• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bizarre Reviews: Borderlands 2 Edition

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/24/borderlands-2-stars-and-bullets-and-squares/

0g44Y.jpg

Wat

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That site got trolled from the inside.

Zaventem

LOL so random! xDDDDD us geams rite xD!111!! Fucking hell i thought i could feel more embarrassed for someone after watching that kinect fable video but yeah this tops it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My brain can get past the second like

It's like stop Grave, I can't comprehend this shit

Keep reading and I'll leave

Tries to read third line

*Comatose*

GraveRobberX

mnarkety the new GAF buzz word meme that has come to birth and will flourish

ironcreed

Banned
"I dun kno if I canz beh buthered to Plae wit guiz jumpin frum behined rockz in stuf cuz I'm leik 40 yearz old."

LOL, god damn. Joke for sure... I hope.

GraveRobberX

Even that dude in the comments who edited it, it still goes all over the place

He starts talking about the game, starts bitching he's under-leveled, and is dying due to him zerging. also not being tactical or finding a way

Then complains he co-ops with his friend, but the boss is named Midge, and he hates that name/reference and makes him sad

He wants to play with this girl, but her PC is broken so she is playing on the 360, so is another dude, due to his PC under-performing is also on the 360, playing with the girl, when he should be playing with the girl, but whatever

Borderlands 2 tries to be the new hotness, but it all the saminess like but butter
I don't like it, keeps pissing me off for it's different factors... yet I can put down this but butter

MNARKETY... Whatever!

Holy Fuck!

To be fair, "MidgeMong" is a pretty offensive boss name, but I have to admit I laughed. Mostly in a "holy shit wow they went there" way.

Sir Hammerlock said:
"Also he looks like a little human backpack and that's funny.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
VG247 said:
compare guns compare shiled get a better gun and its fun i guess but i'm nearly 40 and i'm honestly not sure if i can be clearly critical about something in which masked men repeatedly jump at me in a walking caretoon from behiund rocks and mounted guns it's not like a don't get it and there's no doubt that it's na awesome game but maybe the constantness of the bullets and styars and square and sparks is getting a bit too much for me because i'm fucking old. like i want to read and write about stuff that isn't just mental every secod of every game you know, or maybe i justy shouldn't be writing about games at all any more.
Borderlands 2 strikes me as such an odd game to get up on the "games should be more sophisticated" soap box for.

Like, they're not even trying to claim it's an artistic masterpiece filled with deep meaning. They've been pretty blunt the entire time that it's a co-op loot game to laugh and have fun with your friends in.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to deconstruct a game where they actually market it as that and it falls notably short?

Like EA has been marketing Medal of Honor: Warfighter as a sophisticated look on the lives of special ops troops and their issues with social and familial life. If, by some chance, it doesn't actually do that and is actually a shooting gallery with big explosions, that would make a lot more sense to me to start banging on for this.

Pooya

if it's a joke it's not funny at all, I don't get it. joke or not, posting articles like this is probably not a good idea for a site that is not known to be satire or the like...

Borderlands 2 strikes me as such an odd game to get up on the "games should be more sophisticated" soap box for.

Like, they're not even trying to claim it's an artistic masterpiece filled with deep meaning. They've been pretty blunt the entire time that it's a co-op loot game to laugh and have fun with your friends in.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to deconstruct a game where they actually market it as that and it falls notably short?

Like EA has been marketing Medal of Honor: Warfighter as a sophisticated look on the lives of special ops troops and their issues with social and familial life. If, by some chance, it doesn't actually do that and is actually a shooting gallery with big explosions, that would make a lot more sense to me to start banging on for this.

Yeah. If anything, Borderlands is in the same category of Saints Row the Third, where it's more about actively not being sophisticated. It revels in its self-aware dumbness, that's half the fun.

Completely agreed. I don't mind the absurdity of Borderlands 2 because, like you said, that's exactly what they're going for.

And there's not a chance that Medal of Honor will be more than a shooting gallery with big explosions.

Top Bottom