• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Wii U Zelda game going to be biggest yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

monome

New Zelda for new Nintendo hardware? in a distant yet no so distant future? whoaaaaaa!!!!

hype!!!!!!

lol...

show me Zelda 3DS then I'll hop into the Zelda U hype train.

Bo130

Okay, was rather vague most of it and pretty obvious considering this is a rumor. Sorry for wasting your time.

the dungeon was bigger than the Hyrule field in Ocarina

Hyrule Field is just a field, a nice hub rendered with the limited polygons and geometry of the N64. What kind of measure is this? How would one measure this?

It’ll be the most innovative game ever, they got stuff that will be copied by others for years

The article is bollocks. This reads like fanboy drivel. Its like playground gossip from my youth: SEGA AND NINTENDO ARE MAKING A CONSOLE TOGETHER ITS CALLED THE SUPER MEGA DRES AND IT CAN DO MORE BLAST PROCESSING THAN 1000 SPECTRUMS. MY DAD WORKS FOR SEGA AND MY UNCLE WORKS FOR NINTENDO. DONT TELL.

dc89

Isn't it kind of taken for granted, that a new title in a flagship series will be bigger on new hardware?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They've said this about every new Zelda game.

IrishNinja

SEGA AND NINTENDO ARE MAKING A CONSOLE TOGETHER ITS CALLED THE SUPER MEGA DRES AND IT CAN DO MORE BLAST PROCESSING THAN 1000 SPECTRUMS.

you know, i was just putting together some graphics here in paint for the OT. you don't see me hijacking your big threads, mama.

stuart

Banned
Wii U daily has posted accurate rumours before. Sounds potentially legitimate, though we won't know until much later probably.

The only thing we can be certain of is that Gamespot will score it 7.5/10.

Nintendo is totally known for its leaks, especially years before a game releases. I highly doubt that the next Zelda is even approaching a stable form yet. Considering when SS released I would suspect they're probably still testing out various gameplay systems and developing broad themes. I could be wrong, but given the development history of the series that seems like the safe bet.

Secondly, who the hell wants a bigger Zelda? If anything the last several have felt padded out. I want a tighter more compact Zelda that interweaves gameplay elements, not another artificially extended world map without enough content to warrant the acreage.

pants

Is this site believable?

Well,

Kyo Sasaki, Contributor

Tokyo-based contributor Kyo joined Wii U Daily in February 2012 and has already provided a ton of coverage and breaking news on the new console. Kyo helped break the story about the Wii U specs, a story which as been mentioned and cited all across the web.

http://wiiudaily.com/2011/12/wii-u-has-quad-core-3ghz-cpu-768-mb-of-ram/

Nintendo is finally set to release a new, much more powerful console with HD graphics, and many are wondering what kind of technology we might find inside the console, and how it will compare with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We’ve heard from developers who have access to the console that the Wii U is “50% more powerful” than the Xbox 360 and PS3. We now know that those estimates of 50% are based on the fact that the Wii U is around 50% more powerful on paper, according to information Wii U Daily obtained from a Japanese developer who is currently working on porting a PS3 game to the Wii U.

According to the source, the Wii U specs are:
Quad Core, 3 GHz PowerPC-based 45nm CPU, very similar to the Xbox 360 chip.
768 MB of DRAM “embedded” with the CPU, and shared between CPU and GPU
Unknown, 40nm ATI-based GPU

The source also mentions that Nintendo has been testing two versions of the console, one with 768 MB of RAM, and one with 1 GB. The RAM is also made by IBM and is embedded with the processor on the same die/silicon, which results in more bandwidth.

These were the specs that Nintendo showed developers around March 2011, so it’s unknown how close to the final specs these are, considering there’s a year until the console is scheduled for release.

When it was unveiled earlier this year, Nintendo confirmed that the Wii U would support 1080p graphics and 3D is possible as well.

you decide.

The OP should be updated with some quotes, some people won't read the article.

Just - "going to be biggest yet" without even the source review is pretty much no information at all. The article offers a lot:

Source Review:
According to our source in Japan, Nintendo is betting big on the next Zelda game, set for release in 2014 on the Wii U. This comes from the same source that accurately predicted Wii U achievements in the past, and broke the news Nintendo was working on a Wii U social network, which turned out to be Miiverse. So we’re quite confident in this information. The source is from within Nintendo and has seen the new Zelda game in action. He’s impressed, to say the least.

“It’s a 4-year development cycle with a new console, new technology, new engine etc. It’ll end up being the most expensive game they’ve made to date. It’s a huge investment for them [Nintendo] in money and manpower, this is Rockstar/GTA territory”. Nintendo originally planned to release the game in Fall 2013 to strengthen the Wii U against the new consoles from Microsoft and Sony, but apparently that didn’t turn out to be realistic. “They targeted a 2013 release, but quickly abandoned that goal. This is the biggest project they’ve [Nintendo] ever done, no way is it gonna be ready for Q3 2013. At least from where I see it”.

Expect 3DS to be used to back up Nintendo's big projects. Does make me think the next handheld won't be a significant graphical jump, just so Nintendo can actually afford to work on both handheld and console though.

One of the dungeons is said to be an entire forest. “The first test dungeon they made was a giant forest running on early and buggy Wii U hardware — the dungeon was bigger than the Hyrule field in Ocarina, and the whole thing is one dungeon. You use the gamepad to navigate, avoid traps, follow clues etc. It’s dark, lush, with a ton of trees, foliage, some which you have to cut your way through. Its scope and details are unlike anything you’ve seen in a Zelda game”. He added that the Wii U Zelda game is so big, it wouldn’t be possible without the 25 GB Blu-ray based storage that the console uses.

“They’re using a new, state of the art engine that’s being built from ground up in parallel with the game. It’s got the most advanced visual features Nintendo has ever made, and includes a lot of third party tech like Havok for physics and rendering middleware from Umbra (which was recently confirmed for the Wii U)”.

More at the article, very good article in fact. This is very early in the games development, so its not been really 'sorted' yet, but sounding like Dungeons are not all going to be enclosed spaces as much as in the past - which is pretty cool.

A Zelda game is coming to Wii U?

shocked.gif

GlamFM

Banned
This comes as a huge surprise. I was expecting it to be the smallest yet. Entirely new thread worthy.

One of the dungeons is said to be an entire forest. “The first test dungeon they made was a giant forest running on early and buggy Wii U hardware — the dungeon was bigger than the Hyrule field in Ocarina, and the whole thing is one dungeon. You use the gamepad to navigate, avoid traps, follow clues etc. It’s dark, lush, with a ton of trees, foliage, some which you have to cut your way through. Its scope and details are unlike anything you’ve seen in a Zelda game”. He added that the Wii U Zelda game is so big, it wouldn’t be possible without the 25 GB Blu-ray based storage that the console uses.

Do we know if this is true? I don't remember hearing anything definitive and assumed with the comparability to the current gen the WiiU would stick with DVD for cost.

Jackano

They even saw the replies to this thread and thought "guess it's legit".

This is a day old too, but it was only reported once a thread on GAF was made about it...

Wait for a website to write "the (yesterday) rumor has been confirmed by another source today, making it stronger".

Dystify

When I saw this on reddit I was just waiting for someone to post this shit here. No, that site isn't credible at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom