• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 3 Poster

all hail the king!

GodfatherX said:
like SR1 minus the doing the side missions to get more main missions, killed the pace of the game for me, Did they change that in SR2?
they made more varied side missions, less levels of each side mission and more ways to get your level up when just playing the game.

X26

Banned
like that I'm seeing very little 'gangsta' in the art, there was more than enough of that in SR1 and 2

MMaRsu

Banned
X26 said:
like that I'm seeing very little 'gangsta' in the art, there was more than enough of that in SR1 and 2

Haha oh my god dude if you think they are gonna do away with the gangsta shit ( why in quotation marks anyway? ) you are a fool :p.

Gravijah

X26 said:

instead we're getting mafia or something, woo! ;p

doesn't it seem like they're leaving the old city in those screens?

X26 said:
That dosen't look "gangsta" to you? Well, I don't know what to tell you. Stupid gangsta stuff is kind of part of the series. The stupidity of 2 was what made in enjoyable. If they move away from that then screw the series.

Anyway, I can't wait. Love SR2. SR1 was terrible, but 2 was incredibly fun.

X26

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Haha oh my god dude if you think they are gonna do away with the gangsta shit ( why in quotation marks anyway? ) you are a fool :p.

I know that much, but as long as it isn't the main focus and instead just one of many flavors within the game I'd be happy

X26

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
That dosen't look "gangsta" to you? Well, I don't know what to tell you. Stupid gangsta stuff is kind of part of the series. The stupidity of 2 was what made in enjoyable. If they move away from that then screw the series.

Anyway, I can't wait. Love SR2. SR1 was terrible, but 2 was incredibly fun.

Art looks more gangster than gangsta to me

Ideally to me it would transition like it did in San Andreas, from gang banging to moving up the criminal ladder all while maintaining over the top gameplay, without sticking to a single style

They better bring back the feature where my characters sings to 80s songs.

Take on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Scared the hell out of me when it first happened. But then I realized what was happening and all was well, then an achievement popped up. Awesome.

Gravijah said:
instead we're getting mafia or something, woo! ;p

doesn't it seem like they're leaving the old city in those screens?
Yeah it sure does, which is good. Stilwater was getting a little worn out.

MMaRsu

Banned
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
They better bring back the feature where my characters sings to 80s songs.

Take on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Scared the hell out of me when it first happened. But then I realized what was happening and all was well, then an achievement popped up. Awesome.

I find the ingame mp3 player a much more needed function after it was ripped out of part 2 ( why for gods sake??? ). The first game had an amazing mp3 player for listening to music on foot. This is something I DEMAND to return!~

MMaRsu said:
I find the ingame mp3 player a much more needed function after it was ripped out of part 2 ( why for gods sake??? ). The first game had an amazing mp3 player for listening to music on foot. This is something I DEMAND to return!~

Yeah, this was definitely missed for me too. Actually spent a few minutes looking for it in the options, and was disheartened when I could not find it. Playing music during on-foot shootouts made for some cool moments. This was really the only step back they made. It would definitely be awesome if they brought it back for 3.

Actually spent a few minutes looking for it in the options.

Dennis

Banned
bathala said:
Airplane...

I'm guessing bigger and different cities?

(I would like San Andreas size city)
By which you mean multiple cities plus rural areas? If so, I agree wholeheartedly.

SR3 needs more mad rednecks.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Woohoo, the hype train is rolling. As long as I can still throw people off of buildings/into traffic, I will be happy. Can't wait to see the actual game.

Darklord

Banned
I REALLY hope they add in geomod 2.0 or the physics engine that GTA4 uses. The fun that could be had would be off the fuckin' chain!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Darklord said:
I REALLY hope they add in geomod 2.0 or the physics engine that GTA4 uses. The fun that could be had would be off the fuckin' chain!

Yeah, geomod would be incredible but I'd imagine that they'd have a hard time pulling it off in a massive, seamless city. It's not barren and empty like Red Faction so it would be a tall order for the consoles.

The Euphoria physics engine is one of my favorite things to come out of this gen, but I think part of me would miss seeing people flying 100 feet in the air when I smash them with a truck.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Buckethead said:
I've never played Saints Row before but why are they so obsessed with the la fleur?

the purple flower thingy is 3rd Street Saints (your gang..and best gang ever) logo,so yeah it should be on everything.

