• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

GC Platoons

attachment.php

iammeiam

But you will be able to take them into normal dungeons with you also

I think the funniest part about this is that one of the biggest complaints about garrisons is that they isolated you from other players. If FFXIV is going to let you take NPCs in place of people for dungeons, they figured out a way to out-garrison garrisons.

Realistically the games are structured wildly differently and the end impact will likely be different, but given the burning hatred a lot of people have for garrisons, seeing something similar pop up in XIV is pretty funny.

Qvoth

i think those npc platoon things are mainly to help new players do old content that nobody does anymore? so they won't have to queue hours

Allard

I think the funniest part about this is that one of the biggest complaints about garrisons is that they isolated you from other players. If FFXIV is going to let you take NPCs in place of people for dungeons, they figured out a way to out-garrison garrisons.

Realistically the games are structured wildly differently and the end impact will likely be different, but given the burning hatred a lot of people have for garrisons, seeing something similar pop up in XIV is pretty funny.

Platoons are supposed to be there to help for older content that has less people playing, its a system designed to give players something to do while waiting on content or leveling a new job doing older less active content. It's not meant to be an end game replacement or at least that's what they have said in the past, with garrisons everyone did it because it was one, if not the best way to get a ton of gold and basically asked you play farmville requiring you to stay in your instanced area. It looks like most of this can be done even while out in the field so you aren't forced to be at your central location.

Wilsongt

All this talk for hotbars. Zzzzzzzzz

They always make the most minor thing such a large part of the live letters.

Also, no mention of SMN egi glamours.

RIP the dream.

Allard

Yeah, probably wont even make it for 3.5, I expect it to be a big thing for the expansion.

They mentioned they hoped to have it ready for implementation but acknowledged it might not be ready in time for 3.4. I see companions more likely being involved in some type of new event in 4.0 if its a war based expansion like some are expecting. Training a war squad, you take them to dungeons, send them on quests, all in preparation for some sort of war effort, but that's speculation on my part, I think the dungeon/trial part will come before 4.0 but not everything from 2.0 will be ready to use right away, mostly just the 4 player dungeons imo.

katagai

Tap R2 and L2 for both cross bars.
#ps4 gamechanging.

I wasn't paying attention to when they explained this, but are these additional crossbars you can access or part of the 1-10 you get? Reason I ask is that I already do this by setting half of a crossbar to my L2+R2 and R2+L2, but if this allows you to assign an additional half bar to each crossbar set, that'd be awesome.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wasn't paying attention to when they explained this, but are these additional crossbars you can access or part of the 1-10 you get? Reason I ask is that I already do this by setting half of a crossbar to my L2+R2 and R2+L2, but if this allows you to assign an additional half bar to each crossbar set, that'd be awesome.

It's pretty much the same thing as L2>R2, except it works off double taps.

Guess Who

Banned

This basically lets you set part of one of the 1-10 hotbars to double-tapping L2 or R2, same as expanded crossbar lets you set part of one your 1-10 hotbars to holding L2+R2/R2+L2.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I dont.
Im sure there will be an option in FINAL FANTASY HOTBAR EDITION MAX

katagai

It's pretty much the same thing as L2>R2, except it works off double taps.

This basically lets you set part of one of the 1-10 hotbars to double-tapping L2 or R2, same as expanded crossbar lets you set part of one your 1-10 hotbars to holding L2+R2/R2+L2.

Well that's a bummer. I was hoping that each of the 1-10 crossbar sets would have it's own double crossbar you could assign stuff to. I guess at least with this method I can access the other half of the crossbar without being confused if what I need is on L2+R2 or R2+L2.

I hope somebody makes a summary, and explains what the different things are. I see all of these new things announced but as a rather new player, I have a hard time understanding what is being added.

How new? Honestly, if you are still leveling, just focus on the story and through osmosis you will pick up on alot.

studyguy

If you're new the only thing that will impact you will probably be the minor battle system changes like the auto attack and refresh actions.

Beyond that zip so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom