• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

ZeroX03

Banned
King gets the Rainmaker finisher?

NICE

oYzYR3o.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned
Pre-order characters are literally the most scummy thing developers can do for pre-order bonuses. Why, it makes no sense. Dampened the mood but still excited.

Of course it makes sense for the publisher. Pre-Orders are really, really important for them. Guaranteed pre-sales >>> all.

Kinda shit for fans though.

Deps

Game will be at Evo, almost guaranteed. Probably will get announced as arcade version again then will get switched to console version.

Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release. I definitely appreciate the apology given, though.

I would honestly rather have a Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition port. Tons of characters, costumes and modes from the start.

DR2K

Banned
Can't wait to hop online and he destroyed by people who played this game for 2 years already. Day 1 regardless.

This is the first next gen 3D style fighter. No new DOA, VF, or SC. :/

ZeroX03

Banned
So is there going to be a Physical Deluxe version so I can save on the Season Pass with GCU?

Yes, for PS4 and XB1.

e: at least I think I saw them mentioned somewhere. there's box art work for the Deluxe Edition for all platforms but I'm not seeing listings. I think an outlet might have confused them with the CE. A shame if digital only is the case.

This game has been at Evo despite not having a major presence in the West, it's definitely going to be in this year lol

Looking forward to playing this finally. Didn't get time to try it at Evo last year. I'll probably play Kazumi or Heihachi with Julia not being in. I'm interested in seeing who is in the Season Pass.

Castef

Banned
No idea what your talking about there

Not sure that's what the guy means

It's a saga which did not get old very well, it seems very, very obsolete, starting from the animations. Even the characters seem somehow dull right now.

In comparison, in Street Fighter IV you did almost everything you did in previous games, yet it felt updated and fresh.

Tekken 7 does not feel like a new game, it feels like a remaster of some old chapter.

Gren

Dang, no cross-platform play after all. Wasn't expecting it considering past statements, but always held out a shred of hope. Will still cop on PC though.

Menitta

Cool! This'll be the first Tekken game I get at launch!

I'm glad it's in summer and not too close to literally everything else this year.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jin is obviously still the main character. but since its kazuya and heihachi's feud, they get the spotlight in marketing i guess..

I'm more interested to see if Jun comes back and if Xiaoyu plays a decent part than what happens to Heihachi or Kazuya. Its been since T2 since Kaz and Heihachi were the only major plot point in these games

Jin is obviously still the main character. but since its kazuya and heihachi's feud, they get the spotlight in marketing i guess..

I'm more interested to see if Jun comes back and if Xiaoyu plays a decent part than what happens to Heihachi or Kazuya. Its been since T2 since Kaz and Heihachi were the only major plot point in these games
kazuya and heihachi's feud was tekken 4 and Jin still ended up being the main character there as well.

and I agree about Xiao...I posted a Harada tweet earlier in this thread implying that she may finally have the important role she deserves

Manbig

I'm fine with June release date as I'll be fresh off of this next semester of classes, so I'll have free time.

I'm not too happy with the paid DLC stuff though. I'm assuming Namco Bandai finally put the gun to Harada's head for this one.

Dahbomb

Box art looks bad ass.

Jukebox mode so I can play Moonlit Wilderness all the time.

T4 Jin costume aka best Jin costume.

Only bad thing is pre order DLC but I can just go in day 1 to get it and it will probably have it in.

ZeroX03

Banned
Main character is a pretty fluid term for this series. There's not a single character who's had the main focus in every single game. Jin wasn't in the first two. Kaz skipped 3. Heihachi's been in all of them, but usually second or third in prominence.

Jin fans you should probably brace yourself that Heihachi and Kaz will very likely be getting the prime story spotlight this entry. They've made it abundantly clear.

This is coming to EVO. The game has technically been "out" for 2 years and has had multiple tournament scenes already. If you are a serious Tekken pro you should be well accustomed to the game by now.

and I agree about Xiao...I posted a Harada tweet earlier in this thread implying that she may finally have the important role she deserves
Personally I feel bad about Xiaoyu since I now think of her as the bubbly clingy jealous with a touch of yandere Jin fangirl that Street Fighter x Tekken made her out to be. I played that one a lot so the way she was portrayed became my new headcanon. Sorry! Well, kinda. Sorta. Not really. I like it.

Top Bottom