• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker - the Switch game nobody's talking about

I added a quick rundown of some of the common questions to the OP, though I do plan to make an OT when the game comes out (if nobody beats me to it).

XaosWolf

In order to reach the items blocked off by switches, you need either another player, or an ability you get later in the game. (I cover this in the video I posted on the previous page!)

Thats fine then. As long as there is a way to fly solo.
Its not that I won't be playing online but I'd prefer that not to be mandatory for 100%ing stuff. =)

EDIT: Gone ahead and preordered the physical release from Amazon JP.

random25

Playing the demo for the first time, and it's pretty addicting.

Hopefully it comes in English. At some points in the demo I don't know what I'm doing lol.

And Grows

Neo Member
I found the PS4 version to be a bit clunky, though having it on the go sounds appealing.
I thought the controls on the PS4 version were very laggy, not nearly as responsive as the ones in the PS3 Spelunker HD. From what I've played of the demo, the controls are much tighter, just like they're supposed to be.

Skeletos311

I've played like 8 levels in the demo. I think the game is fun, but I'm not buying it in Japanese. Also, looking at the exchange rate, this is going for about $48. Which means it'll be $40 or $50 here. I don't know how much content is in this, but I don't think I would buy it for that much.

Spelunkers HD on ps3 is one of my favorite games of all time..

When I saw what they did with the PS4 one.. Simpler cutesy characters, free to play bullshit, etc, I thought my Spelunker days were over.
Actually last night, a fried and I were looking for something to play and I thought maybe we could try out the ps4 Spelunker world. There's not even local play on that shit. Disgraceful.

Anyway, this switch version is an improvement for the local play and removal of f2p elements. If I get a switch, I'll get this game and give it a chance.

Meier

How you gonna have a thread like this with no images in the OP?

200.gif

WhyKlef

Neo Member
FINALLY! I can post to NeoGAF... Hey SpeedBeatz, first thanks for that Google Sheets, also glad to see other importers, I was basically the only one talking on the GameFAQs forum about this game.

Cheers, Happy Spelunking! :D

Alpha_eX

Just played this in the office with a few colleagues, absolutely in love it with. I've been playing single player up until now, which is still really fun but it truly shines with a few people huddled around.

The brutality and unforgivingness of it is a good thing, harsh but fair. Makes rewards sweeter and failures funnier.

Top Bottom