• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

somnific

_dementia said:
11ky1z4.png

rogner5th's glorious fanart

uNF, so good.

Pringo

Banned
Gekko87 said:
So any help on how I would use these fucking awesome pieces of art to replace my original box art?
Most of the covers here aren't ready to be used in actual game boxes, but a few people have been nice enough to post high-res versions to be used for that reason exactly. There haven't been all that many so far (killer7 and Katamari Damacy are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head) but hopefully we'll get some more. I'm about to update the OP with the box arts that are ready to be printed and used.

somnific

Gekko87 said:
So any help on how I would use these fucking awesome pieces of art to replace my original box art?

most of these were not made print-ready; i'm sure a lot of them were made on a whim. i'd suggest if you were really serious about printing some of these to request in this thread which one you want done and/or pm the artist who made it if they can do it. i'd ascertain that a lot of assets that were used were already low quality, but hopefully most will be able and willing to provide a print ready copy (given some time, of course).

somnific

b.e.r.g said:
Mostly thanks to the amazing fan art for these though:
2nd cover: Art by P.Chan

just to be clear Peter Chan was one of the concept artists for Grim Fandango. check out the rest (if you can find it), it's pretty awesome.

KevinCow

Banned
Wow. Why can't real boxart look like these? Instead of just being a bunch of character renders sloppily thrown together.

How would I go about printing these out if I wanted to use them? I assume I'd need a special kind of paper and ink. Do you think I'd just be able to bring them up to Kinkos or something on a USB stick?

Anyway, a I made these a few weeks ago. I think they're pretty good considering how I have little to no artistic skill. I'd put the GAF Collection stuff on them, but I don't have GIMP on this computer and can't install anything.

e6x442.png

2zrzwh5.png

2dkn5lj.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KevinCow, may I suggest centering the Prime 1 Samus visor better and going with the corruption veins all over one side of the visor in the MP3 cover.

KevinCow

Banned
HK-47 said:
KevinCow, may I suggest centering the Prime 1 Samus visor better and going with the corruption veins all over one side of the visor in the MP3 cover.
Yeah, it should be centered better. I noticed that as I was posting it. Dunno why I did that.

And I agree about having more veins, but it looked like shit every time I tried to do it. :lol

EDIT: Oh wait, I remember why it's not centered. The template I used said that there should be some extra space around the edges.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KevinCow said:
Yeah, it should be centered better. I noticed that as I was posting it. Dunno why I did that.

And I agree about having more veins, but it looked like shit every time I tried to do it. :lol

EDIT: Oh wait, I remember why it's not centered. The template I used said that there should be some extra space around the edges.

How about half the visor is blue (with or without veins) and half is normal?

KevinCow

Banned
That could work. Dunno if it's really worth it, though. I mean they're not all that good in the first place, I really just wanted to share the concept.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KevinCow said:
That could work. Dunno if it's really worth it, though. I mean they're not all that good in the first place, I really just wanted to share the concept.

Oh but they are good.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Haunted said:
Minimalistic Nomura cover = only 1 zipper.

I kid of course. ;) Inspired work, love the button.
:lol

Good one. Funny that I didn't even recall the meme while doing it.

Thanks. :)

Retro

orioto said:
CriterionSonic.jpg

Quick attempt at it !

I have to say, the checker-board pattern is one of the big hallmarks of early Sonic, so that's very fitting in my mind. Simple and clean and obvious. I likes it.

Top Bottom