• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDR for PS3 - Announced - Launch Party 12/08/2010

Did a search, couldn't find anything.

Seems Konami are to release a new DDR for the PS3:

38615_428892291120_33404976120_5112601_4865709_n.jpg

Yes, DanceDanceRevolution fans, it’s true—we’re bringing DDR to the PS3! And we’re bringing YOU to the launch party. Thursday evening, August 12, in LA. Join us in person, on Twitter, or on Facebook for exclusive, interactive, fan-friendly, multiplayer Music & Motion fun. Stay tuned for more exciting details.

Just went up on their facebook page. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/konami?ref=ts) and on twitter (https://twitter.com/konami_ddr)

edit (10/08/2010) more info courtest of gofreak and Eurogamer:

For the first time in the history of the franchise, DanceDanceRevolution PS3 will feature a truly interactive dance experience via PlayStation Move as it challenges players to use both their hands and feet simultaneously - providing the most rhythmic and realistic dancing experience yet on PlayStation 3!

Additionally, compatibility with the PlayStation EYE allows players to take pictures of their room and add dance club components to transport their home into a virtual club.

The game, due out later this year, will come with 25 new original songs by Konami's in-house artists, as well as 25 "famous" licensed tracks.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-10-dancedancerevolution-ps3-supports-move

Honestly about bloody time. I, for one, am hugely excited.

glaurung

Wow.

Maybe they'll even support Müve?

Excited for this, I thought DDR would never leave the arcade any more.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Awesome, my Mom bought my sisters a PS3 not knowing that their PS2 DDR games did not in fact work on it. My sisters will be pleased.

Seraphis Cain said:
Could they really not find a picture of a PS3 Slim? :lol

Only compatible with fat PS3. Believe!

Im all over this. Ive been wanting me some dance games for some time now.

Rflagg

Day one if it supports "move" or rather the ps3eye in a way that I don't have to get a dance pad. You, know it can be done Konami, and I would think they increased sales would make up for whatever cash you get for said dance pads.

I want them to use the ENTIRE blu-ray and make it every DDR song ever. Or at least a greatest hits. I've only got (EU) Dancing Stage Euromix and Party Edition and want me some Paranoia 2MB Clean....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Some detail. It's coming this year, although it's not clear if that's for Japan or worldwide. 25 original tracks from Konami's in-house artists, and 25 licensed tracks:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-10-dancedancerevolution-ps3-supports-move

"For the first time in the history of the franchise, DanceDanceRevolution PS3 will feature a truly interactive dance experience via PlayStation Move as it challenges players to use both their hands and feet simultaneously - providing the most rhythmic and realistic dancing experience yet on PlayStation 3!" reads an excitable press release.

"Additionally, compatibility with the PlayStation EYE allows players to take pictures of their room and add dance club components to transport their home into a virtual club." Banging.

Excellent, I've always found the DDR series to be much more enjoyable fitness games than actual dedicated fitness games (and thus I'm much more likely to stick with it). Now all I need is a converter that would allow me to plug my PS2 dance mats into my PS3 - does such a thing exist?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
BritBloke916 said:
Excellent, I've always found the DDR series to be much more enjoyable fitness games than actual dedicated fitness games (and thus I'm much more likely to stick with it). Now all I need is a converter that would allow me to plug my PS2 dance mats into my PS3 - does such a thing exist?
I'm guessing standard PS2 to USB adapters made for the PC would work. Might want to wait till it comes out for confirmation on that, but the PS3 accepts most gamepads through USB anyways.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
ichinisan said:
Anyway seeing that tracklisting they MUST do DLC. They must.
50 songs, on a Blu-Ray disc, really Konami? Ugh. The rumor around E3 last year was that there would be something like the Singstore where they would put up all the DDR songs and you could download them. I hope that this still is in the works. I'd much rather have this than some ridiculous PSEye or Kinect or Move functionality.

DDR is about smashing arrows, it's never been about dancing. Embrace what it is, and maximize that. Don't shoehorn crap into it that's uninteresting. Give me a set list as awesome as the Extreme setlist from the arcade, put it onto a home disc, and let me flail away. Hopefully it works with USB converters so I can use my nice pad. If they actually did a store and it had reasonable prices per song, I'd probably buy a metal pad, too.