Buckethead said:
I've never played Saints Row before but why are they so obsessed with the la fleur?

Also that guy looks douchey to the max.
It's the gang symbol of the Saints, no real significance really.

I'm guessing that's the player character, who should be fully customizable.

EYEL1NER

Agent White said:
your in luck

pic
I remember being so surprised when they cancelled it. I had the game on 360 already, but when they cancelled it, I was like "Wut? How can you cancel the first game and then release the second one? What about people wanting to play the beginning?"

Saints row 1 never really caught me, it was fun for an early open city game this gen but I never played more then what the demo gave, was not interested.

The day I was given saints row 2 to me I changed for the better, the 2nd game is so good and I love how it can be slapstick in places instead of 100% serious all the time, it balances both really well.

Raide

Diablohead said:
Saints row 1 never really caught me, it was fun for an early open city game this gen but I never played more then what the demo gave, was not interested.

The day I was given saints row 2 to me I changed for the better, the 2nd game is so good and I love how it can be slapstick in places instead of 100% serious all the time, it balances both really well.

I feel the same way. Being able to do all that but with co-op, made it even more awesome. I hope they expand on the co-op side for SR3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Diablohead said:

Saint Row 2 is a way better game than SR1, it's better in every single little and big thing, from the story to the variety of missions and controls and character customization, it's the really how you make a great sequel,I hope Volition play on SR2's strong points and not dumbing down it,anything will get removed ( multi voices for male and females for example) will be unacceptable, this is not Red faction.

and oh,Volition, bring back the actress who played the main character (white female voice)back plz, she was awesome in SR2.

Raide said:
I feel the same way. Being able to do all that but with co-op, made it even more awesome. I hope they expand on the co-op side for SR3.

yeah, but not over the single player mode.

also something like Demon's Soul style ( like you enter other players game and help the other gangs/cops against the player) can be cool.

Totobeni said:

The best thing about SR2 was that the co-op WAS the single player. If they do it the same way but only increase it to 4 players I will be happy as hell.

Totobeni said:
Saint Row 2 is a way better game than SR1, it's better in every single little and big thing, from the story to the variety of missions and controls and character customization, it's the really how you make a great sequel,I hope Volition play on SR2's strong points and not dumbing down it,anything will get removed ( multi voices for male and females for example) will be unacceptable, this is not Red faction.

and oh,Volition, bring back the actress who played the main character (white female voice)back plz, she was awesome in SR2.

also something like Demon's Soul style ( like you enter other players game and help the other gangs/cops against the player) can be cool.
Oh yeah that was Eliza Dushku, she was awesome.

What?? Can't wait for this one, and I just bought SR2 last week because it was on sale. The game is fire! They need bigger and badder missions though. There were only a handful in SR2.

MMaRsu

Banned
MrHicks said:
bring back the mike and dave show KBOOM radio station from saints row 1

Hell yeah that shit was funny as hell!

They were talking about norwegians and them wearing tennisrackets for shoes and shit, fish in their mustaches hahaha

Flag burning hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTqUJipPveQ ( flag burning )
http://www.youtube.com/user/xboxguy72#p/u/7/fhb9GAkl70M ( immigrants )

Found a few soundclips online :D FINALLY

Genius writing honestly, and even better than a lot of GTA's talkshows.

Kamille

I need this game in my life. Will be there day one. Loved Saints Row 1 & 2. Some of my fondest memories were speeding through the mall in an ATV and screwing with the mall cops in SR2. Along with insurance fraud and those property damage missions. Good times.

Net_Wrecker said:
The best thing about SR2 was that the co-op WAS the single player. If they do it the same way but only increase it to 4 players I will be happy as hell.

My friends and I are pulling for this, or at least a 16 player free-roam, but as long as co-op is back I'll be happy, but I want to see it taken to the next level.

Marleyman

Banned
I enjoyed SR 1 and 2 for what they offer, but I just can't say that the SR series is superior to GTA 4 overall, as they both have positives where the other has negatives.

That being said, I am pumped for a new SR.

Top Bottom