• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Magazine Thread of Duckroll's Birthday and a Black Mark on the White Knight

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Confirmed via Duckroll: MGS Touch for iPod and iPhone. Will use "MGS4's worldview." Looks like it has nice graphics. A shooter for release in spring 2009. Kojima pwns everyone again.

Scores:

White Knight Bombicles: 7/7/8/7
--lots of optional content
--big boss battles
--simplistic combat
--customizable combos
--is basically like every other Level 5 RPG. Sadness befalls the land.
--Online has chat issues and a reviewer "hopes it will be patched in the future"

PS Zero: 8/8/9/8 (aka better than WKC)

Devil Survivor
- devil union: merger of 2 devils
- 130 types of devils

Tsuyokiss 2nd semester for PS2 announced

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUCKROLL!!!!!! MY FAVORITE GAFFER AND HERO TO ALL OF US!!!

Duckroll, poster #1,
Duckroll, without him Gaf would be no fun,
Duckroll, he is so freaking great,
Duckroll, I wish he and I would date!

da na na na na

Also thanks to xfactor

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If it's basically like every other Level 5 RPG, I guess it's a must buy for me. Inazuma Eleven was fucking fantastic.

duckroll

I'll just like to say, I spent all my birthday money to pay off Famitsu for that review.... and it feels soooooo good. :lol

<insert Spiderman 3 gif here>

jett

D-Member
Feliz cumpleaños Duckroll!

Seems Sony doesn't even have enough money left to bribe famitsu reviewers amirite

duckroll said:
I'll just like to say, I spent all my birthday money to pay off Famitsu for that review.... and it feels soooooo good. :lol

I was going to ask if you were drunk in an alley somewhere and texting game news in a drunken stupor.

Firestorm

duckroll said:

It was gonna bomb anyway. 2009 is the new year of the PS3.

Defuser

duckroll said:

1183323920049.jpg

btw,happy birthday duckroll.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn a 29/40 from Famitsu for a huge budget game that has been fairly heavily advertised is bad news. Who knows, though... the game might turn out to be good. Then again, I have always found Level 5 games to be awfully bland. They are very good with making games look good and run well, and there work on DragonQuest 8 was great, but their standalone games have been fairly boring in my opinion. I lost a lot of interest in White Knight Chronicles when they changed the art style to look like it does now. I thought the old style looked a lot better.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
zoku88 said:
If Famitsu meant anything, I would say 'As expected from Level 5"

Oh well, we gonna put anyone on suicide watch?
Aren't there enough already with all the shenanigans of the past couple of days? :lol

Happy Birthday!
Y2Kev said:
Confirmed via Duckroll: MGS Touch for iPod and iPhone. Will use "MGS4's worldview." Looks like it has nice graphics. A shooter for release in spring 2009. Kojima pwns everyone again.
Surely you jest!

... D:

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Duckroll's birthday? =D Happy birthday!

...MGS on iPod, as feared? D= Snake? Snake! SNA- oh I give up.

Teknoman

--lots of optional content
--big boss battles
--simplistic combat
--customizable combos
--is basically like every other Level 5 RPG

These dont really sound bad...

Also Metal Gear Solid Touch? This was the big reveal?

Phantasy Star Zero looked like it was going to be an awesome return to PSO style anyway, so im not surprised there.

KTallguy

Banned
duckroll said:

Awesome. :lol
But yea, unfortunate that they couldn't get it together....

Happy birthday duckroll, thanks for always keeping us in the know of all things Japanese.

I'm posting this from my iPhone to celebrate this news.

AFreak

Banned
So, iPhone Metal Gear is actually real? where is the fucking source? Or is this a joke and the review score is a joke too? Makes no sense.

duckroll

AFreak said:
So, iPhone Metal Gear is actually real? where is the fucking source? Or is this a joke and the review score is a joke too? Makes no sense.

Yes, it's real. It's in Famitsu. Why does it make no sense?

Hive

Banned
ducky is 37 today, and he's dressing up as spiderman? that's what I got out of this thread so far..

Top Bottom