• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I hope its boardwalk empire where the nudity gets more and more gratitutious as the season goes on as opposed to most shows where it drops off after the first episode

Showing some titties in the first episode of a season is just good storytelling.

Just renewed my HBO subscription for this. Can't wait. I think the western stuff will probably help this appeal to a wide audience who might not be into the more sci-fi elements

Kvik

This show looks like it's checking all the relevant boxes for me.

AI running rampant.
Western.
Hannibal Lecter.
Sexbots (Waifus?)

Hopefully there will be a sexposition about the nature of man and the artificial consciousness. Then it'll be a 10/10 HBO show.

Yep. Western stuff didn't help Deadwood at all.
Times have changed.

No Country For Old Men, Hell or High Water, Django and Hateful Eight, Hell on Wheels, 3:10 To Yuma, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Good The Bad The Weird, etc., all post Deadwood

Magnificent Seven was the #1 movie in the box offic this weekend

Werd

I was worried about this with the delays and such but glad to see that early indications are good. Definitely watching.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How is the source material? Worth checking out?

Absolutely! It's definitely one of the better 70s sci-fi films out there. The first half-2/3 of the movie is really focused on the "WOW" factor of the futuristic park, but the plot really picks up in the last bit.

After Person of Interest, I have complete faith in Jonah Nolan to deliver another amazing sci-fi show. Everything about Westworld looks incredibly compelling, I can't wait for Sunday.

Literally just watched the original 1970s film last night for the first time. Holds up really well today, IMO.

Pretty interested in this.

faridmon

I am conflicted.

For one I love Jonathan Nolan and Person of Interest....

But on the other hand, I hate HBO and how the ''mature''-ise everything they do, and the fact that I heard this show was intended to replace Game of Thrones, put a bigger damp on my excitement. One of the amazing thing about PIO was that it didn't use sex and boobs to be amazing. Oh and it had humour too.

Any POI-GAF on board on this?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What do you think?
I don't know anything about it, but if it's going to take place primarily in the "western" realm, I'm not sure if I'd be as interested. Of course, I guess being called "Westworld" is probably a good indicator of what I should expect.

Sober

I am conflicted.

For one I love Jonathan Nolan and Person of Interest....

But on the other hand, I hate HBO and how the ''mature''-ise everything they do, and the fact that I heard this show was intended to replace Game of Thrones, put a bigger damp on my excitement. One of the amazing thing about PIO was that it didn't use sex and boobs to be amazing. Oh and it had humour too.

Any POI-GAF on board on this?
I think most of us are.

The only thing is that HBO pretty much requires you to just pop the T&A out. I'm actually a little more concerned of all the production issues the show had earlier. Just hoping the younger Nolan isn't going out of his way to go too crazy on this project (like the non-simulated orgy scenes).

I think most of us are.

The only thing is that HBO pretty much requires you to just pop the T&A out. I'm actually a little more concerned of all the production issues the show had earlier. Just hoping the younger Nolan isn't going out of his way to go too crazy on this project (like the non-simulated orgy scenes).

There was a BTS on POI where he said he finds sex scenes a bit weird, so I don't think it'll be too bad. So like the
Shaw and Root "sex scene"
in POI it'll happen but it won't be "all there". Then again it's modern HBO, and I'm pretty sure I remember Pizzaman saying for TD they were given notes on some scripts that said "Needs more sex"

I don't know anything about it, but if it's going to take place primarily in the "western" realm, I'm not sure if I'd be as interested. Of course, I guess being called "Westworld" is probably a good indicator of what I should expect.

How about a sci-fi story and themes in a (mostly) western setting?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shit - *next* week..

Saw the thread and figured it was out now. Short lead time on gaming threads has me conditioned

Schlorgan

I didn't know that James Marsden and Ed Harris were in this. I'll probably end up watching it. I don't have HBO, so I'll probably just wait for the Blu-ray.

Top Bottom