But hey, Konami has sucked most of this generation and I don't expect that to change now.
Please give me IIDX Sirius on the PS3 :(
deathsight580 said:
I don't see the point of any DDR game anymore with Stepmania around.
Well, back when I used Stepmania it wasn't nearly as nice as DDR, nor did it have the same timing windows. Maybe that's changed now but I don't know. I bought the JPS2/PS1 DDR games and those scratch my itch.

Michan

For the first time in the history of the franchise, DanceDanceRevolution PS3 will feature a truly interactive dance experience via PlayStation Move as it challenges players to use both their hands and feet simultaneously
Uh, didn't they do this on Wii?

explodet

Wasn't this annouced at E3 2009?

Could have sworn I posted a screenshot from the trailer displaying DLC. (including Rick Astley)

Sai-kun

Banned
Well dammit. I sold my PS3 cuz I didn't play anything except LBP on it and I assumed this would never come out.

Dammit. :lol I bet Konami will disappoint with the songlist though. Hooray for shitty lisences and shitty KO's!

Took long enough, hope my PS2 pad will still work.

But US versions have always been weak, how many 15+ songs will this game have? And where's my X2?

Lambtron said:
50 songs, on a Blu-Ray disc, really Konami? Ugh. The rumor around E3 last year was that there would be something like the Singstore where they would put up all the DDR songs and you could download them. I hope that this still is in the works. I'd much rather have this than some ridiculous PSEye or Kinect or Move functionality.

DDR is about smashing arrows, it's never been about dancing. Embrace what it is, and maximize that. Don't shoehorn crap into it that's uninteresting. Give me a set list as awesome as the Extreme setlist from the arcade, put it onto a home disc, and let me flail away. Hopefully it works with USB converters so I can use my nice pad. If they actually did a store and it had reasonable prices per song, I'd probably buy a metal pad, too.

But hey, Konami has sucked most of this generation and I don't expect that to change now.
Please give me IIDX Sirius on the PS3 :(

Well, back when I used Stepmania it wasn't nearly as nice as DDR, nor did it have the same timing windows. Maybe that's changed now but I don't know. I bought the JPS2/PS1 DDR games and those scratch my itch.

It wasn't a rumor, it was a trailer. They had said 150 songs @ launch from past games.

I don't want Move, or crappy licensed tracks from America. All I want is DLC from the past games.

edit:

DMPrince said:
the song list. it's up to the song list :\

Songlist doesn't matter in my eyes as long as they have DLC from older gens.

edit 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=len-36qxifQ

Is that fanmade and I'm just gullible?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have a Cobalt Flux for the ps2, hopefully that works with this. Also how will this work with lag on hdtvs? I tried playing the ps2 version on my tv and it was awful.

Here's hoping it actually is a quality game that doesn't require motion controls and has lots of old Konami Originals and J-Pop tunes available for DLC. I'm quite surprised they announced that half the built-in songs are originals, the last few releases have been VERY license-heavy.

msdstc said:
I have a Cobalt Flux for the ps2, hopefully that works with this. Also how will this work with lag on hdtvs? I tried playing the ps2 version on my tv and it was awful.
A large part of that lag was probably upconverting the PS2 to your TV's native resolution. As long as the PS3 game can render at your TV's native resolution, it should be fine. Also, the PS2 games have options to adjust the timing, you should play around with that to try and sync it up.

androvsky

demosthenes said:
It wasn't a rumor, it was a trailer. They had said 150 songs @ launch from past games.

I don't want Move, or crappy licensed tracks from America. All I want is DLC from the past games.

edit:

Songlist doesn't matter in my eyes as long as they have DLC from older gens.

edit 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=len-36qxifQ

Is that fanmade and I'm just gullible?

Knowing Konami lately, it's really hard to tell if including "Never Gonna Give you Up" by Rick Astley is a clue to it being a fanmade trailer or not.

Top Bottom