, BR and DMR... It's pretty damn obvious that the DMR rivals all.
Ridiculously so.

Oh, random glitch question

Can't set the DMR as my primary on Loadout 3. Doesn't even show up in the menu.

FyreWulff

So, After playing many games with the Light Rifle, BR and DMR... It's pretty damn obvious that the DMR rivals all.
Ridiculously so.

I haven't even used an AR in a loadout in 4 yet. Although I need to stop habitually pacing the DMR when I'm firing it, cuz I don't need to no more.

Ridiculously so.

Oh, random glitch question

Can't set the DMR as my primary on Loadout 3. Doesn't even show up in the menu.

I had that, use firepower to make it pop up as a secondary - that was the only way I could use it. I think doing this and using it for a bit made it pop back up in my menus as a primary.

I tried playing with the BR for the longest time
Due to nostalgia - I'm convinced that gun has worse spread than before though :(

Will eventually try and max out the commendation for all 4 of those guns - carbine is the only one I think is too much hassle.

He never calls me anything.

Delivery.png

malfcn

So I read that people are just changing the time zone on their Xbox to bypass the xp cap. That getting patched out? What is the ceiling per day?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I thought you could get in trouble for doing that (i.e. banned/credit reset)?

If that's true, That's fucking stupid.
I hate to sound so angry, but I don't know how else to word it. I forked out money for this game, and I don't need the developers slapping my wrist for playing too long, too hard, and too fast.

Let me enjoy the grind without worrying about Commendation payouts and Challenges not counting for shit if i'm too close to the cap.

Plasma nades no longer fuck shit up which sort of ruins Derby. Try using Conc Rifles, Sticky Detonators or even Rockets.

equil

Anyone know if the XP Cap resets at Midnight or when the new daily's get put up?

Cause theres no way i hit the cap in two hours if its midnight.

Fantastic. As I don't use that bag'o'dick ability.

Remove Pro. Vision, give me a jump-pack instead of jetpack, and make camo a power-up and there would be no AAs that I have an issue with. Not even regen bothers me. They found a way to make regen palatable, why couldn't the based gods do the same for camo, jetpack, and promethean vision?

zap

Remove Pro. Vision, give me a jump-pack instead of jetpack, and make camo a power-up and there would be no AAs that I have an issue with. Not even regen bothers me. They found a way to make regen palatable, why couldn't the based gods do the same for camo, jetpack, and promethean vision?

Hardlight Shield? I get so frustrated when someone pops that out after I out DMR them and run behind a corner and sprints away :/

It doesn't happen that often, but once you nerf the other AAs, I think people would gravitate to HS.

malfcn

Promethean vision could get all wacky when you move, similar to Sonor Goggles in Splinter Cell. Camo is just campy, people get a power weapon and creep around. And Jetpack is jetpack.

Hardlight Shield? I get so frustrated when someone pops that out after I out DMR them and run behind a corner and sprints away :/

It doesn't happen that often, but once you nerf the other AAs, I think people would gravitate to HS.

So far the Shield users could've just used Thruster or Regen to accomplish the same effect. There will be games when that is annoying, but it hasn't been the game-changing/breaking AA that Armor Lock, Pro. Vision, Camo, and Jetpack can be.

Ramirez

Can't be said enough, the ordnance simply doesn't spawn enough, nor does it spawn the correct things. Just played a game of Slayer Pro where a team got the lead and set up in one of the bases of Adrift, and it's basically shooting fish in a barrel because you're funneled into tight spaces no matter what area you come from. Rockets would be swell to break something like that up and actually force them to move. :|

Omni

So far the Shield users could've just used Thruster or Regen to accomplish the same effect. There will be games when that is annoying, but it hasn't been the game-changing/breaking AA that Armor Lock, Pro. Vision, Camo, and Jetpack can be.

What I don't understand is why Bungie (Armour lock... ew) and 343i decided that they needed to give players a way of being effectively invulnerable to normal weapon fire, on demand? All it serves to do is piss other people off. If they've made it to cover, well that can't be helped. HS makes them basically immune wherever and whenever the player wants.

I really hate hardlight shield. The only time people ever use it is when they're about to be killed. One of the most frustrating things in the game.

Keep it in campaign/SpOps, but it really doesn't need to be in matchmaking.

Top Bottom