• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft revises Watch Dog's PC specs (even more demanding ones, 6GB RAM minimum)

As people previously pointed out Ubisoft said the previously published specs weren't official (although posted on their website!) and the new official ones would be posted soon.

Well here they are: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/productID.288216200/sac.true

MINIMUM
Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED
Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

The previous ones: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689385

Base Specification
Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
CPU: Quad core
RAM: 4GB

example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 460
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
CPU: Eight core
RAM: 8GB

example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

"Ultra" Specification
GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
CPU: Latest Eight core or more
RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

Notice the minimum requirements have jumped from a Q6600 with 4GB RAM to a Q8400 with 6GB RAM.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice.

Getting this on PS4 but the better it looks on PC the higher the chance I will double dip on steam eventually. (All providing the game is good)

SparkTR

Seems about right, I got my current mid-range PC almost 2 years ago and I beat the recommended specs. Better than I expected for a next-gen game.

Chavelo

Good. Ubisoft might be exaggerating with those specs, but I didn't build a monster pc for nothing. Give me that nextgen, cause I sure as hell been ready for a while now.

kswiston

To run a 360 game. I do not understand.

We are probably reaching the point where current gen consoles will start receiving barebones downports like the PS2 did in 2006-2008. If they have a separate build for watchdogs on XB1/PS4, it makes sense that the PC requirements would be for that build.

That said, after 4 years (and one vid card upgrade), it looks like we have finally reached the point where my rig is just treading water over that minimum specs line... When my wife finishes mat leave, it will be time for a new build.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What the actual fuck @ those processor requirements. That's insane. Either they haven't bothered optimizing (almost guaranteed) or this game is the best-looking, most complex game ever devised (not so much, probably).

I have a Q6600 so I guess I'm fucked.

antitrop

Yves Guillemot said:
“We expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure. Previously, we developed games first on the Xbox 360 and then translated them onto the PS3. It took a lot of time and money to port. Now we develop first on the PC and port to all other consoles.”

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisofts-ceo-confirms-that-pc-is-the-lead-platform-for-watch-dogs/

PC is the lead development platform for Watch_Dogs, it is not a port.

I do think this is like this because they can't optimize it correctly... maybe? Even Crysis 3, which looks amazing, isn't even this goddamn demanding (on paper).

SJRB

Gold Member
I can't wrap my head around these insane minimum requirement specs, considering the game is also coming out for current-gen platforms.

CSX

Wait i thought Ubisoft said it was going to be less demanding than the previous spec sheet?

either way, good lord at CPU recommendation.

I dont think the concept of good GPU / average CPU for PC building works for this game lol...

GeoGonzo

Actually, it's a PC game.

The 360 version is a downport.

Would be nice, but till I see it for myself I'm assuming its a poorly optimized console port with a few bells and whistles, much like AC3. The only difference is that it will come from a PS4/XBO instead of PS3/360.

Lol my PC doesn't even hit minimum specs. And people said we won't see an increase in system requirements next-gen and everything would run at 1080p60 forever easily

Saty

So will the game straight up won't boot on less than Minimum cpu\ram specs the same as it doesn't when the GFX card is?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Lol at the guy debunking the original specs saying the real ones will be much less demanding.

Everyone should have at least 8 GBs of ram anyway, super cheap and makes a massive difference in day to day computer usage. Processor requirements make me nervous though, hopefully my i53570K will do alright overclocked. The 8 cores and 800 GTX series videocards need to come out so I can upgrade. Wish I would have gotten a second 670 a while back but oh well, too late now.

Hopefully this means the game really is a next gen stunner though and not just horribly unoptimized. We haven't had direct feed footage in a while so who knows. Show the PC version Ubisoft!

What the actual fuck @ those processor requirements. That's insane. Either they haven't bothered optimizing (almost guaranteed) or this game is the best-looking, most complex game ever devised (not so much, probably).

Your CPU is 6 years old, this shouldn't be surprising.

SparkTR

I remember choosing between that and a E8500 back when I first got into PC gaming in 2008. Looking back it feels like an eternity ago, expecting that to run next gen games is kind if insane.

Damaniel

Banned
Good. What's the point of having high end PC hardware if nothing ever uses it? Honestly, even value PCs these days have 8GB of RAM.

Animator

Good. Ubisoft might be exaggerating with those specs, but I didn't build a monster pc for nothing. Give me that nextgen, cause I sure as hell been ready for a while now.

Exactly. But I am sure we will have some whiners here try to spin this as it's a bad thing because their six year old computer can't run it.

Top Bottom